Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all someone would have had to do is leave their phone at home, take the boys in a car that doesn't have a navigation system somewhere rural, and they likely wouldn't be found. LE might have no trail to follow. I'm sure they wish there was forensic evidence of what happened.
It really takes selfishness and darkness to cover up what happened to two vulnerable small boys. :( All IMO.
BBM, for focused reply. Oh, but I believe they do. It's referred to as a "money trail". IMO, this should be the focus of the investigation. The disappearance of the children seemed to coincidentally transpire right around the same time a home was being purchased. Odd coincidence...

Amateur opinion and speculation

BBM, for focused reply. Oh, but I believe they do. It's referred to as a "money trail". IMO, this should be the focus of the investigation. The disappearance of the children seemed to coincidentally transpire right around the same time a home was being purchased. Odd coincidence...

So, you're speculating they sold/traded/used the boys somehow to buy the house in Cal City?

So, you're speculating they sold/traded/used the boys somehow to buy the house in Cal City?
Simply pointing out that the disappearance of the children coincided with a major event; a home purchase. I would want to rule out any correlation between that event and the disappearance of the children.

In general, I would be interested in their financials since the stipends from the state seemed (?) to be the major source of income for them, although I don't have all the info. Perhaps there were other sources of income that haven't been mentioned.

We have no indication from LE that the AP were involved in nefarious activity related to the disappearance of the boys. I'm just rock tumbling the idea of them disappearing around the time of the home purchase and whether (and what) any correlation could be. Seems worthy of a few thought cycles, but nothing so far, but i keep wondering if there were anyone working on the home who had access to the children over a period of time....that sort of pondering. Hopefully, all those boxes were checked off long ago?

Last edited:
I was just watching Duty Ron and was shocked to hear that remains were found !

Simply pointing out that the disappearance of the children coincided with a major event; a home purchase. I would want to rule out any correlation between that event and the disappearance of the children.

In general, I would be interested in their financials since the stipends from the state seemed (?) to be the major source of income for them, although I don't have all the info. Perhaps there were other sources of income that haven't been mentioned.

We have no indication from LE that the AP were involved in nefarious activity related to the disappearance of the boys. I'm just rock tumbling the idea of them disappearing around the time of the home purchase and whether (and what) any correlation could be. Seems worthy of a few thought cycles, but nothing so far, but i keep wondering if there were anyone working on the home who had access to the children over a period of time....that sort of pondering. Hopefully, all those boxes were checked off long ago?

Have you ever heard of the USDA Rural Development mortgage ? It is specifically for low income individuals to help them purchase a home they would not normally be able to afford. They accept non-traditional income as long as you can prove you have received it for 2 years. You also need a minimum middle fico of 620. So for income, you could use your disability payments, VA payments, etc. Also, the apartment that they used to live at accepted Section 8. USDA RD will allow Section 8 to pay for your mortgage as if it was your rent. So, low income, non-traditional income source, Section 8 can all assist with owning a home someone would otherwise never qualify for with a traditional mortgage. The other stipulation is that you live in one of the USDA rural areas. Their home in California City is in a USDA rural area.

The only thing I don't understand is how they are continuing to keep the home if they do not live there. Because you cannot get Section 8 money for a place you don't live at. Nor can you be part of the USDA RD program if you don't live at the home.

Have you ever heard of the USDA Rural Development mortgage ? It is specifically for low income individuals to help them purchase a home they would not normally be able to afford. They accept non-traditional income as long as you can prove you have received it for 2 years. You also need a minimum middle fico of 620. So for income, you could use your disability payments, VA payments, etc. Also, the apartment that they used to live at accepted Section 8. USDA RD will allow Section 8 to pay for your mortgage as if it was your rent. So, low income, non-traditional income source, Section 8 can all assist with owning a home someone would otherwise never qualify for with a traditional mortgage. The other stipulation is that you live in one of the USDA rural areas. Their home in California City is in a USDA rural area.

The only thing I don't understand is how they are continuing to keep the home if they do not live there. Because you cannot get Section 8 money for a place you don't live at. Nor can you be part of the USDA RD program if you don't live at the home.
Wow...this is all new info to me. Thank you!

Did Duty Ron have any more info on the remains? Where, when, any updates etc?

Last I saw the attorney for the bio father said he thought remains were found around early November near to the Cal City home- but it was pretty vague. One would think that law enforcement would have had an answer by now if they were a match. I’d love for Bakersfield PD to provide an update on whether they are currently awaiting results on remains or not.

Did Duty Ron have any more info on the remains? Where, when, any updates etc?

Last I saw the attorney for the bio father said he thought remains were found around early November near to the Cal City home- but it was pretty vague. One would think that law enforcement would have had an answer by now if they were a match. I’d love for Bakersfield PD to provide an update on whether they are currently awaiting results on remains or not.

He posted a video that had a clip from the attorney. I never saw it and I almost never get notifications from here. I hadn't seen it in my fb groups either. So that's why I came here once I heard it.

Well I can tell you the taxes are current, whatever that's worth.

I guess that I don't understand this case at all.

Not to derail this thread, I recently saw a case of a missing child, and the caregiver has been charged, even though no body has been found. I couldn't find the article to post...but, wow, there are a lot of articles about children who are missing or abused!

Anyway, it seems like the police have collected a substantial amount of evidence in the last year that at the very least would be sufficient for charges. Neglect? Isn't losing two children sufficient for this? At the very least?

Interesting! The media used the term girlfriend. MEdia has not found a legal relationship between these two people.

No court formally awarded physical or legal custody of Ms. Hernandez to Mr. Jimenez, no contractual relationship seems to be in place.

A court formally awarded physical & legal custody of Orrin & Orsen to the Wests, right?

Interesting, as we've said for way too long.

Prayers & good Karma for the 4 rambunctious boys who remain in the care, custody, and control of the State of California.

jmho ymmv lrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member