Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the video interview-

Foster parents willingly gave phones, vehicle and anything else LE asked for. They don't know why they got a warrant it wasn't necessary.

They understand LE is looking at them in the investigation and need to clear them first.

They said they understand why bio-mom thinks there is foul play on their part, they would think the same thing.

Noticed the boys were missing at 4:30, the gate to the backyard was open. Went looking for the kids and couldn't find them, it was getting dark so they called police to come help find them (no clear time was mentioned on reporting to police, or at least I couldn't understand what they said).

Last edited:
Bayan Wang@bayanwang
BREAKING: The adoptive parents of #missing 3 and 4 year-old California City boys speak for the first time Wednesday, after the boys went missing Monday night. Trezell and Jacqueline West detail the moments before and after the boys went missing.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1341870899071340546

The sound is better in this video, you can actually hear what they are saying-

MOO-I do think they were adopted by them given that they were allowed to change their names and while my heart goes out to the bio mom, I do get the feeling the adoptive parents are being honest in the interview
I sort of felt that way too - 50/50 at this point.

Bio-mom in one of the interviews above, was asked about the couple adopting the boys. She said the kids were initially with her Mom, but they removed them and placed them with the CC couple.

Reporter- they were adopted in 2019 right?
Bio-mom- I don't know, I didn't know anything after the last court date, I didn't know anything.

If she doesn't know anything, how was she in contact with the couple right after they were reported missing?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I caught the adoptive dad's comment about changing the boy's names. IMO, that's sort of different- if they were adopted in 2019, they would have been two and three years old. Wouldn't it be confusing to rename children at that age?

Last edited by a moderator:
The search for Orson and Orrins West, ages 3 and 4, respectively, began around 8 p.m. Monday after they were reported missing from outside their home in the 10700 block of Aspen Avenue, California City police said. Dozens of volunteers combed through the city and nearby areas to find the boys, without success.

Multiple agencies — including the FBI — are involved. The boys’ adoptive parents, Trezol and Jaqueline West, have been questioned both by local police and federal agents, and officers searched their home Tuesday, leaving with several bags of evidence. The Wests’ vehicle was towed.

Trezol and Jaqueline West said Wednesday they fostered Orson and Orrin in 2018 and adopted them the following year. They have two other adopted children, and two biological children.

The Wests said they have not been in contact with the boys’ biological parents.
California City boys went missing after briefly left outside playing, adoptive parents say | KGET 17.

CALIFORNIA CITY, Calif. (KGET) — Busy wrapping presents, the adoptive mother of Orson and Orrin West told the boys to go outside with their father Monday evening and play. The father opened a gate to gather wood for burning then briefly went back inside.

When he came out, the boys were gone. He drove around the neighborhood and talked to neighbors, but couldn’t find the children.

That’s what the adoptive parents of the boys say happened the night their lives became upended, with the boys still missing two days later, their four other children removed from the home and both local and federal authorities questioning them and searching their home, vehicle and phones.

No arrests have been made, and police said no one has been ruled out in the boys’ disappearance.
California City boys went missing after briefly left outside playing, adoptive parents say | KGET 17.

The search for Orson and Orrins West, ages 3 and 4, respectively, began around 8 p.m. Monday after they were reported missing from outside their home in the 10700 block of Aspen Avenue, California City police said. Dozens of volunteers combed through the city and nearby areas to find the boys, without success.

Multiple agencies — including the FBI — are involved. The boys’ adoptive parents, Trezol and Jaqueline West, have been questioned both by local police and federal agents, and officers searched their home Tuesday, leaving with several bags of evidence. The Wests’ vehicle was towed.

Trezol and Jaqueline West said Wednesday they fostered Orson and Orrin in 2018 and adopted them the following year. They have two other adopted children, and two biological children.

thats not what bio mom said... she said she had gone to their house earlier.

Fostered in '18 and adopted in '19 is the turn around usually that quick??

Fostered in '18 and adopted in '19 is the turn around usually that quick??

i really have questions, i know we will not know because CPS cases are confidential but that seems quick and i dont know all the circumstances at all but bio mom says she wanted them back and didnt seem well versed in the process so it is concerning.

i really have questions, i know we will not know because CPS cases are confidential but that seems quick and i dont know all the circumstances at all but bio mom says she wanted them back and didnt seem well versed in the process so it is concerning.
It sounds like she was offered reunification services, but her parental rights were still terminated in the end. No offense intended, but there is likely much more to the story than she is stating. Terminating parental rights does not happen in a vacuum, if a family member is deemed suitable of caring for the kids placement will usually go to them first, MOO. She had legal counsel and could have appealed the termination of parental rights, which freezes any potential adoption action until the appeal process is completed.

Short video here - AV News Crew Page

The utter horror will be if something happened to the boys in that home. They should have been safe and loved :(

What a mess. :( Trying to get a handle on the situation here and I'm having a hard time. The bio mom being so dramatic just before her interview began was hard to take, not because I think she had something to do with the boys' disappearance <modsnip: Not victim friendly>

The adoptive parents... again, hard to form an opinion. But it seems unlikely that either parent would harm both, especially out of anger. One kid maybe.

So for me I guess question number one is when's the last time anyone outside of the family saw the kids?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member