Identified! CA - Pacifica, WhtFem 593UFCA, 25-46, found in tent, Jun'06 - Christine Kuhn

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ah, okay, gotcha :) Some days I'm a little slow.

The more I look at Christina, though... Her jawline is spot-on with the UID, IMO.

I realize that there are several things that dont match such as eye color and height but take a look at this case from the charley Project, read the circumstances. Jennifer Pentilla carried two bibles with her and was traveling across the US for religious purposes. She lived out of a tent and carried other books with her (which are heavy to be traveling with). Also, Jennifers mother got a call from a woman in San Fransisco (15 miles from Pacifica) stating that she spoke to Jennifer in 1998. I know the pictures don't look that much alike but 15 years of living on the road along with mental illness can change a person's appearance dramistically. Any Thoughts?

I think that incorrect data entries to eye color, height, date missing, etc are to blame for many people not being identified, so I never rule anything out.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pentilla_jennifer.html

Bill Baraby

Also, I wonder if they could take her Mug Shot and combine it with her skeletal remains to maybe show her smiling (teeth, and less wide eyed) and come up with a drawing/sketch that might look more like she did before you went missing.

Hi bill- while the circumstances appear to be related, I don't think they are. Although that was remarkable. The only reason I say that is your jennifer has blue eyes and blonde hair and I don't think they resemble each other at all. Plus your Jennifer's belongings were eventually found. I truly, really, strongly feel its jennifer Casper Ross. Here is why... Reno is not far from the Bay Area really first off. Secondly, they look spot on like each other besides the eyebrows- but... I used to have some majorly different looking eyebrows and went on a pluck spree and they look nothing like they used to. It strongly looks like her- withstand a limited time on the street- people's faces can drastically change with the use of drugs like meth. Also the deceased had been starving herself- JCR was a ballerina at some point amd im
Not saying for sure, but often dancers have eating disorders and the deceased was starving herself... Peoples looks often change (eyes) when in a psychotic state. Also, her hair in the mugshot looks dark with grey roots, but it looks almost like grown out highlights- which JCR had when she left. She, and obviously the deceased had some mental issues. They both had extensive orthodontic work done. Same height, same weight... I just feel it. I can't explain.

Re: the eyebrows...Jane Doe's hair looks unkempt and she had probably been off her acne medication awhile to break out that badly, but it's interesting that she still had neatly manicured brows. From my expereince, eyebrows don't take that long to grow out so I wonder why she paid particular attention to that aspect of her appearance.

Also, I'm not superstitious but it struck me that she was found on 6-6-06, not that she could have planned it that way.

You know what is even weirder? Jennifer Casper-Ross (who I STRONGLY feel is this woman) disappeared 5/5/05! I didn't even notice the 06/06/06 thing! Creeeepy

For some reason i thought she was ruled out. Id bet the mortgage its Jennifer.

Ok after reading several of the latest posts
:websleuther: I've decided to go back and look at the The Doe Network Profile on her #593UFCA.Statistics are the following.
Unidentified White Female,Estimated age :25-46 (most likely in her 40's),Approximate Height and Weight:5'9";130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics:Brown straight ,stringy hair with gray streaks;Brown eyes.Yellowing of the cranial bones suggest possible tetracycline therapy for acne.
Dentals;Once received High-Quality ,extensive dental work.
Clothing:GRAY fleece jacket with front zipper,LL BEAN brand MEN'S XL NAVY BLUE nylon/dacron pants with waist fastener and zipper, Cherokee brand XL DARK BLUE PANTS with waist snap and drawstring.
Merona brand , M white canvass style shoes, size 9 WIDE.
Fingerprints available
Everyone can read the Case History at TDN website.
I am focusing today on the physical and description of her belongings which included many books.
Among them the Bible and a Harry potter book.
in general she made notes saying she was thinking of starving herself to death.
Now that stood out to me.
Also before I forget some people made reference to the 6/6/6 the day she was found.It is true she was found on that day but it also says she has an estimated death of 3 months prior so her actual death would be 3/??/6 (2006)
Ok so back to her weight.
If she were as she had written been planning to starve herself to death, when she died she weight 130.
So that would indicate she may have been a bit heavier.
So if she died in March as the LE have guessed she did, I think looking for an overweight depressed female with the height of 5'9", acne,size 9 feet, and a woman who wore MEN's clothing.
The XL size of the men's pants leads me to think that she had lost weight .
If we have any Websleuther's females out there who are 5'9", ( I did not look up the ideal weight for a female this height) without divulging your weight ,please tell us
the size shoe and clothing you would be wearing?
So we can get a rough idea what may have transpired with #593UFCA
once we can determine what her weight should be we can then determine what the correct size clothing for her would have been then deduct the weight she was when found.
By my estimates I conclude that she probably went missing weighting at least 10-20 lbs heavier and started as she had written starving herself ?
We would need a professional nutritionist to help with the possible weight loss issues.
But from the size of the clothing this has been my question, could she have weighed much more than the weight she was at the discovery.
Plus not being a forensic expert( please one can jump in here) to give actual weight gains and losses at time of death ( have read that a person who has died at first will Bloat) I am not sure if that goes away after a time or not?
I think it would be nice if some Professional Forensic people would kindly have a section on WEBSLEUTH'S so we can present cases and ask and analyze this type of possibilities to discuss which may in the long run solve more cases?
Discuss the differences that may happen in death to a person.
I have often wanted to discuss the pro's and con's of FORENSIC myth as opposed to Forensic scientific proof.
Also I did not see anything about possible tattoos ?
Would any of them go away as she decomposed?
I do not know the condition of her soft tissue at the time she was found so if there were tattoos they would not be included in her profile I assume?

:gathering::grouphug:

I think she weighed more than 130 lbs at some point, but I don't think she was originally overweight, unless she had been starving herself for a very long time. In her booking photo from January (about 3 months prior to her death), she looks relatively slim. Even 20 pounds more on a woman of her estimated height is still average to thin. My opinion on the XL men's clothing is that it was easier to layer for warmth, pretty common among homeless people. Also, it may have been easier to find in thrift stores or wherever than women's size Tall.

FWIW, I'd be surprised if she actually starved to death. I suspect she died of dehydration ("no drink"), which will generally kill you faster.

To me, she is someone who had an undiagnosed or untreated issue like bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or something. She obviously once took good care of herself (the acne meds, possible highlights, the dental work). She either disappeared and was reported missing or had been struggling with mental illness long enough that her loved ones had simply lost touch or given up on communicating with her.

I really wish they would release photos of her belongings, particularly her writings. Someone might be able to recognize her handwriting.

So I contacted jennifer casper Ross' mom Carla and asked her if she had ever heard of our Jane doe and it didnt sound like she had (sort of odd) I sent her a side by side of JD and jennifer. Haven't heard back as of yet. Namus had some interesting info I didn't see before- it is confirmed Jane doe had possible outgrown highlights in addition to her grey hair. Also Jane doe was found with plastic bags on her feet. I realize it was a full year later but when jennifer disappeared, she was barefoot. I don't know. I strongly feel jennifer casper Ross is our Jane. Namus also still does not have her name as ruled out and quite honestly I think she looks like Jane doe more so than anyone I've seen suggested.

Oh and on Jennifer's Facebook page her mom has several pictures that look like jennifer had ruddiness on her cheeks like Jane doe

I think she weighed more than 130 lbs at some point, but I don't think she was originally overweight, unless she had been starving herself for a very long time. In her booking photo from January (about 3 months prior to her death), she looks relatively slim. Even 20 pounds more on a woman of her estimated height is still average to thin. My opinion on the XL men's clothing is that it was easier to layer for warmth, pretty common among homeless people. Also, it may have been easier to find in thrift stores or wherever than women's size Tall.
Also as far as the size 9 shoe .For me sometimes I can wear a 6 1/2 shoe or depending on the shoe a 7 ( sometimes wide sometimes medium) and I agree that a homeless person or anyone trying to keep warm usually does layer and to do that it takes the one on the top being at least 1-2 sizes larger sometimes more.

The one thing I would guess is consistent no matter age or weight is the height. If she went missing as a teen maybe she grew a bit taller since she went missing ? Hard to say .

FWIW, I'd be surprised if she actually starved to death. I suspect she died of dehydration ("no drink"), which will generally kill you faster.

To me, she is someone who had an undiagnosed or untreated issue like bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or something. She obviously once took good care of herself (the acne meds, possible highlights, the dental work). She either disappeared and was reported missing or had been struggling with mental illness long enough that her loved ones had simply lost touch or given up on communicating with her.

I really wish they would release photos of her belongings, particularly her writings. Someone might be able to recognize her handwriting.
I agree with all you have said.In addition, I can wear shoes 1/2 size larger sometimes depending on what type they are.
so she could normally wear a 8 1/2 but had with her the size 9.
They could have been larger than her normal size we do not have that information.
And if she is in NAMUS maybe they have the clothing, books and all her things including camping tent and other things?

She may not have been reported missing. Making a match even more unlikely.

I believe that this could be Jennifer as well. Either her or someone who has not been reported missing, although I do see physical similarities with many of the other women suggested here as matches. I would think that she should be somewhat easy to rule in or out, considering that her family is missing her and she likely has at least dentals on file. Hard to believe she has never been compared to our Doe.

Re: the plastic bags. Two ideas: 1. She used them to cover her shoes when walking in wet weather. 2. She used them to bulk up her feet a bit so they fit in her shoes, which could have been too big, as Websurfer suggested.

I agree with all you have said.In addition, I can wear shoes 1/2 size larger sometimes depending on what type they are.
so she could normally wear a 8 1/2 but had with her the size 9.
They could have been larger than her normal size we do not have that information.
And if she is in NAMUS maybe they have the clothing, books and all her things including camping tent and other things?

She is in Namus now but they only have her booking photo and a newspaper article under the Images section. I imagine LE has photos of her belongings but has chosen not to publicize them for whatever reason.

@websurfer, my male cousin is 5'10 and a UK size 5.5! While one of my female friends is 5'3" and a UK size 8. So whatever your height it is possible to have an unexpected shoe size.

They said her remains were mummified, so I imagine they must have estimated what her weight would have been when alive.

Jennifer's mom wrote me back and said she's not sure if they tested Jane doe against her. She will submit and find out. She didnt say if she thought it looked like her or not :/

Jennifer's mom wrote me back and said she's not sure if they tested Jane doe against her. She will submit and find out. She didnt say if she thought it looked like her or not :/

Damn it. It's not her. She's in NAMUS as excluded :( I so strongly felt it was her...

This is a long shot, but Penney Cruser? http://doenetwork.org/cases/2631dfwa.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cruser_penney.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/22502/480

She's a schizophrenic and drug user who may have been involved in prostitution when she went missing from Spokane in 1997, when her family lost contact with her. She's within an inch on height, in range on age. Physical resemblance only so-so but Jane Doe is so changed by illness and rough living that it's hard to tell.

The big question is whether Jane Doe's remains had decayed enough to obscure tattoos, of which Penney had several.

Attachments

• pacifica jd with Penney Cruser.png
    pacifica jd with Penney Cruser.png
    237.8 KB · Views: 268

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members