Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the money is for a different company since the Lamar Advertising Company is offering digital billboards? IOW a separate billboard company entirely? Sorry, I'm just trying to get it straight.
https://www.turnto23.com/news/local...rothers-now-displayed-on-billboard-in-oildale
Since they said they were working on supplying pictures for two more billboards, I am assuming they are talking about digital billboards? So I would think it's the same company that produced the first one. That would make more sense than using several companies. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Since they said they were working on supplying pictures for two more billboards, I am assuming they are talking about digital billboards? So I would think it's the same company that produced the first one. That would make more sense than using several companies. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I dunno. The $1500 is for the "vinyl" which I took as the material pasted onto a billboard. The article said the advertising company is supplying digital billboards.

Anyway I'm not going to sweat it since in either case the boys' will be highlighted in a big way which might cause someone to come forward with information!

Last edited:
I dunno. The $1500 is for the "vinyl" which I took as the material pasted onto a billboard. The article said the advertising company is supplying digital billboards.

Anyway I'm not going to sweat it since in either case the boys' will be highlighted in a big way which might cause someone to come forward with information!
As far as I know, vinyl is only used for a physical billboard, which is less expensive. The one shown on the news is digital because there are 5 or 6 other adds that keep flashing. It's all done with a computer, and that's about all I know. Imo

As far as I know, vinyl is only used for a physical billboard, which is less expensive. The one shown on the news is digital because there are 5 or 6 other adds that keep flashing. It's all done with a computer, and that's about all I know. Imo
My experience has been that digital is less expensive (and more nimble). Regular billboards are best but digital is good for last minute buys or cost sharing as images rotate. JMO.

It says the Lamar Advertising Company is providing them with free space of their billboards for four weeks. Maybe they are raising the money for when the four weeks are over, or to cover the cost to have them up for a few months.

It does seem a little too soon to pay that far in advance. There is no way to know what evidence LE has found so far. They could be close to making an arrest.

Perhaps the Lamar Advertising company is only providing the space for free, but the family still has to provide the banners/billboards/digital images?, which I assume is pretty expensive. JMO EBM

Perhaps the Lamar Advertising company is only providing the space for free, but the family still has to provide the banners/billboards, which I assume is pretty expensive. JMO
I haven’t checked it out, but I would guess the family paid for the printing of traditional billboard or two and Lamar offered digital for free in other locations
ETA: seems like a lot of wide open spaces, lower income area so probably cheap billboards JMO
I do know that driving down I 95 in the south over the holidays, you would still see some political billboards up. They leave em up till a new buyer comes along. In rural areas, you often get extra time on your billboards in my experience.

Last edited:
Trezell & Jacqueline West & Larry Milette Statements

SPECIAL GUESTS! Forensic Linguist Analyst Steve Johnson, FBI Profiler Greg Cooper, and Cold Case Foundation's Dean Jackson!

Perhaps the Lamar Advertising company is only providing the space for free, but the family still has to provide the banners/billboards/digital images?, which I assume is pretty expensive. JMO EBM
I'm not sure. Lamar Advertising has donated billboards for three other missing people in California. The daughter of Randy Cuddy, who went missing, reached out to them for help. Then she told them about two other families who had missing loved ones. The billboards each included a photo and information about the missing person. There really doesn't have to be much of a design, as long as the pictures are featured and the print is large enough.

I'm assuming they are doing the same thing for Orson and Orrin.
Imo

The pics on her phone doesn’t jive. Because the minute they reported them missing. They would of asked for a pic BEFORE they took the phones. We had no pics in the beginning. So that excuse is just that a excuse. The cop arriving would of asked if they had any pics on phone. It’s quicker to get them out that way. He would of had her text the photos to him. And he would of sent them out. Before they even knew if it was just a case of them wondering or something more. Even if they took the phones the minute they arrived they would of asked the phone to be unlocked for the officer to get photos.

I know this because I’ve been in that situation law enforcement here have even stated that’s the protocol here. Ive heard others interviewed stating the same. So I don’t know. It doesn’t jive with me. I heard in another interview the photos they do have came from adoptive extended family. Who knows. But current pics if there are in could be accessed through the cloud etc even if phones were broke etc.

This is what’s bothered me from the beginning. The sizes of the boys are off according to typical sizes on the growth chart. I mean the physical photos I have of mine are school photos from nov. but I snap a pic some weeks daily. But at the very least I have a digital photo taken within the week . 5 years ago I could understand but in today’s world I don’t get it.

The pics on her phone doesn’t jive. Because the minute they reported them missing. They would of asked for a pic BEFORE they took the phones. We had no pics in the beginning. So that excuse is just that a excuse. The cop arriving would of asked if they had any pics on phone. It’s quicker to get them out that way. He would of had her text the photos to him. And he would of sent them out. Before they even knew if it was just a case of them wondering or something more. Even if they took the phones the minute they arrived they would of asked the phone to be unlocked for the officer to get photos.

I know this because I’ve been in that situation law enforcement here have even stated that’s the protocol here. Ive heard others interviewed stating the same. So I don’t know. It doesn’t jive with me. I heard in another interview the photos they do have came from adoptive extended family. Who knows. But current pics if there are in could be accessed through the cloud etc even if phones were broke etc.

This is what’s bothered me from the beginning. The sizes of the boys are off according to typical sizes on the growth chart. I mean the physical photos I have of mine are school photos from nov. but I snap a pic some weeks daily. But at the very least I have a digital photo taken within the week . 5 years ago I could understand but in today’s world I don’t get it.
Oh my goodness, you are 100% exactly right. They would’ve asked absolutely for recent pictures right from the jump…

Moo!!!

I bet they don’t have any recent pictures at all ... my guess since September Bc I think they have been gone since right before they moved to Ca City.
All I know is that it’s almost been 2 months , those people ( the AP’s ) are sitting and doing Nothing . Nothing . They should be pleading .

Moo

3 hours? Any way we can just skip to the relevant portions with time stamps?
I've only listened to the first hour or so but basically they are pointing out all the things we've discussed on the thread but with more detail.

They talk about how the parents primary concern doesn't seem to be for the boys, they lack empathy and seem to be telling a "story." They point out that they don't express concern for the boys or how they are feeling which is consistent with neglect. They may be emotionally detached from the boys.

When the interviewer asked them to "tell us what happened the night the kids went missing," JW says "from our yard." They wonder why she is so specific and why she is focusing on the yard.

Then they discuss TW and how he switches tenses, provides unnecessary details, and seems to be setting the stage, especially for 'opening the gate.' They believe he did open the gate. They said he can't seem to get the details straight which indicates deception.

They pointed out that his use of the words, "my wife," when referring to JW, suggests a close relationship and that whatever happened, they were in it together.

They talk about his description of how he came to realize the boys were gone. He says he "went in the house, saw them there, went outside, I didn't see them there." He doesn't say "I" went in the house, "I" saw them there. He's not committed to the statement.

They think something may have actually happened inside the house. JW states that they went missing from the yard but there is no real commitment that the boys actually went outside to play. They seem to be trying to persuade people that they are good parents when he says they "never play in the dirt" and they "keep them close." He doesn't say "I" or "we" keep them close.

That's about as far as I got so far and that's only a few highlights. I'm waiting to see if they mention anything about JW saying she definitely, definitely, definitely thinks the boys are in the neighborhood and that someone picked them up.

Imo

I find it rather interesting about the alleged more recent pics on their phones.
Didn't LE have their phones?
If there were more recent pics on their phones, wouldn't LE have copies of those?
If yes, why haven't LE issued the more recent pics?
That part doesn't really make much sense to me.

I suppose if there actually are more recent pics, TW or JW providing them to the bio family is likely never going to happen, since they do not appear to be on the same page, to put it kindly.

jmo
They need to set differences aside for Orrin,and Orson that's who this all about Period. They could provide pics to LE, the media, or post on FB,and the billboard. It's just so petty not to because "the bio family". They don't even have deal directly with the bio family. They can get leo, or child advocate, CPS, anybody to go deal with that. MOO

Trezell & Jacqueline West & Larry Milette Statements
SPECIAL GUESTS! Forensic Linguist Analyst Steve Johnson, FBI Profiler Greg Cooper, and Cold Case Foundation's Dean Jackson!
Why do some have transcripts on YouTube and others don't? That feature is a real time saver if you want to get to the meat of the discussion, without listening to the whole thing.

They need to set differences aside for Orrin,and Orson that's who this all about Period. They could provide pics to LE, the media, or post on FB,and the billboard. It's just so petty not to because "the bio family". They don't even have deal directly with the bio family. They can get leo, or child advocate, CPS, anybody to go deal with that. MOO

We don't disagree, those boys need to come first.
I just don't see it happening.
But I'd love for them to prove me wrong, that's for sure.

LE had possession of their phones, with full access to any pics.
To me, that says there weren't any more recent pics of those boys, on those phones.

jmo

FEB 15, 2021
Biological family of Orrin and Orson West plans to put up two billboards of the boys, three total | KGET 17
[...]

The biological family started a Go Fund Me to raise money for three billboards. One is already up on the south side of Highway 99.

“Not everybody’s on social media and not everybody watches the news, so maybe someone that’s traveling can see it and you might get a tip,” said RW, a cousin of the boys. “You never know who might know something.”

RW says they’ve received donations from all over the world.

[...]

Within a week they raised enough money for two billboards. But they need more than $1,000 to put up a third one.

“Right now we’re able to get two billboards, this one is the digital one, and we have one coming up next week,” Wills said. “It’s going to be on Mount Vernon going East.”

[...]

They’re hoping to put a third billboard near Tehachapi, on the way to California City.

Why do some have transcripts on YouTube and others don't? That feature is a real time saver if you want to get to the meat of the discussion, without listening to the whole thing.

Hi,

Transcribing is very time consuming, i can testify to it haven't done hundreds of them. Accurate transcripts should always include, umm's, er's, stutters etc. These are often (if not always) missed from the text transcribed , (MSM are notorious for it), A missed pronoun, text bridge, temporal lacunae, etc, can have a significant impact if one is to analyse a statement. It has to be a raw and unadulterated statement.

My edit is case in point.

Before edit:

"It has to be raw and unadulterated statement."

After edit:

"It has to be a raw and unadulterated statement."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online