Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.kget.com/news/californi...YtonXTmS6QzsagACA0oheRDYAKTdyYZCBUfHb7kHAR9W0

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) — It’s been 13 months since brothers Orson and Orrin West disappeared in California City.

Reported missing by their adoptive parents on Dec. 21, 2020, the two haven’t been found despite a massive search involving multiple agencies. Orson was 3 and Orrin 4 at the time they went missing.

Bakersfield police are the lead investigating agency. California City police and the FBI have also been involved.

The boys’ adoptive father, Trezell West, said the children were playing outside as he gathered firewood. He said he briefly went inside the house, and when he came back out the boys were gone.

The boys’ biological father, Charles Pettus, has filed a lawsuit against Kern County alleging officials were negligent in taking the boys from their birth parents and placing them in the custody of the West family. A hearing on the suit is scheduled April 4.

Anyone with information regarding their disappearance is asked to call the BPD at 661-327-7111, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST or Kern Secret Witness at 661-322-4040.

CPS has a difficult job but this is a case where I think a lawsuit is completely warranted-those 2 f’ing weirdos should never have been able to raise kids and honestly the bio kids should have been taken away long ago too-just the fact that they never let their kids go out and play-RED FLAG

The biological father and grandmother of missing California City boys, Orson and Orrin West, filed a complaint in Kern County Superior Court, alleging Kern County and Kern County Child Protective Services negligently placed the boys into the custody of their adoptive parents.

A summons is listed under the Kern County Board of Supervisors' Tuesday agenda, which notes the filing has been referred to the county counsel’s office. The county has 30 days to respond to the complaint, which demands a jury trial.

The plaintiffs in the complaint include Charles Pettus, the biological father of the Orson, 3 and Orrin, 4, and Brenda Pettus, the biological grandmother of the boys. The complaint seeks compensatory and punitive damages and alleges that the “negligent hiring, training and supervision,” by the defendants caused “irreparable and severe emotional distress,” which will affect the family forever.

“It’s just a tremendously tragic situation,” according to Antonio Castillo, the attorney for the plaintiffs. “Obviously, a lot of things went wrong over a long period of time.”
Biological family of missing Cal City boys file complaint against Kern County

Taxes and insurance can be rolled into the mortgage.
Of course they can, but if the mortgage isn't being paid neither will the taxes. So I guess I don't understand your point?

The biological father and grandmother of missing California City boys, Orson and Orrin West, filed a complaint in Kern County Superior Court, alleging Kern County and Kern County Child Protective Services negligently placed the boys into the custody of their adoptive parents.

A summons is listed under the Kern County Board of Supervisors' Tuesday agenda, which notes the filing has been referred to the county counsel’s office. The county has 30 days to respond to the complaint, which demands a jury trial.

The plaintiffs in the complaint include Charles Pettus, the biological father of the Orson, 3 and Orrin, 4, and Brenda Pettus, the biological grandmother of the boys. The complaint seeks compensatory and punitive damages and alleges that the “negligent hiring, training and supervision,” by the defendants caused “irreparable and severe emotional distress,” which will affect the family forever.

“It’s just a tremendously tragic situation,” according to Antonio Castillo, the attorney for the plaintiffs. “Obviously, a lot of things went wrong over a long period of time.”
Biological family of missing Cal City boys file complaint against Kern County

Normally, I would find this type of lawsuit inappropriate. Children are not permanently removed from stable families. However, in this case, I believe that there were significant flaws in the entire process. A full, completely open and transparent review is merited.

That being said, it will more than likely not happen. I will guess that some sort of offer will be made, and more than likely, accepted, with a seal on the details. Although, if public money is used for the settlement, all details "should" be public.

The "Nubia Barahona" case in Florida is just as ugly, and the case has still not gone to trial, in over a decade, with 1,000's of pages of evidence. My personal belief is that the state doesn't want the trial at all.

And, I don't think that there is much interest by officials to unpack, and make public, the issues in the case of these missing boys either. As evidenced by the fact that no one has even been charged with child neglect here. Nothing, in over a year?

Last edited:

I really don't like the way Sgt. Pair is shirking responsibility in this statement.

He refers to Bakersfield PD's role as "assisting".

I hope that is because the FBI is really 100% all-in leading every aspect of the case full-time with lots of staff --- and that it is NOT because the case has gone cold and Bakersfield doesn't want to bear responsibility for it.

I really don't like the way Sgt. Pair is shirking responsibility in this statement.

He refers to Bakersfield PD's role as "assisting".

I hope that is because the FBI is really 100% all-in leading every aspect of the case full-time with lots of staff --- and that it is NOT because the case has gone cold and Bakersfield doesn't want to bear responsibility for it.
On the outside looking in, it appears zero is happening.
IWT that financial forensics would have told us by now whether the AP's were involved in nefarious activity, unless they are masterminds of coverup. They certainly don't appear to be so, but who knows.

How do 2 little guys evaporate in to thin air without any sort of a trail?

Amateur opinion and speculation

It boggles the mind that there isn’t a single charge they can use to haul the two in and put some pressure on them.

The other boys went back into the system that helped their brothers disappear and the adopters walked away from the house and never looked back.

It boggles the mind that there isn’t a single charge they can use to haul the two in and put some pressure on them.

The other boys went back into the system that helped their brothers disappear and the adopters walked away from the house and never looked back.
It appears that's exactly what happened.

Here's a link to the case filed by Charles Pettus - Superior Court of California

Search "Brenda Pettus", the 2021 case will pop up. Guess those search links don't hold.

That was interesting to read. Plaintiffs are getting jerked around. Rejected for being "too big", "judge signature missing", continued, on and on...the court (meaning the defendant, Kern County) doesn't want this to see the courtroom. Predictable.

That was interesting to read. Plaintiffs are getting jerked around. Rejected for being "too big", "judge signature missing", continued, on and on...the court (meaning the defendant, Kern County) doesn't want this to see the courtroom. Predictable.
Why is RD listed as a defendant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member