Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but the house they were referring to was the one they lived in at the time. They said the kids were not allowed on the dirt and they tried to stay inside. They didn't mention whether or not the kids went outside when they lived at their old apartment. Imo

I thought you said that in response to me after I had stated that the neighbors in Bakersfield also said the West kids were not allowed outside and that they could be seen looking out the windows of the apartment. My bad.

Thank you for the link. :)

At 2:17, the reporter says that Walker confirmed that the parents are currently staying in Bakersfield while their other children remain in protective custody.

I find that comforting.

Since it started I have been trying-trying-trying to figure out how it could be anyone other than the parents.
Heck, I gave Barry M the benefit of the doubt for a while even when others pointed out the fakey plea video for her. Soon I had to admit it smelled like a pig.
I never want it to be the parents.
Yet, it is usually them. I will never understand how and why and wth made them turn on precious little children. Look at the sweet eyes on children and the
need for love, and yet we have thousands of cases. I hate it.

I don't understand it either. "Suffer The Little Children" blog is absolutely heartwrenching. The blogger feels it is important for these children's stories to be told. Not hidden or forgotten.

Finally! o_O

According to Walker, the last time the boys were seen by anyone other than the Wests was by their grandmother in Bakersfield. Walker was unable to comment on when that occurred.

Before that, Walker said someone other than family also saw the boys in Bakersfield. Walker was unable to comment on that date as well.
Which Grandmother, Trezell or Jacqueline's Mom? Why give that detail and not the timeline. That's a rhetorical question, I know that. Just frustrated :(

I see this in every missing child thread, I have also been guilty of this myself. When a child is dead or missing and there is public or LE suspicion that the guardian is involved we tend to bring up the term accident and panic

I don't believe it, loving parents do not cover up the death of their child to the extent of discarding their bodies. Nope. What accident can lead to the death of the child that would require a cover up?
You left your drugs around? Well call 911 maybe they can still be saved. You should have common sense to not have harmful drugs around so clearly you are not equipped.
You lost your temper and hit them, well its probably not the first time, and it would require some force, so your intent was to hurt them.

Left in the car, well many parents have gotten off and quite frankly I dont believe half.of them...

All Moo
Sadly, yes if someone hit them it was probably not the first time. :(
There is just no scenario that's believable where the boys disappeared for accidental reasons.
Imo.

I keep pushing the reporters on this where I can. Did she forget to ask or is that one off limits? Keep pushing folks. She certainly was making the ATTEMPT to get answers on last seen by anyone but parents. Could have pressed more on last VERIFIED location and photo IMO. But I saw her trying and I get that these reporters are probably beginners and navigating politics/ access issues etc. My favorite line was when he couldnt confirm there wasnt an arrest expected soon. Also liked how when asked if the investigation had been handed off to BPD or FBI, he specified that Cal PD is in charge of the "Missing person case" -- like maybe BPD has lead on another investigation aka homicide... maybe Im too optimistic about evidence/progress.... JMO
bbm
The bolded ! ^^^

I'll be optimistic along with you.
I'm sure many of us here would agree.
Justice if needed.
Imo.

New speculation/theory: Possibility of 2 youngest getting left in hot car too long? Cal City gets HOT, but the record heat waves that occurred over the summer were a bit before their closing date. Death Valley, only a couple hours drive from Cal City had a couple days that reached 130 degrees in August. This obviously assumes children have been missing prior to the December report date.

If a hot car event did happen, I speculate that the parents may want to hide/cover it up as it does not look good and then could have staged the "missing event" for December as it would remove all speculation toward heat related injuries.

The week of August 23rd had highs that averaged 105 for the entire week in Cal City: https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/california-city/93505/august-weather/2167931?year=2020 - again this was before their September close date but worth thinking about nevertheless.

"Heat stroke is the leading cause of non-crash, vehicle-related deaths in children under 15. Heat stroke happens when the body is not able to cool itself quickly enough." - HealthyChildren.org. Very fascinating read if you have time: Prevent Child Deaths in Hot Cars

Help Prevent Hot Car Deaths

This would explain why the new van has HEAVILY tinted windows.... and perhaps some of the "marching into the van under heavy supervision" behavior we witnessed in the surveillance videos.

The above is pure speculation.

Last edited:
Full 32 minute interview with Bayan Wang and Chief Walker.

California City Police Chief full 30 minute interview

Interesting Points-
  • This is the second time Chief Walker has mentioned the involvement of the Kern County DA (gives me hope an arrest will be made).
  • Has there been any suspect or suspects named in this case so far, Walker says no. Any persons of interest at this point? Walker says of course, Byan asks, who? Walker says, I can't disclose that.
  • Walker says there are two bio kids, two foster kids and two adopted kids (Orrin & Orson). Ranging from age 10-3.

Finally! o_O

According to Walker, the last time the boys were seen by anyone other than the Wests was by their grandmother in Bakersfield. Walker was unable to comment on when that occurred.

Before that, Walker said someone other than family also saw the boys in Bakersfield. Walker was unable to comment on that date as well.
This is good to know! So the last time anyone else saw the boys was when they were in Bakersfield (maybe when they were staying with the grandmother?) But we don't know when.

This is very telling. Now if only we knew what it tells us.

New speculation/theory: Possibility of 2 youngest getting left in hot car too long? Cal City gets HOT, but the record heat waves that occurred over the summer were a bit before their closing date. Death Valley, only a couple hours drive from Cal City had a couple days that reached 130 degrees in August. This obviously assumes children have been missing prior to the December report date.

If a hot car event did happen, I speculate that the parents may want to hide/cover it up as it does not look good and then could have staged the "missing event" for December as it would remove all speculation toward heat related injuries.

The week of August 23rd had highs that averaged 105 for the entire week in Cal City: https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/california-city/93505/august-weather/2167931?year=2020 - again this was before their September close date but worth thinking about nevertheless.

"Heat stroke is the leading cause of non-crash, vehicle-related deaths in children under 15. Heat stroke happens when the body is not able to cool itself quickly enough." - HealthyChildren.org. Very fascinating read if you have time: Prevent Child Deaths in Hot Cars

This would explain why the new van has HEAVILY tinted windows.... and perhaps some of the "marching into the van under heavy supervision" behavior we witnessed in the surveillance videos.

Usually its not a thing you cover up, as it has somehow become a believable accident. However, for sure that would result in their adoption and foster privileges being revoked so could be a reason why.

My assumption is that someone is controlling and wanted the boys to behave a certain way and they wouldn't. I think the kids had some favourable experiences with birth mom and she clearly wanted to be in their lives and that caused some anger in that controlling person. Moo.

This is one theory that might explain two children going missing at the same time. It's very unusual for two siblings to die from abuse or neglect, or to be kidnapped together by an abductor. Imo

Finally! o_O

Until i know more i am even airing on the side of sceptical about this in all honestly.

If they had indeed taken a lie detector and PASSED the AP's would be the first ones to run to the media and let everybody know about it asap!. The fact that they haven't done this tells me that they either refused the lie detector or they failed it.

Last edited:
If they had indeed taken a lie detector and PASSED the AP's would be the first ones to run to the media and let everybody know about it asap!. The fact that they haven't done this tells me that they either refused the lie detector or they failed it.

The thing with the lie detector tests is, you're darned if you do, darned if you don't.
If you're being 100% honest but also incredibly nervous, you can fail.
If you're too nervous to take one, you're immediately painted as having something to hide.
If you take one and pass, you'll be labelled one of those people who's just a good liar.
Or a sociopath. Or both. I think we've seen it all here.
Really, LE should just do away with this procedure, as it doesn't even pass muster for court.

jmo

This is one theory that might explain two children going missing at the same time. It's very unusual for two siblings to die from abuse or neglect, or to be kidnapped together by an abductor. Imo
I just really don’t think this could be it. I feel like if this happened , it was accidental and one of them would of called immediately .
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members