Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak for most people but I couldn't care less who paid for them.
I'd rather hear what LE is doing to find these boys.
And just as important, arrest the person(s) that disappeared them.

jmo

I guess? I honestly don't see why it's relevant. What's important is finding these boys.

I wasn't the one who reported who paid for the billboards. The media reported it. I guess you could let them know you feel it's not relevant. I just think the billboards are a great idea and could be helpful in finding the boys.

DBM Duplicate

Last edited:
Mods, are we allowed to discuss newest video by AV Watchmen? I don't know how to reach a mod directly. Sorry

The only AV News Crew video we have previously allowed is the one with the neighbour's surveillance video.

We're going to pass on AVW's recent phone interview. We have no idea who the host is actually speaking with (no name, no visual), and the audio is terrible. I couldn't hear most of what the woman was saying and it seemed to me that the woman who was speaking so hesitantly at first with all the long pauses and terrible audio, somehow morphed into a woman who was speaking very quickly and confidently, and IMO did not sound like the same person at all.

FEB 20, 2021
Community demands changes in child welfare system as search for missing Cal City toddlers continues (turnto23.com)
On Friday the search for answers regarding the disappearance of two boys in California City continued. Several community members gathered in Bakersfield for a march demanding changes to the child welfare system.

[...]

A representative from the Department of Human Services responded to Friday's march saying: "The Department of Human Services cares about children and families and we join the community in wishing for the safe return of the missing children."

[...]

The only AV News Crew video we have previously allowed is the one with the neighbour's surveillance video.

We're going to pass on AVW's recent phone interview. We have no idea who the host is actually speaking with (no name, no visual), and the audio is terrible. I couldn't hear most of what the woman was saying and it seemed to me that the woman who was speaking so hesitantly at first with all the long pauses and terrible audio, somehow morphed into a woman who was speaking very quickly and confidently, and IMO did not sound like the same person at all.
Thank you. I've seen it posted everywhere but passed on even listening. Something that potentially important needs to be given to LE and fully investigated. I'm growing weary of the nonsense and drama swirling around this case.

Thank you and I agree with everything you said. I'm happy I checked before posting it.

Thank you. I've seen it posted everywhere but passed on even listening. Something that potentially important needs to be given to LE and fully investigated. I'm growing weary of the nonsense and drama swirling around this case.

I agree 100% and because there was hesitation on the woman's part about turning it over to the authorities, I sent it myself to CCPD and FBI.

When the family home was vandalized with a vinyl banner nailed to the property, and the window broken by "concerned citizens", I was already weary of the nonsense and drama, and that was 2 months ago.

jmo

When the family home was vandalized with a vinyl banner nailed to the property, and the window broken by "concerned citizens", I was already weary of the nonsense and drama, and that was 2 months ago.

jmo

100% facts! I don't know what it is about this case that has caused this craziness. Obviously all cases are different, but why are people reacting so dramatically different than in other cases? And its not just the vigilante-ness either, even the Chief of police speaking pretty openly not only in press conferences but also with youtubers is odd (however, I'm not complaining)... this whole case is odd... anyone have speculation on this?

100% facts! I don't know what it is about this case that has caused this craziness. Obviously all cases are different, but why are people reacting so dramatically different than in other cases? And its not just the vigilante-ness either, even the Chief of police speaking pretty openly not only in press conferences but also with youtubers is odd (however, I'm not complaining)... this whole case is odd... anyone have speculation on this?

This is just one of those cases that captures everyone's attention. Dunno why.

My take is as society we've had enough about harm being done to children, mixed with them being black, gone through foster care and adoption to end up missing from the house of the people that were in charge of keeping them safe, at the bare minimum.
The only fact we have is that they're missing, and they went missing after they got adopted so that part of the story stands.

Who wouldn't empathise with a situation like this, is a better question in my opinion.

I agree with folks above. I think having child victims is a huge factor. Especially when the story doesn’t make sense.

The community response reminded me of Maliyah Bass. In fact very early on there was basically the same headline in both cases about tensions rising in the community.
Family of missing 2-year-old meets with Quanell X, seeks answers

Of course a big difference is that Maliyah’s body was found really quickly (about 24 hrs after reported missing). About six weeks later arrests were made.

I definitely agree this attention is very different than Natalie Holloway or the missing Vallow kids. There is a lot less national media attention. We don’t see any msm following these parents asking where the kids are like we saw with Lori Vallow. It’s just you tubers at this point.

I have wondered why Natalee Holliway's disappearance captured everyone's attention too. Lots of media coverage probably helped. But have O&O got that amount of coverage?
I think one reason why there is not much media coverage at this point is because there has been no new information since the first couple of weeks. In their last update LE stated there is still no physical evidence that a crime occurred.

When Dulce Alavez was abducted there was a lot of media attention at first. The only reason it continued was because her mom kept her story alive by doing several interviews and organizing searches even months after she vanished. Imo

The media only report when something's happening. They're not really going to publish many articles that say 'we have nothing to say right now'. There would have to be something new - a statement from police, an arrest, a new vigil, a new public appeal by the family that gets picked up on, something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~