Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(forgot to insert quote -- this is in reply to @Laughing )

Disagree -- those solar panels are almost guaranteed to be grid-intertied, meaning they are connected to the grid and run the meter backwards when it's sunny.

Literal "off-grid" electrical system means no meter, and a battery bank to store the energy. Battery bank requires maintenance and also a careful, electricity-minimized lifestyle, by which I mean: unless they had a huge photovoltaic array (bigger than what I see on the roof), no electric heat, no electric range, no electric water heater.*

Does anyone recall from the zillow tour whether the range was electric or gas?

*based on my personal current and past experience living literally off-grid.

Disagree -- those solar panels are almost guaranteed to be grid-intertied, meaning they are connected to the grid and run the meter backwards when it's sunny.

Literal "off-grid" electrical system means no meter, and a battery bank to store the energy. Battery bank requires maintenance and also a careful, electricity-minimized lifestyle, by which I mean: unless they had a huge photovoltaic array (bigger than what I see on the roof), no electric heat, no electric range, no electric water heater.*

Looks like gas maybe? I’ll attach a pic. It came from the video tour.

Edited By Me: The picture is apparently too large to attach.

Yup!

See I just figured he meant off grid like more privacy , not a lot of people around them? I don’t think he meant it literal ? I could be wrong .

moo
I think he meant privacy, as well. They were in an apartment prior to moving to Cal City, weren’t they? I think he wanted the privacy that a house would provide. Most people would want a house so the kids could enjoy the fresh air and play in the backyard safely. I guess that wasn’t as important to the Wests.

I think he meant privacy, as well. They were in an apartment prior to moving to Cal City, weren’t they? I think he wanted the privacy that a house would provide. Most people would want a house so the kids could enjoy the fresh air and play in the backyard safely. I guess that wasn’t as important to the Wests.
I’m giving them a pass on this one. With six small children, they needed more space, and I’m sure this was off the grid compared to their previous populated location.

amateur opinion and speculation

There is a 13 year old girl named Neveah Freeman who recently went missing from Bakersfield on January 15th. I can't find many details about what happened.

I think I read that as of June 2020, there were 15 children missing from that area, so including Orson and Orrin, that makes 18 kids still missing from Kern County.

Where can the boys be? It's been almost two months, I hope LE makes a statement soon.

This post lands at random.

Please remember that Websleuths rules include the following:
  • Brainstorming theories is encouraged, but must be based on fact. For our purposes, "fact" refers to information published in the mainstream media (MSM) or other acceptable sources, such as academic and professional publications.
  • When you state something as "fact", you must back it up with a link to an approved source.
  • If you can't link it, you can't post it.
If another member asks for a link, please provide one. If you find a link is requested often, it would be useful to add the link to the corresponding Timeline & Media Links -- No Discussion forum thread.
Thank you. I do like your brain storming theory and ‘acceptable sources’ definitions, guidelines and inclusions. Compliance basics we can all review/remember.

Adding to your list: water well (my son bought acreage out in the boondocks -he’s staying with us until he gets his well built -after he puts in a concrete retaining wall) He’s been working to clear the land for two years. Oh yeah, and where’s the outhouse in their backyard? There is no Starbucks or McDonalds. The only buildings in his town are a post office and a one stop gas/food/drink.

upload_2021-2-13_21-31-12.png
https://www.turnto23.com/news/local...rothers-now-displayed-on-billboard-in-oildale

Last edited:
Adding to your list: water well (my son bought acreage out in the boondocks -he’s staying with us until he gets his well built -after he puts in a concrete retaining wall) He’s been working to clear the land for two years. Oh yeah, and where’s the outhouse in their backyard? There is no Starbucks or McDonalds. The only buildings in his town are a post office and a one stop gas/food/drink.

View attachment 284174
https://www.turnto23.com/news/local...rothers-now-displayed-on-billboard-in-oildale
From the link:

The boys biological family told 23ABC News Saturday that they are working to get the boys' photos on two more billboards in the Bakersfield area.

The next billboard is expected to go up near the 58 East and Mount Vernon Avenue over the next week.

From the link:

The boys biological family told 23ABC News Saturday that they are working to get the boys' photos on two more billboards in the Bakersfield area.

The next billboard is expected to go up near the 58 East and Mount Vernon Avenue over the next week.

Bakersfield is a sprawling city. Norris @ 99 is north of Bakersfield in Oildale, the news said the billboard is on the southbound side. Mt. Vernon @ 58 is in East Bakersfield. Maybe they will place one south of Bakersfield where Hwy 99 and Interstate 5 merge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member