Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family has issued statements and so forth. Why didn't they take the other children I wonder?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Grandma West said in her statement that she made the decision to give the kids to the FBI.

The FBI released a statement shortly after that stating they don't accept children or something like that.

Grandma West said in her statement that she made the decision to give the kids to the FBI.

The FBI released a statement shortly after that stating they don't accept children or something like that.
BBM. What? Totally inconsistent with their effusive statement about the concern for the boys. What is up with this family?!

It's an imperfect system.

I'm thinking about 8yr old Taryn Summer (Idaho) recently found dead inside a black trash bag on the floor of her grandmother's vehicle. Grandmother reporter her as a runaway. After TS removed from her mother, she was first in the care of Pastor Hughes and his wife (foster family) before CPS placed her with family -- her grandmother. Grandmother now facing charges related to her death.

In the West case - I believe all the family under suspicion and best to keep the children in foster care. MOO

Emmett community comes together to hold vigil for Taryn Summers - East Idaho News

Yes...
BBM. What? Totally inconsistent with their effusive statement about the concern for the boys. What is up with this family?!

What in the world would the FBI do with the children???

PLEASE HELP RETURN MY BABIES — A GRANDMOTHERS PLEA

Less than 18 hours after their disappearance we made the heart wrenching choice to place their four brothers (my other babies) in the hands of the FBI for their protection.

I'm looking for a link to the FBI response. That commercial where the lady says "That's not how it works" would be appropriate !

Article from Bakersfield.com:
Blog post: Adoptive grandmother of missing California City toddlers pleads for help | News | bakersfield.com

The FBI clarified that it does not take children into custody, according to a spokesperson. Child Protective Services, as a policy, does not comment on specific cases they may or may not be involved with.

Last edited:
PLEASE HELP RETURN MY BABIES — A GRANDMOTHERS PLEA

Less than 18 hours after their disappearance we made the heart wrenching choice to place their four brothers (my other babies) in the hands of the FBI for their protection.

I'm looking for a link to the FBI response. That commercial where the lady says "That's not how it works" would be appropriate !

Article from Bakersfield.com:
Blog post: Adoptive grandmother of missing California City toddlers pleads for help | News | bakersfield.com

The FBI clarified that it does not take children into custody, according to a spokesperson. Child Protective Services, as a policy, does not comment on specific cases they may or may not be involved with.
Thank you for pulling this back up.
All I can do is SMH....
Do they really think they can get one over on the FBI and LE? I think not.

amateur opinion and speculation

Thank you for pulling this back up.
All I can do is SMH....
Do they really think they can get one over on the FBI and LE? I think not.

amateur opinion and speculation

Apparently so. But the FBI said not today ! I literally laughed out loud when they made that statement. They were not going to let her lie on them.

Earlier today I made the post quoted below about not recalling where the parents (or the grandmother as alleged here) were ever cited about seeking to surrender the children to emergency child services for their protection.

To be clear, this does occur (parents request) to surrender kids to LE and/or an agency for emergency protection until the court can take custody of the children and order them placed with child services-- in situations of true abductions and/or where parents (or grandparents) fear for the welfare of the children in their home for circumstances beyond their control-- and usually where the parents are not under suspicion.

While I think it's possible the grandmother could have requested FBI or LE assistance to transfer the children to child services, less than 18 hours after the siblings reported missing, I also think it's more likely the grandmother heard about how it works under true abductions, and three months later is retelling the story-- except FBI failed to corroborate her version of events. MOO

CPS is responsible to investigate any circumstance that potentially poses a risk or a danger to a child. If CPS is convinced there is an ongoing risk of harm, they can remove your child from your home. IMO, CPS determined there was an ongoing risk for the children of JW/TW to remain unsupervised with the children and they were removed.

As far as I know, I don't believe that JW/TW ever requested CPS take custody of their children because they were worried for their safety and welfare after siblings Orin and Orson were abducted from the backyard -- as they alleged to police.

I don't ever recall the parents expressing concern that the children could have been abducted as a warning or for revenge against them for some prior bad deed. Nope -- I can't recall the parents feeling responsible here at all! :eek:

Last edited:
Earlier today I made the post quoted below about not recalling where the parents (or the grandmother as alleged here) were ever cited about seeking to surrender the children to emergency child services for their protection.

To be clear, this does occur (parents request) to surrender kids to LE and/or an agency for emergency protection until the court can take custody of the children and order them placed with child services-- in situations of true abductions and/or where parents (or grandparents) fear for the welfare of the children in their home for circumstances beyond their control-- and usually where the parents are not under suspicion.

While I think it's possible the grandmother could have requested FBI or LE assistance to transfer the children to child services less than 18 hours after the siblings reported missing, I also think it's more likely the grandmother heard about how it works under true abductions, and three months later is retelling the story-- except FBI failed to corroborate her version of events. MOO

I wholeheartedly agree with you that she found out she could use that information to spin that story. Thank goodness the FBI wasn't going along with it. I believe that Cal City Chief also stated the kids were picked up from a relative and put in protective custody. He could have said the family asked them to take the other kids for their safety but he didn't.

Let's add to this fake story (IMO) about who had the 4 kids when they were picked up. Was it Grandma West or Grandma Vazquez ? Chief said only one Grandma had seen the kids recently. In the same statement, the family claims that they had not seen each other due to Covid in over a year. So which is it ? Grandma West, who has not seen the children in over a year, handed them over to the FBI ?

The family has issued statements and so forth. Why didn't they take the other children I wonder?

I suspect in this case it is because inconsistencies in everyone's stories made placement with the grandparents questionable.
However, even for an emergency kinship care placement they will make sure the house is safe and appropriate for kids. Each county has rules about what is required for beds and bedrooms and total people based on the size of the home. Depending on how many bedrooms are in the grandparents' home, who already lives there, and the ages of the people in the home and the boys going into care they may not have had the space to meet Kern County's rules.

No one is ruled out yet right? As far as we know ... so they aren’t going to place those children with TW and JW’s family because police have not determined where these boys are , and who is responsible for their disappearance. I said it along time ago I got a strange feeling about these public statements. Sometimes it’s better not to say too much publicly IMO .

I wholeheartedly agree with you that she found out she could use that information to spin that story. Thank goodness the FBI wasn't going along with it. I believe that Cal City Chief also stated the kids were picked up from a relative and put in protective custody. He could have said the family asked them to take the other kids for their safety but he didn't.

Let's add to this fake story (IMO) about who had the 4 kids when they were picked up. Was it Grandma West or Grandma Vazquez ? Chief said only one Grandma had seen the kids recently. In the same statement, the family claims that they had not seen each other due to Covid in over a year. So which is it ? Grandma West, who has not seen the children in over a year, handed them over to the FBI ?
You make great points !!!!

Many cases are making progress- Barry Morphew arrested and charged with Suzanne's murder. Dinkins was finally charged with murdering Breasia Terrell.
I expect to see something break in this case soon too :)

Many cases are making progress- Barry Morphew arrested and charged with Suzanne's murder. Dinkins was finally charged with murdering Breasia Terrell.
I expect to see something break in this case soon too :)

About stinking time. Of course we've all been saying that about many cases.
Waiting for justice for these kids is so hard :(

Just bringing these little bitty rambunctious guys & their sad eyes back to the top!

Orson & Orrin, we're pulling for you!

ETA: Orson's actual name, and I am one who remembers Orson Bean!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member