Found Deceased CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian missing in Joshua Tree Natl Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I live in So Cal and have traveled to Mexico many times, to many different parts. The only time I had to show a passport was crossing back into the United States.
This. My parents lived in Baja (San Felipe) for over ten years. I was never stopped by Mexican border patrol at either Tijuana or Mexicali in all those years. They did have a system where you could cross without stopping on a green light or go to secondary search on red light. Only cars with Mexican license plates were stopped. Probably to make them pay import taxes on items purchased in the US.

Following.
Wasn't this where Erin Corwin was found murdered ?
Could he have fallen into one of the mine shafts ?

The mine that Erin was found in (Rose of Peru) is near JTNP but isn't actually within the park's boundaries.

Im sure they checked all that. He's been missing like over 60 days.

I haven't heard of any mines being searched. I assume it's because there aren't any near the trail where Paul was last thought to have been.

Headed to JTNP this weekend to go camping. Will be driving right past the area of the park that Paul went missing. Even though my group is camping in a large campground, I bought them all whistles in case they get lost. Even though I'm 40% that he ran off, I plan to stop at the trail head and give Paul a few minutes of silence. Missing is missing, whether you ran off or you got lost.

Headed to JTNP this weekend to go camping. Will be driving right past the area of the park that Paul went missing. Even though my group is camping in a large campground, I bought them all whistles in case they get lost. Even though I'm 40% that he ran off, I plan to stop at the trail head and give Paul a few minutes of silence. Missing is missing, whether you ran off or you got lost.
I agree that missing is missing and that something was hurting if he chose to leave, but I cannot imagine the pain of loved ones. I still dont know what I think happened.

I agree that missing is missing and that something was hurting if he chose to leave, but I cannot imagine the pain of loved ones. I still dont know what I think happened.

I still have to say that the biggest mystery for me is why someone would want to put in a 2 hour hike in July in HOT HOT JTNP then get in a car and drive to Las Vegas to catch a flight. I would "think" that he would be dirty, smelly and possibly sweaty after such a hike and who would want to travel in that condition.

Pushing further, I can't imagine wanting to travel 3+ hours in a car with someone who just hiked a trail in those conditions, travel thru the airport and then sit right next to them on a plane for HOURS. I think I would say "no way, I'm not traveling with you when you are all stinky and dirty".

THIS... is the part I can't get past.

JMO

I still have to say that the biggest mystery for me is why someone would want to put in a 2 hour hike in July in HOT HOT JTNP then get in a car and drive to Las Vegas to catch a flight. I would "think" that he would be dirty, smelly and possibly sweaty after such a hike and who would want to travel in that condition.

Pushing further, I can't imagine wanting to travel 3+ hours in a car with someone who just hiked a trail in those conditions, travel thru the airport and then sit right next to them on a plane for HOURS. I think I would say "no way, I'm not traveling with you when you are all stinky and dirty".

THIS... is the part I can't get past.

JMO

I expect that the hotel had a shower, which he likely intended to use when he changed from his hiking gear into his street clothing.

I have been seated on a flight (quite recently) next to a man who definitely needed a shower. He was oblivious but the man seated on the other side of smelly man noticed also, so it's wasn't just me. Point being simply that not everyone has the same standards of hygiene. It's not right or wrong, just different.

Without knowing Paul's normal habits, hard (for me) to figure if this plays into what happened. (Or didn't happen, as the case may be...)

But, but, but, that would leave him even less than 2 hours to hike since it was reported his hotel check out was 11AM.

:thinking:

I know, it seems if they had a late check out his wife would have said. And there was a huge search effort. And, it was within what, an hour or two of him being reported missing? Do we know if this search was more quickly instigated and / or more thorough than the previous missing hikers search’s in JT ? Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member