Found Deceased CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian missing in Joshua Tree National Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... wonder if he travelled for work and someone helped him leave to a new lifestyle. Then that would mean he hoped his wife would then pass on the hike, seems far fetched then, cause that would be a last minute decision based on what she was doing then a premeditated plan. There are so many unknown factors, what about that alleged witness who says he saw him and other hikers who say they never saw him?

LOL! Very true about the contrasting colors. The only way he wouldn’t have been seen (other than skipping out) is if he had fallen into shadow deep between rocks IMO. Watching the video, he could have slipped if he ventured out on rock ledges like the couple did.

And if his body rolled underneath a bunch of rocks (where it is usually dark) - the black clothing could hide his whole body quite easily.

Now, unless he was wearing something like a gold watch (which sunlight would reflect off of) and that watch was in a position (such as his arm across his chest) which might help locate him...

DBF03B17-3B4D-4198-AF39-6AC83C29ED70.jpeg
This doesn’t mention a watch and you didn’t take your cell phone. So how do you know what time it is? I know camera’s have date time stamps, but I know mine is always wrong and I never set it. Maybe he was on a mission to get as far away as possible.

And if his body rolled underneath a bunch of rocks (where it is usually dark) - the black clothing could hide his whole body quite easily.

Now, unless he was wearing something like a gold watch (which sunlight would reflect off of) and that watch was in a position (such as his arm across his chest) which might help locate him...
Really good point MaryG12. If I were doing a grid search, I would take a metal detector if I didn't have cadaver dogs at my disposal.

Hmmm... wonder if he travelled for work and someone helped him leave to a new lifestyle. Then that would mean he hoped his wife would then pass on the hike, seems far fetched then, cause that would be a last minute decision based on what she was doing then a premeditated plan. There are so many unknown factors, what about that alleged witness who says he saw him and other hikers who say they never saw him?

This whole case has so many contradictions. I am usually very decisive about my theories, but I remain on the fence. I give this 75% he is in JT yet to be found, and 25% he is sipping margaritas in Mexico.

Really good point MaryG12. If I were doing a grid search, I would take a metal detector if I didn't have cadaver dogs at my disposal.

He seems like someone who would wear an Apple Watch...don’t ask me why. :) My husband’s doesn’t have much metal. You’d think a watch would have been mentioned though. I really think he slipped into a narrow spot and is out of sight.

I think hiking alone, even on a well-traveled trail is unwise. There’s an experienced woman hiker currently missing in the WA North Cascades.
WA - WA - Samantha Sayers, 28, Vesper Peak, North Cascades, 1 August 2018

He had this strange tat on his chest does it mean anything to anyone. The symbols.

Yes, I believe this is a Native American coyote design. I wonder if he got it on their trip.

Coyote Tattoos

The Coyote is an animal to be feared, admired, and respected. Across numerous western cultures, the animal is seen as the embodiment of the spirit of Mother Nature and, with the exception of the Buffalo, has become the quintessential image of the Wild West.

The word 'coyote' is a Mexican reboot of the Aztec word, 'coyotl', which means "trickster". In many Mesoamerican(like the Mayans and Aztecs) and Native American cultures, the Coyote is seen as the ultimate trickster that brings many gifts to mankind or steals much needed resources from unsuspecting deities and mortals. According to the various myths, he is the "Jack of all Trades", bringing music and creativity to some tribes, teaching others the secrets of medicine, and showing others how to create fire. The Coyote is an animal of infinite wisdom, intellect, and knowledge, and it isn't uncommon to find Native American stories in which he plays the role a wise counsellor and in others, he is the cunning deceiver. Native American shamans and storytellers may have been inspired by observing the pack on the hunt. Coyotes are known as exceptional hunters and usually display an enhanced ability to plan, communicate, and coordinate the movements of the pack, all in the aim of catching their prey.
Coyote Tattoo Meanings | iTattooDesigns.com

Coyote tattoos - what do they mean? Coyote Tattoo Designs & Symbols - Coyote tattoo meanings

Designs similar to Paul’s:
23+ Amazing Coyote Tattoo Designs

View attachment 145151
This doesn’t mention a watch and you didn’t take your cell phone. So how do you know what time it is? I know camera’s have date time stamps, but I know mine is always wrong and I never set it. Maybe he was on a mission to get as far away as possible.

Thanks for posting, I hadn't seen that missing person flyer previously.

The camera he had with him (Nikon D5300) is quite bulky and weighs over a pound. I wonder how he carried it (strap across body or around neck). It's wifi capable... if something happened to Paul while he had the camera turned on, I wonder if the wifi signal could have been detected with the right equipment (until the battery ran out, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia