Identified! CA - Pacifica, WhtFem 593UFCA, 25-46, found in tent, Jun'06 - Christine Kuhn

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jennifer Casper-Ross with our Jane Doe. Very strong resemblance (remember Jane's picture isn't a reconstruction, it's a photo taken not long before her death).

Attachments

• no go jane doe with Jennifer Casper-Ross.png
    no go jane doe with Jennifer Casper-Ross.png
    160.4 KB · Views: 204
Hmm...In the various photos of Jennifer, her eyebrows are distinctly arched and curve up away from her eye. The UID's are rounded and curve down. Granted, she could have been grooming herself that way in those photos, though that's quite an extreme difference. Also, I'm not certain from the lighter version of the UID's photo, but the darker one posted above makes it looks as if there is a dimple in her chin, whereas Jennifer doesn't have one.

I wonder if they happen to have a side view photo of the UID? Don't they usually take a side picture during take in too?

Also I can't remember if it was Jennifer or another possible thrown out there but one was arrested under their own name but it was after this UID had been arrested/ takin in......

Hmm...In the various photos of Jennifer, her eyebrows are distinctly arched and curve up away from her eye. The UID's are rounded and curve down. Granted, she could have been grooming herself that way in those photos, though that's quite an extreme difference.

I agree, Jennifer's eyebrows don't look like they could ever possibly be groomed into the shape of Jane Doe's eyebrows. I also think the noses are too different. But I know its so hard to tell with pictures, especially blurry ones like Jennifer's. It's always worth a shot. Someone who believes in the match more strongly than I do should call in to check.

I agree the eyebrows look off, but on the other hand Jane seems to have been a long-term homeless woman, yet she still groomed her eyebrows. Not many of the people who have been suggested look like they'd go to the trouble. Jennifer does.

Not really evidence, I know.

I see a similarity, but not a match personally.

The general shape of the face is the same. I do think that JD doesn't have as high a forehead as Jennifer. I think (and could be angles) that the base of the nose / nostril area is different. JD seems to have more "open" nostrils, iykwim.

aaa1d4cd2c450eb4c6b8c0f133bf9ea8.jpg

I think I was looking at this photo when I compared....

I've always liked Jennifer for this. I see the eyebrow differences but still think she's worth submitting.

I think it is her too.
If you compare the shape of the 'ruddiness' on her cheeks in the 3rd picture on the Charley Project page on Jennifer Casper-Ross, the shape of it is identical to that seen in the mugshot.
The shapes of both their facial features, the shapes of their faces, as well as the way they're both wearing their hair in quite a number of those pictures (that is, with the 'fringe' predominantly swept to the left) also have a very strong closeness.
(Sorry I can't upload any pics for some reason!)

I'm not to familiar with this one but I saw it today and on the recent additions to Namus I saw

Christina Smith
Los Angeles County, California
19 year old white female

Age, height, hair color, date missing line up.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28024/1

christinesmith.png

Wow. Good find. Remarkable resemblance and everything else fits.

There's a discrepancy in the heights. Uid was 69.0 inches and Christina Smith was listed as 63.0 inches.

I didn't see a height for the UID except in the article which said
5 feet 4 inches tall and 5 feet 6 inches tall.
. I see DN says 5'9" though.

I think we've seen enough cases where the heights estimates were really off that I wouldn't necessarily rely on it as a way to rule someone out. That said, I think Christina Smith looks somewhat similar yet oddly older at 19 than our UID. Maybe that's a bad pic, but she just looks... rough. I wish we had some more photos for comparison.

I see the strongest physical resemblance with Jennifer Casper Ross and Diane Schulte, but I could also kind of see Kathryn Lamadrid and Monica Appleton. It is strange that none of these ladies have been ruled out!

I think we've seen enough cases where the heights estimates were really off that I wouldn't necessarily rely on it as a way to rule someone out. That said, I think Christina Smith looks somewhat similar yet oddly older at 19 than our UID. Maybe that's a bad pic, but she just looks... rough. I wish we had some more photos for comparison.

I agree about the look of her age. She doesn't look 113lbs to me either in that pic.

I'm not sure what the point about Christine Smith's apparent age is? She went missing in 1984 at 19, so in 2006 she would have been 40, solidly in the middle of the UID's probable range. I agree she looks like she's already had a hard life, but it's hard to draw any conclusions from only one photo -- and judging from the lines behind it, it's a mug shot. Nobody looks their best when being booked. I wish we knew more circumstances.

I still wonder if the was experiencing hyperthyroidism for a long period of time, resulting in exopthalmos, velvety skin texture, severe weight loss. If she went into a thyrotoxic storm, she could become psychotic. OTOH, people suffering from psychosis (including schizophrenia and mania) are more susceptible to this condition. The physical sequelae of the thyrotoxicosis could lead to death. We still don't know her COD, right?

The weight loss and skin texture in the picture might be Christine with this condition? Also, does anybody notice that Christine and the UID both have that faint mustache line?

I'm not sure what the point about Christine Smith's apparent age is? She went missing in 1984 at 19, so in 2006 she would have been 40, solidly in the middle of the UID's probable range. I agree she looks like she's already had a hard life, but it's hard to draw any conclusions from only one photo -- and judging from the lines behind it, it's a mug shot. Nobody looks their best when being booked. I wish we knew more circumstances.

I meant that I think she looks older at 19 than the UID did in her 40s. Agree that it's a mugshot, though, and probably not her best day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back