CA CA/OH/LA/MS/TX - SAMUEL LITTLE, aka Samuel McDowell, 1970's thru 2012, Serial Killer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Can we go into the missing files for these states and help identify possible victims

• Total voters
More info and pics at the link:

Samuel Little, the most prolific serial killer in US history, dies at 80 | Daily Mail Online

"Samuel Little, the most prolific serial killer in US history with 60 confirmed victims, has died at the age of 80, authorities confirmed on Wednesday.

Little, who had diabetes, heart trouble and other ailments, died at a California hospital, according to the state Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

He was serving a life sentence for multiple counts of murder.

California corrections department spokeswoman Vicky Waters said there was no sign of foul play, and his cause of death will be determined by a coroner.

A career criminal who had been in and out jail for decades, Little denied for years he'd ever killed anyone."

More info and pics at the link:

Samuel Little, the most prolific serial killer in US history, dies at 80 | Daily Mail Online

"Samuel Little, the most prolific serial killer in US history with 60 confirmed victims, has died at the age of 80, authorities confirmed on Wednesday.

Little, who had diabetes, heart trouble and other ailments, died at a California hospital, according to the state Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

He was serving a life sentence for multiple counts of murder.

California corrections department spokeswoman Vicky Waters said there was no sign of foul play, and his cause of death will be determined by a coroner.

A career criminal who had been in and out jail for decades, Little denied for years he'd ever killed anyone."

America's most prolific killer Samuel Little died with only his guards by his bedside | Daily Mail Online

"Unable to walk and in constant pain, Samuel Little, America's most prolific killer, died a pathetic creature alone apart from the guards who constantly watched over him.

Little, who authorities believe killed 93 people over an unrelenting 34-year period died in a California hospital on Wednesday He was 80.

Little, who had serious long-running health problems including diabetes and heart trouble died one day before the 50th anniversary of his first known killing."

Unlike most serial killers, he confessed in great detail to the murders he committed. And for the most part (so far), he’s been relatively accurate about the information he’s provided. Sure, there may be more we’ll never know about and he was probably wrong about a lot of things, but I think he left quite a bit to work with towards bringing answers to even more families. I’m hopeful for that.

Unlike most serial killers, he confessed in great detail to the murders he committed. And for the most part (so far), he’s been relatively accurate about the information he’s provided. Sure, there may be more we’ll never know about and he was probably wrong about a lot of things, but I think he left quite a bit to work with towards bringing answers to even more families. I’m hopeful for that.
Exactly. We have plenty of verified Jane Does still, some of whom were found even in the early 1970s. This investigation is FAR from over.

Dunno if you guys have already watched this, but there’s this new miniserie, Confronting a Serial Killer, about Samuel Little and his crimes. Very well done documental, free of corny, bad acted re-enactments.
I’m a true crime buff, yet wasn’t prepared to get completely terrified with the depth of depravation and plain evil of Samuel Little, He was a cold soulless beast, and his crimes were worst than I could have ever imagine
STARZ
Watch Confronting a Serial Killer | Prime Video
Confronting a Serial Killer

Last edited:
Dunno if you guys have already watched this, but there’s this new miniserie, Confronting a Serial Killer, about Samuel Little and his crimes. Very well done documental, free of corny, bad acted re-enactments.
I’m a true crime buff, yet wasn’t prepared to get completely terrified with the depth of depravation and plain evil of Samuel Little, He was a cold soulless beast, and his crimes were worst than I could have ever imagine
STARZ
Watch Confronting a Serial Killer | Prime Video
Confronting a Serial Killer
Interesting. Thanks for the link! I’ll have to check it out when I have time.

After 44 years, authorities ID woman who was possible victim of most prolific serial killer in U.S. history

Authorities on Tuesday identified skeletal remains found nearly 44 years ago at a Mississippi construction site as Clara Birdlong, a woman they believe was a victim of the late Samuel Little, the most prolific killer in U.S. history.

In December 1977, hunters found her remains near a highway in Jackson County, the sheriff's department said. Birdlong, long identified by investigators as "Escatawpa Jane Doe," was a short Black woman with a distinctive front gold tooth who was discovered about three to four months after she was killed, according to the Jackson County Sheriff's Department.
(…)
Little, who was serving multiple life sentences in prison before he died in late December at age 80, confessed to killing 93 women across the country between 1970 and 2005, including "Escatawpa Jane Doe," whom he did not know by name, according to authorities.

"Investigators confirmed Samuel Little was in Jackson County in 1977, during the approximate time frame of the woman’s death," the sheriff's department said.

The confessions of a prolific serial killer have left L.A. detectives chasing ghosts — Los Angeles Times

I know not everyone can access Apple News and I could not open the article in my browser. I’m terrible at this, but this article in the LA Times had links to 2 PDFs with lists and descriptions of Little’s unidentified victims. You can probably search for Samuel Little on the Los Angeles Times website and find it.
I also tried to upload the 2 files, but they were too large for this website to accept.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744
Back