Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, I could go off on a tangent on that one. I remember all the things RD said about how she had no idea the boys were even adopted?

I am not sure, that was a guess as to why she is listed as a defendant. And we don't know her exact situation, circumstances, diagnosis. More than likely, if she was on cash assistance, she did receive the subsidy for signing final adoption forms. It is a benefit for women to provide an incentive to give children up for adoption.

I am not sure, that was a guess as to why she is listed as a defendant. And we don't know her exact situation, circumstances, diagnosis. More than likely, if she was on cash assistance, she did receive the subsidy for signing final adoption forms. It is a benefit for women to provide an incentive to give children up for adoption.

I had to read that twice, really? o_O

I had to read that twice, really? o_O

Yes. It is difficult to find the information, it is not "payment" for a child, which is illegal. But if someone is on cash assistance, and chooses to relinquish a baby/child, she will receive the same benefits amounts as if she had kept the baby/child for a period of time. It is an incentive for women, to help them move forward with their lives. Here is the link to the program in Utah.

Adoption Assistance

However, we do not know if RB was on that program in California.

Last edited:
Yes. It is difficult to find the information, it is not "payment" for a child, which is illegal. But if someone is on cash assistance, and chooses to relinquish a baby/child, she will receive the same benefits amounts as if she had kept the baby/child for a period of time. It is an incentive for women, to help them move forward with their lives. Here is the link to the program in Utah.

Adoption Assistance

However, we do not know if RB was on that program in California.

Sometimes, child support is waived if a natural parent agrees to relinquish custody permanently/TPR.

As @mickey2942 indicates, the wording is precise, probably varies from state to state, and makes it clear in Lawyer-speak that the natural parent is not exchanging the child for money or exchanging the child for forgiveness of a debt.

No link, sorry, just from working at Social Services in the '90's.

@mickey2942 & @Laughing - thank you both for your knowledge, very valuable!

Where are the boys??!! Where is BPD in the investigation, is this becoming a cold case?
I really don't think it is a cold case, yet anyway. I feel that the detectives really want to know where those boys are and what happened to them.

Could these 2 really have done such a good job of disappearing these two babies? It is hard for me to believe they didn't leave any incriminating evidence behind.

There are no corroborating videos of the boys leaving the property, in the way the parents described, IIRC. Isn't that important evidence against them?

And didn't the mother stay inside the home, and never came out looking and asking g neighbours etc?

That article is over a year old. I thought RD stated she never relinquished them and fought to keep them. From what I understood, she was shocked they had been adopted by the Wests.

Anyways, a detective was spotted last week talking to WW.

Now, that would be an interesting twist. And it wouldn't surprise me a bit, if she had some how been hoodwinked into signing documents without full disclosure.

I would like to see a full and transparent hearing with all of the information available to the public. But, I bet it will be sealed, you know, for the children. Of course.

Now, that would be an interesting twist. And it wouldn't surprise me a bit, if she had some how been hoodwinked into signing documents without full disclosure.

I would like to see a full and transparent hearing with all of the information available to the public. But, I bet it will be sealed, you know, for the children. Of course.

It might be sealed to the public but the birthfather is suing CPS so I'm sure he'll get that information. This is why the entire family was so upset about the boys being missing. They felt that the boys were taken improperly and that RD's rights were terminated because she did not comply with drug counseling. She got a medical marijuana card to validate her use but that's not what they judge wanted from her. She was allowed to visit with the boys when the boys were with one foster mother but after that, the kids were removed and given to the Wests. The Wests did not want her to visit the boys. I believe Mr. Pettus stated he had been taking parenting classes and the court just terminated his rights, even though he was complying.

Anyone have a Pacer account? If so, would you mind searching Florida bankruptcy court filings in the AP's names?

It might be sealed to the public but the birthfather is suing CPS so I'm sure he'll get that information. This is why the entire family was so upset about the boys being missing. They felt that the boys were taken improperly and that RD's rights were terminated because she did not comply with drug counseling. She got a medical marijuana card to validate her use but that's not what they judge wanted from her. She was allowed to visit with the boys when the boys were with one foster mother but after that, the kids were removed and given to the Wests. The Wests did not want her to visit the boys. I believe Mr. Pettus stated he had been taking parenting classes and the court just terminated his rights, even though he was complying.

And I would be inclined to believe that he is telling the truth. This entire situation merits a full investigation. With the names and relationships of all people involved, along with information about stipends, subsidies and bonuses.

FEB 21, 2022
Cal City Boys: Orrin, Orson West still missing 14 months later (kget.com)
[...]

Those continuing to press for the search for Orrin and Orson gathered across from the Bakersfield Police Department headquarters in Downtown Bakersfield Monday for a vigil in remembrance of the boys.

The biological family organizes monthly ‘community prayers’ as a way of keeping the names of the boys in the limelight and preventing their case from going cold with hopes of finding them once again.

[...]

I hate that we keep seeing the same pictures over and over. Plus, it seems like those pictures are older than the children were on the day they went missing according to the adoptive parents.

I seriously have more pictures of my cat on my phone than we have seen of these two boys.

Anyone have a Pacer account? If so, would you mind searching Florida bankruptcy court filings in the AP's names?
I don’t but my recollection is that there was a security company that owed TW money and so he was listed in their public bankruptcy filing. But that was from several years ago. Are you hearing of anything more recent? Or is that it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member