Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE must at least have footage from the store the Wests said they went to. The boys should be seen at the entrance and exit if they were there.

As far as surveillance cameras from neighbors, how long is the video saved? Is it possible to retrieve footage from three or four months ago? I've never had a security camera but I thought I read it only saves recordings for about a week or two.

That all depends if you have a subscription type service or not. I have Ring, and I can access video from 60 days ago. But every system is different.

I honestly don’t think they were, I really really don’t. I’m really really starting to truly believe that something stumped them to where it cornered them and they had to do this false abduction claim. I don’t know if they thought that when the adoption was final that they wouldn’t be checked on? Maybe it was just they could move and nobody would ever miss the boys they thought ? They may have told their family that they gave them back to the state because they couldn’t handle them, I mean who knows.

it’s pretty telling that they’re not really doing searches anymore either that we know of.

This is an all around fail I truly believe from CPS.

moo

I agree with you. I am heartened that more billboards have been put up. I think it's a total of four now ? The more sunshine that is spread on the case, the better.

I agree with you. I am heartened that more billboards have been put up. I think it's a total of four now ? The more sunshine that is spread on the case, the better.
The Lamar Advertising Company donated the huge digital billboard on highway 99 and the bio family is raising money for two more billboards. I haven't seen the one in Mt Vernon yet but it was supposed to go up this week or next week. Where are the others? Is there one in Cal City?

Since there isn’t too much news to discuss...I was thinking about a hypothetical and was curious everyone’s thoughts.

If the parents didn’t give that interview, how would your thoughts about this case change? If everything else was identical.
It is not the interview so much, it is the story of what happened that makes it suspicious.
The story does not make sense. imo.

The Lamar Advertising Company donated the huge digital billboard on highway 99 and the bio family is raising money for two more billboards. I haven't seen the one in Mt Vernon yet but it was supposed to go up this week or next week. Where are the others? Is there one in Cal City?

This interview says the lady paid for 2 billboards out of her pocket in Bakersfield.

Perla Shaheen KGET on Facebook Watch

FEB 19, 2021
Protesters gather outside Human Services building for missing Cal City toddlers | KGET 17
Protesters gathered outside the Department of Human Services building in a rally to continue raising awareness of 4-year-old Orrin and 3-year-old Orson West, whose birth names were Cincere and Classic.

[...]

The brothers’ biological family has accused the Department of being responsible for their disappearance because the children weren’t returned to their mother, Ryan Dean.

[...]

Wills believes the foster and adoptive system need reform and that the boys’ disappearance is one example. She said the international attention captured by the case could help families in the future if changes are made.

[...]

FEB 19, 2021
Protesters gather outside Human Services building for missing Cal City toddlers | KGET 17
Protesters gathered outside the Department of Human Services building in a rally to continue raising awareness of 4-year-old Orrin and 3-year-old Orson West, whose birth names were Cincere and Classic.

[...]

The brothers’ biological family has accused the Department of being responsible for their disappearance because the children weren’t returned to their mother, Ryan Dean.

[...]

Wills believes the foster and adoptive system need reform and that the boys’ disappearance is one example. She said the international attention captured by the case could help families in the future if changes are made.

[...]

This. Adoption Assistance is the problem. Kids should be given to folks who want children, not people who want a check.

I have often not understood why so many people spend $1,000's of dollars to adopt outside of our country, when we have so many children available for adoption here.

This. Adoption Assistance is the problem. Kids should be given to folks who want children, not people who want a check.

I have often not understood why so many people spend $1,000's of dollars to adopt outside of our country, when we have so many children available for adoption here.

I think it is multiple reasons people adopt outside the US. One being that adopters may prefer an infant. It easier to bond with an infant. I think it is safe to say that older foster children are likely to have issues. with the minimum requirement for removal is neglect or abuse. I don't know that CPS in any state offers regular treatment for either but love and a safe place is not going to erase the trauma of being neglected or abused and separated from your family.

The other reason I think people choose to adopt outside the US, is they are not able to satisfy the requirements for adoption in the US for whatever reason. You need more than money to be deemed a candidate for adoption. I do admit there have been some obvious failings in that assessment in the US.

RSBM

Due to TOS about sleuthing family it's impossible really, to address this accusation.

At the end of the day, I have no doubt there are documented, factual, legit reasons these boys were removed from one home, and placed in another. It would be really easy to start playing the Blame Game to determine who was initially at fault for the boys ending up where they did (before they went missing), but is that actually bringing more awareness to the fact that they went missing? IMO, no, it's drawing attention to those constantly in the media.

This has sadly turned into a circus. jmo

RSBM

Due to TOS about sleuthing family it's impossible really, to address this accusation.

At the end of the day, I have no doubt there are documented, factual, legit reasons these boys were removed from one home, and placed in another. It would be really easy to start playing the Blame Game to determine who was initially at fault for the boys ending up where they did (before they went missing), but is that actually bringing more awareness to the fact that they went missing? IMO, no, it's drawing attention to those constantly in the media.

This has sadly turned into a circus. jmo

I think that the bio family has done some great things to bring awareness to this case. The billboards, for instance. The interviews with bio family members. The pictures and remembrances of the babies.

There may indeed be problems with Kern County CPS. I did see a news clip of protesters several years ago. I personally believe lots of mistakes are made within the whole system. I don't have any solutions either.

The billboards are very expensive. It is being stated who paid for the billboards because most of news reports state how the money was raised.

If the billboards popped up, wouldn't most people be asking who paid for the billboards ? Even if it was an anonymous donor, I would think the news would report, "An anonymous donor put up these billboards."

The billboards are very expensive. It is being stated who paid for the billboards because most of news reports state how the money was raised.

If the billboards popped up, wouldn't most people be asking who paid for the billboards ? Even if it was an anonymous donor, I would think the news would report, "An anonymous donor put up these billboards."

I can't speak for most people but I couldn't care less who paid for them.
I'd rather hear what LE is doing to find these boys.
And just as important, arrest the person(s) that disappeared them.

jmo

I guess? I honestly don't see why it's relevant. What's important is finding these boys.

Returning to the scene of the crime.

"They were playing with chalk, I came into the house, I saw them there," West said. "I went into the house, I came back out, I didn't see there."

"I realized that I left the gate open, and I panicked, came inside the house, searched the house, me and my wife Once that didn't pan out, I got in the van, I looked down the street, in both directions, it was getting dark, getting cold, I got in the van and I hit a bunch of corners," West said.
Search continues for missing boys in California City

The Chief’s update on the West boys:

“My name is Jon Walker. I am the chief of police of the California city police department. ..... J O N ... no H.”

“ I can only give you a recap of what we have been doing since 21st of December Ahhh”

“ just to give you a recap, as you all know the 21st of December we got a call to this location about 5:45 PM.”

“Ahhh we were notified that there were two missing children Orrin and Orson both four and three years old. There was an extensive search of the neighborhood ahhh which produced nothing. Ummm we’ve done several interviews since then, we’ve had several agencies involved. We’ve been working nonstop on this thing since 21st of December till today as we still working, we’ve been working around the clock.”

“ we have several agencies involved like I said and we’re doing the best that we can to locate the kids.”

“ that’s all we got at this time. Ummm there are things in the works but.....I can only..... I don’t want to taint ...or ahhh ummm... compromise the agency at this time.”
Transcription compliments of @Bbybluz thank you.
*eta: @MsBetsy was this the one you referred to^
*eta: back to TW. Reread. Believe every word he says unless he contradicts himself. Where are the boys?

Last edited:
I was reading about how many children, and people just "dissappear" every year...no arrests. Life goes on...Missing Children Statistics: How Many Children Are Missing?
Yes, my heart breaks for little Mildred Old Crow. It’s pathetic ! What happened to her. Disgusting. No freaking excuse whatsoever. If agencies and people would learn Communication 101 - we wouldn’t have so many missing neglected murdered children. Black White Red Yellow Brown - all children.

Returning to the scene of the crime.

"They were playing with chalk, I came into the house, I saw them there," West said. "I went into the house, I came back out, I didn't see there."

"I realized that I left the gate open, and I panicked, came inside the house, searched the house, me and my wife Once that didn't pan out, I got in the van, I looked down the street, in both directions, it was getting dark, getting cold, I got in the van and I hit a bunch of corners," West said.
Search continues for missing boys in California City

The Chief’s update on the West boys:

“My name is Jon Walker. I am the chief of police of the California city police department. ..... J O N ... no H.”

“ I can only give you a recap of what we have been doing since 21st of December Ahhh”

“ just to give you a recap, as you all know the 21st of December we got a call to this location about 5:45 PM.”

“Ahhh we were notified that there were two missing children Orrin and Orson both four and three years old. There was an extensive search of the neighborhood ahhh which produced nothing. Ummm we’ve done several interviews since then, we’ve had several agencies involved. We’ve been working nonstop on this thing since 21st of December till today as we still working, we’ve been working around the clock.”

“ we have several agencies involved like I said and we’re doing the best that we can to locate the kids.”

“ that’s all we got at this time. Ummm there are things in the works but.....I can only..... I don’t want to taint ...or ahhh ummm... compromise the agency at this time.”
Transcription compliments of @Bbybluz thank you.
*eta: @MsBetsy was this the one you referred to^
It's not the one I was thinking of where he talked about circumstantial evidence. It was either the first interview with the woman (Perla?) or the first one with Bayan. The reporter was asking general questions about evidence and whether there was a lot of circumstantial evidence in this case and Chief Walker indicated that there was. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member