Found Deceased CA - Philip Kreycik, 37, Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park, 10 Jul 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 7/10 private jet flight going to Minneapolis/St Paul KMSP from Livermore Municipal Airport KLVK took off at 11:54 AM PDT and landed at 5:05 CDT, was tail number N819AP and operated by AOSKY according to Flightaware.
Is this a clue or hint in relation to Phillip’s disappearance?

Last edited:
Is this a clue or hint in relation to Phillip’s disappearance?
A couple of days ago, the Alameda County Sheriff's Office said that they were "perplexed" that after all the searching, they can't locate Kreycik.

It's just a fact that this flight took off that day from a nearby airport. The driving distance to this airport from the Moller Ranch parking lot is 9 to 14 minutes depending upon the route.

Last edited:
Did anything ever come of the report that the searchers heard someone calling for help in the first days of the search?
There were searchers that gathered at Sunol at the post office in the middle of the night, then went and searched but did not find anything. Afterwards, the official SAR personnel looked at the area. The press conference after that I believe is where one of the law enforcement personnel said it probably was an animal that had been heard by the family that reported the noise in the first place.

Did anything ever come of the report that the searchers heard someone calling for help in the first days of the search?
The sheriffs’ office believes the cries were from animals. The area was searched, but nothing was found.

I agree with comments here that it would be helpful for an admin on the FB group (Philip’s running partner the night before) to either disclose what was discussed the night before or refrain from saying that he isn’t prepared to disclose it. His statement—that he won’t discuss it—leaves so much open to interpretation. If a friend of mine were missing, I would never say “I’m not yet prepared to disclose what we discussed the night before.” If I thought it was sensitive, I’d say nothing publicly and disclose it to LE.

I think in general after the situation with the woman missing in the Zion National Park and the controversy on the internet site where they raised money via solicitations for donations and whether the entire incident was simply some sort of ploy to raise money, people in general have become skeptical as to whether someone missing in the woods is really missing in the woods.

It seems odd to me that there was a Kreycik internet site set up to raise money via solicitations for donations yesterday in spite of the likely hundreds of thousands of dollars spent (and maybe more) the various 13 agencies have spent searching for him on the ground, in the air, with drones, with canine search teams, etc. Not to mention the hundreds of local volunteers that have invested hours of their times searching and handing out flyers.

Also, many businesses have stepped up to donate food and water and supplies as well as to replace a generator that the volunteer search team reported stolen.

A copy center made hundreds of missing persons handouts as a donation. Many other local residents printed hundreds of fliers at their own expense.

The school district allowed their high school facility to be used as an area to stage searches from for free.

The hotels in town have provided free rooms for the family members/relatives even though most live close by.

And now they are asking for monetary donations via the internet?

Last edited:
I agree with comments here that it would be helpful for an admin on the FB group (Philip’s running partner the night before) to either disclose what was discussed the night before or refrain from saying that he isn’t prepared to disclose it. His statement—that he won’t discuss it—leaves so much open to interpretation.

Yes! It comes across as shady as heck!

Why not just say what was discussed....surely it can't be that much of a big deal, can it?

And if it was, then LE need to know!

Withholding information critical to a missing person's life should be a crime and/or an arrestable offence in itself.

The more I read about the deviation from his normal routine and habits, the more I lean toward a voluntary disappearance. The only thing I can't make fit is fact that he didn't have that much time before he was supposedly needed to pick up the family. Unless that plan was added last minute and he couldn't really argue about it, it wouldn't make sense not to give yourself more time.
As a runner, I have to say, it is important to pay attention to normal routines and habits. Also, I wouldn't run more than 5 miles in the summer heat without at least a small hand-held water bottle. When I was a novice and tried this it never turned out good and was a waste of a long run. Maybe some can pull it off but I don't see it being likely.
Also, there has to be someone on the trail that saw him. As a woman who mostly runs alone, I can say I notice everyone. On a weekend day there had to be many people out at the trail walking dogs or even some very dedicated individuals biking or running in the heat as well. Who has come forward to say they saw him that day?
I agree with everything you said. The one caveat is my running friends and I often go 45 minutes with no water in extreme heat. I would much prefer to run light than carry water and I hydrate perfectly for the other 23.25 hours per day. I am acclimated and have very dependable ways to get water at the end of the run or in the middle if I had an emergency.

I have heard 45 min was his planned length of run (about 6-8 mi), but I’m not sure he even planned to run, as you said. I lived in Berkeley and Pleasanton, and this weather was unusually hot even for Pleasanton. He is/was fit, but I don’t know why he’d choose to run at that time of day in summer when he has such better options: earlier, later, near the coast, even higher elevation up at Mt. Diablo. I live in Vegas so we don’t have a choice for 4 months.

These factors make me lean more toward some kind of unknown scenario: meeting up with someone, leaving town? I hope his family gets answers soon.

moo

I think in general after the situation with the woman missing in the Zion National Park and the controversy on the internet site where they raised money via solicitations for donations and whether the entire incident was simply some sort of ploy to raise money, people in general have become skeptical as to whether someone missing in the woods is really missing in the woods.

It seems odd to me that there was a Kreycik internet site set up to raise money via solicitations for donations yesterday in spite of the likely hundreds of thousands of dollars spent (and maybe more) the various 13 agencies have spent searching for him on the ground, in the air, with drones, with canine search teams, etc. Not to mention the hundreds of local volunteers that have invested hours of their times searching and handing out flyers.

Also, many businesses have stepped up to donate food and water and supplies as well as to replace a generator that the volunteer search team reported stolen.

A copy center made hundreds of missing persons handouts as a donation. Many other local residents printed hundreds of fliers at their own expense.

The school district allowed their high school facility to be used as an area to stage searches from for free.

The hotels in town have provided free rooms for the family members/relatives even though most live close by.

And now they are asking for monetary donations via the internet?
I noticed that goal on the funding site was just moved up from $50,000 to $100,000.

Hmmmmm…..

Could you expand upon what deviation you're referring to? I was under the impression that this run was pretty normal for him.
I’m not the OP, but he usually ran near home in the morning or evening in cooler weather and usually didn’t run twice in 16 hours, according to his Strava. moo

I wish the gentleman that ran with Phillip the night before his disappearance would divulge what was discussed.

At this point, the friend has declined commenting on their conversation, which leads me to believe whatever was said could be pertinent to his disappearance.

I agree. I don't see why this man would say he had more info but wouldn't share it UNLESS the info was something very personal and significant in nature. Otherwise he could've just said "We went running together last night and chatted about the usual, nothing special. Talked about our kids, upcoming races, the weather. He didn't express any extra stress or concerns."

So why the secrecy? Did PK share he depressed? Suicidal? Oftentimes high achievers are prone to depression due to their perfectionism and high standards. Did PK confide in his running mate that he wanted a divorce? freedom from his current life? Seems like this would be the most damning piece of info you wouldn't want shared with the public. I can't imagine what else it could likely be.

Had PK been working from home with his wife and children all home all the time? That sort of environment would be stressful for most people. Would be interested to know if the wife worked and if children were in daycare or at home. Maybe he couldn't take it anymore and confided this to the friend?

I’m not the OP, but he usually ran near home in the morning or evening in cooler weather and usually didn’t run twice in 16 hours, according to his Strava. moo
Trying to theorize that he may have left intentionally but without speculating on why or any details to stay within TOS -- if he did plan to leave, then the run in Pleasanton might have been an intentional misdirection, in other words he announced his plan to run there, and left his car there, to create a theory that something happened on the run, while he never intended to run there at that time at all.

All MOO and conceptual speculation...

I noticed that goal on the funding site was just moved up from $50,000 to $100,000.
Hmmmmm…..

Hmmmm, indeed!

To be honest, I would be too ashamed to ask people for money. I wouldn't be able to do it. At least not that much of a super-huge amount!

I think it's quite scandalous to even do so! Considering all the different police, SAR, dog teams, air searchers, local people, fellow hikers and runners and everyone else that has contributed so much for free and because if their duty and job.

It feels like they weren't enough and they can pay better people to find him. But there aren't any better people!

What could they possibly need this much money for?

I doubt it's going towards a reward for information on his disappearance!

If that's all, I don't see that as indicative of anything suspicious. If I were passing through the area anyway (wasn't he on his way to pick up family?), I'd like to take advantage of exploring a new area too. As a runner he probably couldn't resist checking out a new running trail, and it wasn't that out of his way, from what I can see.

If that's all, I don't see that as indicative of anything suspicious. If I were passing through the area anyway (wasn't he on his way to pick up family?), I'd like to take advantage of exploring a new area too. As a runner he probably couldn't resist checking out a new running trail, and it wasn't that out of his way, from what I can see.
The city of Pleasanton was operating a cooling center that day and it was so scorching hot that the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services was issuing alerts like ***UPDATED*** Statewide July Heat Wave Prompts Counties to Open Cooling Centers | Cal OES News along with multiple counties throughout the area. The Moller Ranch and Preserve aren't new the trails and they aren't Pleasanton Ridge trails. They are in HOA land in a neighborhood and don't connect to Pleasanton Ridge trails without trespassing through private property or off-limits EBRPD landbank areas. The real staging area for Pleasanton Ridge is further down Foothill Road (Castleridge). Plus there is one toward Sunol called the Foothill Staging area.

I personally don't think I would be choosing that particular day to check and explore a brand new set of trails alone in Pleasanton during the time of scorching heat all the while leaving my cell phone in the car.

Regarding the comments about raising $$ for the search...

Police have stated they will be looking into financials for clues and will follow the clues where ever they lead. For now I thing it's best to extend compassion and empathy to the family. They must be absolutely panicked and desperate, and with the SAR teams scaling back searches, they likely need huge funds to operate the kinds of searches they feel are necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheForgottenLives