Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she was searching inside the house. Under beds, in closets...whatever.
According to TW in their 12/23/20 media interview, he said JW was inside the home wrapping Christmas presents and they thought it was a good idea to have the boys go outside so they wouldn’t see the gifts (paraphrased). I would assume if she were wrapping gifts behind closed door in the house, no reason for 2 little boys to be sent out into the cold night since TW would be able to watch them inside to make sure they didn’t disturb her while wrapping presents, so IMO, JW would have seen the boys come in from the outside.
Also iirc, they had those double slider type doors leading to the back patio. I have those type of doors going out to my back deck, they are very heavy and the latch to open and close is way above the heads/out of reach of my 3 & almost 5 year old Grandchildren. They need lots of assistance both opening and closing the doors when going in and out.

With all that said, JW apparently knew they weren’t in the house as TW said when he went back inside after realizing the boys were gone and that he’d left the back gate open, he said he went back inside, asked my wife, you seen the boys, she says no they’re outside playing with Chalk, and said he went right back outside started searching....

JW knew those boys weren’t inside that house, IMO.

Last edited:
From article:
The Bakersfield Police Department is asking for anyone who had contact with Orrin and Orson West within the past year, regardless of the context, to contact them via Secret Witness at 661 322-4040.

BBM

that is chilling. And may explain why the pictures are so apparently out of date.

According to TW in their 12/23/20 media interview, he said JW was inside the home wrapping Christmas presents and they thought it was a good idea to have the boys go outside so they wouldn’t see the gifts (paraphrased). I would assume if she were wrapping gifts behind closed door in the house, no reason for 2 little boys to be sent out into the cold night since TW would be able to watch them inside to make sure they didn’t disturb her while wrapping presents, so IMO, JW would have seen the boys come in from the outside.
Also iirc. they had those double slider type doors leading to the back patio. I have those type of doors going out to my back deck, they are very heavy and the latch to open and close is way above their heads/out of reach of my 3 & almost 5 year old Grandchildren. They need lots of assistance opening and closing when going in and out those doors.

At any rate, JW apparently knew they weren’t in the house as TW said when he went back inside after realizing the boys were gone and that he’d left the back gate open, he said he went back inside, asked my wife, you seen the boys, she says no they’re outside playing with Chalk, and said he went right back outside started searching.

JW knew those boys weren’t in the house, IMO.
I agree with you. I find it all a little worrisome. I just know what I did when my great niece went missing. I tore the house apart while my son searched outside. He found her under our porch, thank God. And also, even if she did search inside and didnt find them, I would think her next thought would be to run outside and search the yard. She didn't. So it's all just odd to me.

From article:
The Bakersfield Police Department is asking for anyone who had contact with Orrin and Orson West within the past year, regardless of the context, to contact them via Secret Witness at 661 322-4040.

BBM
Thanks @MoeInVA.
Wow. This is an extremely significant development.

IMHO

Where are the boys?

Last edited:
From article:

BBM

Looks like LE wants proof of life going back 12 months, not just back to Dec 2020. Very sad and alarming for these toddler brothers. IMO

Hmm, an interesting development. To abruptly shift focus and the lead investigative agency from CC to Bakersfield implies that LE has strong evidence that places the boys' last known whereabouts there and not CC. I suppose the shift could be because Bakersfield has more LEOs to devote to the case but the timing is a bit odd for that.

"Historical nexus" comes directly from BPD. For now my money is on the investigation leading LE back to Bakersfield. IMO they're getting very close to discovering what happened.

The primary or lead agency is responsible for investigative strategies, obtaining information, resource allocation and fact compiling. Due to facts now known to investigators, and the circumstances surrounding the disappearance, the City of Bakersfield is a historical nexus to the children.​

So it looks like they suspect those boys never made it to California City and perhaps have been missing for a very long time. So does that mean the grandmother lied as to when they were last seen? Does that mean the other children did as well and were coached as to what to say?
I thought we didnt know when the grandmother said she last saw the boys. Did I miss an update?

Wow, they really want every piece of information anyone may have, even if you think it's not relevant because it's old information. It also says (BBM):

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts, circumstances, or history of the little boys is encouraged to share that information with law enforcement by utilizing the Secret Witness tip-line at 661 322-4040.

Bakersfield Police Dept. takes lead on missing West brother's case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member