Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. The other thing that makes it questionable is that the woman who spoke to the PI said, “her mother told her she saw they boys.” I do hope though that someone has contacted the store for surveillance video to follow up.
MOO
I think it's a false siting but, since it's been stated in MSM and the witness said she reported to CCPD it has to be investigated. A defense attorney could use that siting to create reasonable doubt at trial. If it was reported to LE and they did not check it out ...

Example-Kiera Bergman's boyfriend accused in her murder, walked last year because LE did not report nor investigate a tip from a person who claimed to have seen her at a critical point in time.

“It’s been my experience, especially with small children, you always start from the inside out,” Walker said. “You start from where they were seen last. If we feel like we have enough information and enough evidence to expand out, we absolutely will. But at this point, we have no reason to believe that.”
Two California City boys remain missing

*Evidentally, they still don’t believe they need to look any further than the residence.
BBM

That wording STILL bugs the peejiggers out of me!! How can it be true when nobody to my knowledge have SEEN Orrin & Orson there at that residence??

I didn’t explain myself well. What I meant was they didn’t need to go any further to expand their investigation into anyone other than the occupants at that house. The parents were interviewed by then. LE had already interviewed several agencies. By this time, I think they did know when and where the last known sighting (other than the AP) of the boys was. (Bakersfield, imo). I think that’s what he (cryptically) meant by last seen. All speculation on my part.

Last edited:
Ohhhh AWESOME did I do good including the “pauses” then? I really questioned myself on how to transcribe that little part. I (like we all feel IMHO) want to do my part to find them boys.

Thank you for the feedback @imstilla.grandma
Yes, the majority of people would have left those out. They are meaningful.

I didn’t explain myself well. What I meant was they didn’t need to go any further to expand their investigation into anyone other than the occupants at that house. The parents were interviewed by then. LE had already interviewed several agencies. By this time, I think they did know when and where the last known sighting (other than the AP) of the boys was. (Bakersfield, imo). I think that’s what he meant by last seen. All speculation on my part.

Ooooohh gotcha thank you for helping me sweep my heads dust bunnies away! Now that makes more sense to me & I will calm my feathers a bit lol.

Last night on WS live Tricia & (sorry I can’t remember your name) Moon something who was also talking brought up a great point! What if the item/clothing given to LE for the scent DIDN’T belong to the correct brothers?! Would this be intentional, a mistake, lead the dogs on the wrong path, just how does a dog know?

Ooooohh gotcha thank you for helping me sweep my heads dust bunnies away! Now that makes more sense to me & I will calm my feathers a bit lol.

Last night on WS live Tricia & (sorry I can’t remember your name) Moon something who was also talking brought up a great point! What if the item/clothing given to LE for the scent DIDN’T belong to the correct brothers?! Would this be intentional, a mistake, lead the dogs on the wrong path, just how does a dog know?

Also, if the boys had never been to the CC home, would there even be clothes that were dirty/worn clothes...

California, Kern County is under a strict stay home order. Private gatherings of any size, indoor and outdoor, are not allowed. You're only supposed to spend time with members of your household.

"You should not meet in person with anyone you do not live with. Even in a small group, and even outdoors with precautions.

Some places like LA County (to the south) are stating families larger than one person, living in the same setting, wear masks at all times, even indoors.

So undoubtedly this is limiting access now.

I understand the AP Do not want to be out in public because they fear the Bio fam, and public mob. But what's stopping them from do a presser with LE on MSM where they will guarded from all that. They can get the word out that way, spread awareness, give a shout out to Orrin, and Orson,and plea with anyone who may have them?

I think the sighting is innocently false. The only good I see is it could possibly prompt another PC. Or at least asked about it at the next PC to confirm or deny. I would think the PI would’ve vetted the story with the lady’s mom before sending it out to the media. Are licensed PI’s required to report a (credible) lead to LE?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had concerns about lack of medical care too given the matching rough estimates provided for height and weight and then the CA.gov posters which noted no dental X-rays and heights and weights that seem to be based on the latest records the government has. maybe the government just hasn’t updated the missing poster based on anything after the adoption or maybe there was no medical care after the adoption.
See CA.gov posters
Orson West
Orrin West
  • For example, it lists 3.5 year old Orson as 2ft 5” (29 inches) and 40lbs.
For reference, my daughter measured 29.5 inches tall at her 1 year check up (and almost 22lbs). I was told that both her height and weight were 55th percentile for a 12 month old girl. Which I noted on my phone because like many parents, I jot that stuff down. 40lbs is over 95th percentile for a 3 year old, but the weight worries me a lot less than the height which would just be bizarre.

• It also lists 4 year old Orrin as 3ft tall like the missing report lists for both boys (which says approximately 3ft). 3ft is the average height of a 2.5 year old according to the CDC. So these seem like old and/or inaccurate figures.

See cdc chart of height by age:
https://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/set2/chart-07.pdf

right... my son was 37" at his 2 year appt. he was like 97% and projected to be 6"2 as an adult. he also weighed 42 pounds at age 5, but hes thin.

so, if these people who may have had the boys, went in public with them, why would they kill them?

I don't know whether to hope for the best as in "someone has them" because that someone could be sex traffickers. It happens. But seriously I
do not think that is the case here. There would probably be national coverage, billboards, etc. LE seems set on the AP. I think so too.

MSM news is slowing down, I really hoped we would hear from Chief Walker again by now. Even if only to say they are working on the case day and night, but can't discuss or reveal any details.

Regarding posts which violate TOS - Report, then Scroll & Roll :)
Quoting said post to tell the poster to remove it, doubles the Mod's work ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03