Found Deceased CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian missing in Joshua Tree Natl Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting that video! I'd love to hike in JT someday just to experience the wildflowers (love the blossoming cactus!) and wildlife. That's a cool tortoise. In fact one of the things I miss the most about Tucson are the huge Saguaro cacti in full bloom - beautiful flowers!
The tortoise was especially cool!
I am, however, starting to think of JTNP as so-cals version of the bermuda triangle!

Snipped...
...UFO devotees have often insisted that there is a secret spaceship base hidden somewhere in the brush-dotted hills. They say that the strange lights regularly seen in the desert night sky areextraterrestrial craft visiting the base. UFO contactee and cult leader George Adamski claimed that he got a saucer ride from “long-haired Venusians” aboard one of the ships cruising above Highway 177, just east of the park.
Read more: Weird California

Snipped...
...UFO devotees have often insisted that there is a secret spaceship base hidden somewhere in the brush-dotted hills. They say that the strange lights regularly seen in the desert night sky areextraterrestrial craft visiting the base. UFO contactee and cult leader George Adamski claimed that he got a saucer ride from “long-haired Venusians” aboard one of the ships cruising above Highway 177, just east of the park.

And while researching about JT it's impossible to not come across mention of Gram Parsons and his death.

And while researching about JT it's impossible to not come across mention of Gram Parsons and his death.
Yes! What an outrageous story that is! Truly fascinating.
I mentioned upthread that I had a notion that Paul might have gone to the now infamous Cap Rock, but I am told it is a far distance from his trailhead.

Snipped...
Well this explains everything! ; )

I just thought of something.

Was Indian Cove Rd trail checked out?

Also - what about on the other side of Rt 62 - Copper Mountain? Was that investigated too?

Did Paul cross Rt 62 for any reason?

I am trying to think outside the box right now.

joshua-tree-map.jpg

Oh wow.

KCDZ 107.7 FM - FOUR MARINES RESCUED IN JOSHUA TREE NATIONAL PARK SUNDAY

Twentynine Palms Fire Captain Durk Carlisle said the four Marines had become stranded up in a wash and one of the Marines was suffering from a severe case of dehydration.

Carlisle said they originally thought the Marines had gone in from 49 Palms, but as it turns out, they had started in the interior of the park and were about 10 miles from the 49 Palms trailhead.

I just thought of something.

Was Indian Cove Rd trail checked out?

Also - what about on the other side of Rt 62 - Copper Mountain? Was that investigated too?

Did Paul cross Rt 62 for any reason?

I am trying to think outside the box right now.

joshua-tree-map.jpg

Same here, MaryG. Is there a map that would show what that guy was referring to in the comment, “unofficial trails” off that trailhead parking lot? It really has peaked my interest.
Especially since he also stated that the searchers had searched the areas “below” there . As in, areas versus going up on the trail.

Here is a screencap of Copper Mountain, with the two radio stations - that main road is Siesta Dr.

Are there any unofficial hiking trails up there? Are there mountain goats at Copper Mountan that might be visible from Rt 62?

CopperMountain.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members