CA CA - Peter McColl, 16, Berkeley, 28 Aug 1995

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After reading the info on Peter's disappearance and then reading another case of a California teen, Gayle Marks, also missing from California; there is something in common with these two cases as I see it.

Peter's license was received weeks after his disappearance and Gayle went missing after going to DMV and her license on one site says it was mailed and received days after her disappearance. But on AMW is says that it was not received until 1989, months after her disappearance.

Gayle goes missing from San Joanquin Co. in 1988 and Peter goes missing in 1995 from Berkeley, Alameda Co. These counties are neighboring and in Gayle's case there is speculation as to whether two known and convicted serial killers are responsible for her disappearance. Wesley Howard Shermantine and Loren Joseph Herzog.

After looking at there profiles, they did kill men too.

Could there be a connection?

Berkeley police looking into 14-year-old missing person case
Posted: 05/04/2010 05:17:30 PM PDT
Updated: 05/05/2010 06:57:03 AM PDT

After the family of a teenager who has been missing for the past 14 years contacted Berkeley police, detectives are calling on the community for solid leads they hope will allow them to investigate further.

http://www.mercurynews.com/newsci_15017129

Bump

Peter has been missing 15 years this week. Come home soon.

Fifteen years later, Berkeley's Peter McColl remains missing

Suzan McColl has her routines. She spends sunny afternoons in the garden of her century-old Craftsman home, runs her three border collies nearly everyday and writes in her personal journal each morning.

She has another ritual as well -- checking the Doe Network website to see if there are unidentified remains that fit the description of her missing son, Peter John McColl.

[snip]

Today marks 15 years since Peter's disappearance. If alive, he is now 31. While Berkeley Police have a four-inch-thick binder full of dead leads, news clippings and other information about the case, they have no new leads.

[snip]

Though both Rebecca and Suzan McColl have battled depression and deal, nearly daily with the anxiety and sadness around Peter's disappearance, they said they are doing the best they can.

More: http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtribune/localnews/ci_15915847

A heart wrenching story. Prayers for Peter's Mother and Father.

It makes me so very sad she gets up every morning and checks doe network to see if any UID's match her Son's description :( No Parent should have to do that.

I think that girl he was last seen talking with who is now in prison on a drug sentence needs to be interviewed again, agressively...

Rebecca, Peter seemed like a beautiful person. I am sorry for your loss. I hope you find information that explains what happened to him and where is he now. Good luck.

mccoll1.jpg

In my opinion, one of the most disturbing details is that Peter didn't take his glasses with him. This means that he must have not intended to be away for any length of time. I'm severely near-sighted and I wear contacts. I know that contacts get uncomfortable after wearing them for a certain amount of time and then must be taken out, so glasses are necessary in the meantime.
My guess is that Peter struck up a conversation with a stranger that day, and he unknowingly followed that person into a dangerous situation that ended up claiming his life. I hope I am wrong and Peter is still alive out there. He is obviously a brilliant and unique individual.

What a handsome young man. There's just something about him that makes you believe he was really special.

I don't buy that cult theory, don't know why. I think Peter either met with foul play or took his own life, sadly.

Missing for 18 years today. What happened to Peter? I hope there will be answers one day.

Peter McColl has been missing for awfully long 19 years today. Thinking of him and his loved ones. I hope there will be answers soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back