Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back. The garage is boarded up also. All doors are clear for LE though. Boarded by CCPD around noon.
I sure do wonder what was taken out of that big hole, much less the smaller ones. Oh my, yes - I sure do. I’m so curious what evidence was found during their sifting of the dirt; must have been small to place into baggies. How deep y’all think that big hole is?

I don’t know why I keep double posting UGH sorry until I figure it out.

Question: Do we know if the bodies of water have been sonar & dove? Just curious.
RBBM
I have the same issue. After I post I must go back to the reply box and delete the quoted post and my post. I highlight, delete and then go to the disc icon and click “delete draft.” If I only highlight and delete it comes back!! So frustrating, I know.

See if that works for you :)!

Last night while listening to Tricia live, she gave me a very interesting idea! Just for the sake of seeing another view she played the defendant lawyer. She brought up some good points by doing so. Nothing I can quote right now because my brain starts thinking of how beautiful “her Royal Highness” looked lol!

BUT the idea I thought of was going back & listening to all the LE (only) statements an focusing on what hints/clues/facts they DID give us. I was among the “confuzzeled” group with the dogs picking up or not pick up scent in the house too.

I don’t know why I keep double posting UGH sorry until I figure it out.

Question: Do we know if the bodies of water have been sonar & dove? Just curious.
Sometimes when traffic is high, the post also saves a draft in the reply box. If you notice something is still in your reply box after posting - select all. delete. save.

A discouraging tweet from a reporter last night:

“The chief said none of the neighbors had ever seen the boys. I know Ive talked to him everyday, but there isnt much going on with the case.”
https://twitter.com/perlashaheen/status/1349221040354861057?s=21

I know some sleuthers have been urging media to do more. If on Twitter, the link above is part of a conversation on that topic. Reporters are also on Facebook.

Perla Shaheen was one of the reporters asking really good questions at the last press conference. Bayan Wang has covered a lot too and David Kaplan at Bakersfield Now @dkaplankbakkbfx was really aggressive at that press conference I think. Fyi

These 3 reporters and 1 more young woman at the beginning are the only real MSM on scene but they have other assignments and CC is far.
The independents/freelancers have been awesome. They have knocked on every door in the neighborhood, asked if people have heard any
hollering for the boys on 12/21 or any time. Checked for cameras.

Most interesting to me is the backyard neighbor with the pool. She is aware of the neighborhood and goings on. She knew the previous owners,
and all about the abandoned house, etc.

Last night while listening to Tricia live, she gave me a very interesting idea! Just for the sake of seeing another view she played the defendant lawyer. She brought up some good points by doing so. Nothing I can quote right now because my brain starts thinking of how beautiful “her Royal Highness” looked lol!

BUT the idea I thought of was going back & listening to all the LE (only) statements an focusing on what hints/clues/facts they DID give us. I was among the “confuzzeled” group with the dogs picking up or not pick up scent in the house too.
Let’s take a look at one of the press conferences again. Thank you and Tricia both. It’s always good to go back to the beginning while we’re stalled. Keeps us occupied and out of trouble~I need all the help I can get; so maybe we can review LE statements that are in quotes. Not paraphrased by a reporter. Best place to start: local stations out of Cal City and Bakersfield. KGET and KERO. imo

A discouraging tweet from a reporter last night:

“The chief said none of the neighbors had ever seen the boys. I know Ive talked to him everyday, but there isnt much going on with the case.”
https://twitter.com/perlashaheen/status/1349221040354861057?s=21

I know some sleuthers have been urging media to do more. If on Twitter, the link above is part of a conversation on that topic. Reporters are also on Facebook.

Perla Shaheen was one of the reporters asking really good questions at the last press conference. Bayan Wang has covered a lot too and David Kaplan at Bakersfield Now @dkaplankbakkbfx was really aggressive at that press conference I think. Fyi
I’ll definitely check out your link!

With regard to the bolded. Talking with LE everyday is not going to cut it. They can’t talk about what they’re doing. The Chief said a number of times, “I can’t comment.” What these reporters need to do is put THEIR boots on the ground and do some investigative work. This couple left a footprint. They were not invisible with six children. They may not have had a lot of friends but they had to buy groceries. Do store clerks remember them, what do they remember. Local convenience store/gas station. LE are not going to tip their hand. These reporters need to do their own investigation and find some info worthy of reporting. Bakersfield is where they primarily work. There’s got to be something!

JMHO

ETA: Think Lauren Scharf on the Suzanne Morphew case :)

Last edited:
These 3 reporters and 1 more young woman at the beginning are the only real MSM on scene but they have other assignments and CC is far.
The independents/freelancers have been awesome. They have knocked on every door in the neighborhood, asked if people have heard any
hollering for the boys on 12/21 or any time. Checked for cameras.

Most interesting to me is the backyard neighbor with the pool. She is aware of the neighborhood and goings on. She knew the previous owners,
and all about the abandoned house, etc.
So true, so true! I think all the reporting being done has tried staying on top of it but with little info & clues I understand their frustrations too.

I am a fan of the freelance reporters for their passion & dedication!! There is also a gal that lives in the CC neighborhood who is always willing to hop on it at any given moment!

On YT I started watching a diving channel when he first started diving for frisbees lol. One thing led to another & he now has a business as a volunteer dive team recovering missing people/vehicles from bodies of water. It gives families closure & bring faith back to hearts. I hope one day these freelance reporters grow into an outreach for the missing & bring families back together & justice to the missing.

I started from the beginning & stopped at timestamp 1:10. It’s the end of the Chief’s recap as he calls it. I am only quoting HIS words but will “paraphrase” the others talking for the sake of what the question was, ok?

“My name is Jon Walker. I am the chief of police of the California city police department. ..... J O N ... no H.”

“ I can only give you a recap of what we have been doing since 21st of December Ahhh”

“ just to give you a recap, as you all know the 21st of December we got a call to this location about 5:45 PM.”

“Ahhh we were notified that there were two missing children Orrin and Orson both four and three years old. There was an extensive search of the neighborhood ahhh which produced nothing. Ummm we’ve done several interviews since then, we’ve had several agencies involved. We’ve been working nonstop on this thing since 21st of December till today as we still working, we’ve been working around the clock.”

“ we have several agencies involved like I said and we’re doing the best that we can to locate the kids.”

“ that’s all we got at this time. Ummm there are things in the works but.....I can only..... I don’t want to taint ...or ahhh ummm... compromise the agency at this time.”

My first question & I hope someone from CC is in here to answer what they may have observed.
There was an extensive search of the neighborhood ahhh which produced nothing. Ummm we’ve done several interviews since then, we’ve had several agencies involved.

what defines the LE’s definition of an “extensive” search? I have heard several close neighbors claim they were never contacted?

Did they interview the few neighbors directly across the road for the West house?

I started from the beginning & stopped at timestamp 1:10. It’s the end of the Chief’s recap as he calls it. I am only quoting HIS words but will “paraphrase” the others talking for the sake of what the question was, ok?

“My name is Jon Walker. I am the chief of police of the California city police department. ..... J O N ... no H.”

“ I can only give you a recap of what we have been doing since 21st of December Ahhh”

“ just to give you a recap, as you all know the 21st of December we got a call to this location about 5:45 PM.”

Ahhh we were notified that there were two missing children Orrin and Orson both four and three years old. There was an extensive search of the neighborhood ahhh which produced nothing. Ummm we’ve done several interviews since then, we’ve had several agencies involved. We’ve been working nonstop on this thing since 21st of December till today as we still working, we’ve been working around the clock.”

“ we have several agencies involved like I said and we’re doing the best that we can to locate the kids.”

“ that’s all we got at this time. Ummm there are things in the works but.....I can only..... I don’t want to taint ...or ahhh ummm... compromise the agency at this time.”
Awesome. Thank you.

There was an extensive search of the neighborhood ahhh which produced nothing. Ummm we’ve done several interviews since then, we’ve had several agencies involved.

Ummm there are things in the works but.....I can only..... I don’t want to taint ...or ahhh ummm... compromise the agency at this time.”bbm

Pay close attention to the pauses. This is the critical ‘unsaid’. They knew plenty enough to know there was foul play by the time Chief called the press conference. They know what happened. They’re building their case. They just don’t know where the boys are. Yet.

Notice several agencies were involved at the beginning of the PC. Then, with all the hesitations, he switches to the agency. Singular. Not an agency but “the agency.” I think most of know which one.

I would feel a lot better about that siting in Tehachapi if the PI said he had reported it to LE and they were looking into it. Is it possible, yes. But eyewitness reports are notoriously mistaken. I think the case was in the news by 12/23, hard to believe two men are going to casually walk in public with the boys. Hopefully there is video surveillance which can prove or disprove.

IMO, LE has a strong leaning as to what happened to Orson & Orrin.

“It’s been my experience, especially with small children, you always start from the inside out,” Walker said. “You start from where they were seen last. If we feel like we have enough information and enough evidence to expand out, we absolutely will. But at this point, we have no reason to believe that.”
Two California City boys remain missing

*Evidentally, they still don’t believe they need to look any further than the residence.

I would feel a lot better about that siting in Tehachapi if the PI said he had reported it to LE and they were looking into it. Is it possible, yes. But eyewitness reports are notoriously mistaken. I think the case was in the news by 12/23, hard to believe two men are going to casually walk in public with the boys. Hopefully there is video surveillance which can prove or disprove.

IMO, LE has a strong leaning as to what happened to Orson & Orrin.
Agreed. The other thing that makes it questionable is that the woman who spoke to the PI said, “her mother told her she saw they boys.” I do hope though that someone has contacted the store for surveillance video to follow up.
MOO

“It’s been my experience, especially with small children, you always start from the inside out,” Walker said. “You start from where they were seen last. If we feel like we have enough information and enough evidence to expand out, we absolutely will. But at this point, we have no reason to believe that.”
Two California City boys remain missing

*Evidentally, they still don’t believe they need to look any further than the residence.
RBBM
But, what if they were never at that residence? Interesting that the chief responded “I can’t comment on that,” when asked if there was a search going in in Bakersfield.

I can see them staying in the residence if there is proof positive that the boys were ever there, otherwise, the crime scene may be at another “residence.” JMHO

Not sure what happened with my last post, but my post didn’t post o_O! So here’s a copy/paste :). Quoting @imstilla.grandma

RBBM
But, what if they were never at that residence? Interesting that the chief responded “I can’t comment on that,” when asked if there was a search going in in Bakersfield.

I can see them staying in the residence if there is proof positive that the boys were ever there, otherwise, the crime scene may be at another “residence.” JMHO

Awesome. Thank you.

Ummm there are things in the works but.....I can only..... I don’t want to taint ...or ahhh ummm... compromise the agency at this time.”bbm

Pay close attention to the pauses. This is the critical ‘unsaid’. They knew plenty enough to know there was foul play by the time Chief called the press conference. They know what happened. They’re building their case. They just don’t know where the boys are. Yet.

Notice several agencies were involved at the beginning of the PC. Then, with all the hesitations, he switches to the agency. Singular. Not an agency but “the agency.” I think most of know which one.

Ohhhh AWESOME did I do good including the “pauses” then? I really questioned myself on how to transcribe that little part. I (like we all feel IMHO) want to do my part to find them boys.

Thank you for the feedback @imstilla.grandma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member