CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've always kind of wondered about needing to "cool off"; sounds like it must have been a fairly heated argument although it played down right away so hard to tell...but cooling off is usually required after a very upsetting incident, IMO. If she was truly extremely upset, she may not have been as vigilant as usual while coming and going to her car; I wish we knew for sure she was in B&N, i.e. that the witness is positive it was her as then it would seem she had time to "cool off" before exiting the store. I guess LE must feel she was in there but I never trust eyewitness accounts. Especially in Northern Cal, which has a very high Asian-American population, unless the witness told LE he knew her by sight from B&N. Why, oh why, no cameras in parking lot...

In the article Nguyen says that when he spoke to Phoung Le at 6PM
"She was upset over a lot of things".

Doesn't that sound like she may have been stressed over more than just the
argument with her sister? If so, I wonder what.

On the subject of the argument with her sister, could someone explain to me
why Phoung was sooo irate about being asked to post some flyers for her.
I guess I missed something. Couldn't she just say no, I'm sorry, if she really
didn't want to do it? It sounds like she stormed out of the house and needed
to go somewhere to cool off. Why was she so angry?

Did those flyers need to be posted during her usual time for a rendezvous with Nguyen? That's the only reason I can think of.

One of the other things mentioned by Nguyen, as well as by others, is that she hadn't yet gotten a job after completing nursing school.

Very true.

I wonder, though, what percentage of the population in Fairfield is Asian. Where I live, Asians are very rare, so we stand out not only because of our ethnicity, but your common individual traits (height, weight, style of dress, mannerism, etc.).

In a place like Houston, TX, densely populated with a high percentage of minorities, Asians don't stand out near as much as they do where I live. A person less acquainted with Asians (or less observant) might have a more difficult time.

???

the SF bay area in general has a high Asian population.

ETA - i found this which says about %10 in Fairfield...

http://fairfieldca.areaconnect.com/statistics.htm

I was just wondering -- do you guys feel the cops know who murdered her?

In the article Nguyen says that when he spoke to Phoung Le at 6PM
"She was upset over a lot of things".

Doesn't that sound like she may have been stressed over more than just the
argument with her sister? If so, I wonder what.

On the subject of the argument with her sister, could someone explain to me
why Phoung was sooo irate about being asked to post some flyers for her.
I guess I missed something. Couldn't she just say no, I'm sorry, if she really
didn't want to do it? It sounds like she stormed out of the house and needed
to go somewhere to cool off. Why was she so angry?

Did those flyers need to be posted during her usual time for a rendezvous with Nguyen? That's the only reason I can think of.

Some people have hard time saying no to family members.
It appears she did not want to post the flyers but maybe couldn't refuse. I don't think it means anything more, some people get upset over little things.

Very true.

I wonder, though, what percentage of the population in Fairfield is Asian. Where I live, Asians are very rare, so we stand out not only because of our ethnicity, but your common individual traits (height, weight, style of dress, mannerism, etc.).

In a place like Houston, TX, densely populated with a high percentage of minorities, Asians don't stand out near as much as they do where I live. A person less acquainted with Asians (or less observant) might have a more difficult time.

???

The Bay Area in general has a very high concentration of Asians, I don't think there's many places around here where they would stand out at all. Go a little farther south and Asian descent is more the majority now than the minority.

Family, friends will hold a funeral for Suisun City nurse Phuong Le
Last updated 1 hr ago

The funeral for Phuong Le starts at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the Holy Spirit Church on 1050 North Texas Street in Fairfield. The family said the public is welcome to attend the services.

News10.net will have a live stream of the funeral.

http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=81709&catid=2

This is clock is set for 11am California time, and lists that time in other time zones:
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=19&year=2010&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&p1=224

BeanE

It's a lovely service. I feel terrible for all her family. They loved her so much. :(

It is lovely. I'm just so upset... Phuong should be starting her fulfilling new life as a nurse right now...she worked so hard for her goal. Instead she's having a funeral :-( My heart is breaking for her and her loving family.

It is lovely. I'm just so upset... Phuong should be starting her fulfilling new life as a nurse right now...she worked so hard for her goal. Instead she's having a funeral :-( My heart is breaking for her and her loving family.

It is awfully sad. She worked very hard. A promising career in front of her. Beautiful young girl just starting out. She would have been a wonderful nurse.

OMG! This has been so sad to watch/listen to. It's a beautiful service.

Rest in peace Nurse Phuong Le.

Such a beautiful family and the words are heartfelt and so very sad. I have tears for many this day.

I missed the live funeral service earlier today, but I did just go light a candle for Phuong.

May she rest in peace, and may whoever took her life be brought to justice. :rose:

Wishing peace and strength to Phuong Le's family and loved ones. I hope LE can move forward and make an arrest in this sad case very soon...

During the emotional funeral, police detectives were in the crowd.

"There were more than two detectives there," Fairfield Police Sgt. Joel Orr said. "However, we are not going to compromise or jeopardize our investigation by elaborating."

Fairfield police would only confirm that detectives were there "to observe."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37234172/

Wonder who they were watching? It might sound cold but when homicide attends the funeral...

Poor Phoung, I hope the detectives find justice for her...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back