Found Deceased CA - Rachel Nguyen, 20, & Joseph Orbeso, 21, Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, 27 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw Joseph's father has stated that on the 28th and 29th the Airbnb was rented out to a couple and their 2 teenagers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is from one of the first news reports. Looks like the same sunglasses.

Joseph Orbeso Sunglasses.PNG

We assume JO and RM were at JTNP on the day they disappeared because their car was there. If the glasses turn out to be JOs, all it proves is that they were there and that they did in fact go in the direction SAR suggested.

Where were the glasses found, exactly? We're these two just passing through, or are they still out there somewhere? What does it mean to have found his glasses, if they are his?

Btw Joseph's father has stated that on the 28th and 29th the Airbnb was rented out to a couple and their 2 teenagers.
Which location?

Newbie here....

So I was in Joshua Tree over July 4th weekend by myself (A little zen/get over a heartbreak) jaunt to an Air BB I had previously stayed at in February

I was absolutely stunned at how desolate and alone it was in the area. I was there 3 days and saw no one. I also got the eeebie jeebies at night there due to the isolation and an odd encounter I had coming into the town that Friday night....

I say this to ILLUSTRATE how truly alone this couple was on that trail.

Lastly, as a Manager who has plenty of 20 somethings in her portfolio, I can say that doing hallucinogenic drugs at Joshua Tree IS very much a thing. So I wouldn’t read into it too much that they Might have these.

Does anyone know if they've sent cameras down any of the mines?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Which location?
The one EW said he saw both JO and RN stay at for 6 days.
So EW saw 4 people, but none of those people that he saw were either RN nor JO. I'm glad that was verified by JOs father, now we can put that scenario to rest.

I'd really like to know exactly where those glasses were found and get it on a map.

Actually those particular glasses, Smooth Operator, aren't expensive. I found them online for $13.

You're correct.
They aren't wayfarers, because RayBan has it's logo on the lens. Also, the divet on the front isn't correct.
Source: me. I'm employed by a huge optical company (we own RB).

Sent from my HTC Desire EYE using Tapatalk

Doesn't look like JO had any social media presence which I find extremely odd for a 21 year old. The one Facebook link I've seen posted is for the wrong JO, correct?

Outside of the Airbnb profile, there is not a whole lot we know about JO. Was it confirmed that he stopped attending Cal State Fullerton prior to graduating?

If so, he may have been in a tough place trying to figure out his life plan.

She might also have been going through some things if she also stopped attending Cal State Fullerton.

Look at RN's social media presence, though. Seemingly outgoing, photos and excursions with friends. Seems in contrast to JO who is like a ghost.

Maybe he had a "bad boy" appeal that she liked. Hallucinogens were apparently found in the Airbnb rental.

I am just not getting a good feeling about this being as simple as they "got lost in the desert". The timing and circumstances of his earlier trip to the Joshua Tree area could be viewed as unusual. I also find it odd that two people (JO and RN) who aren't even dating go on this type of trip together.

I sincerely hope I am wrong. As a father who has taken hiking trips with my two boys to Joshua Tree, I feel extreme sadness for JO's father as he searches for his missing son.

You're correct.
They aren't wayfarers, because RayBan has it's logo on the lens. Also, the divet on the front isn't correct.
Source: me. I'm employed by a huge optical company (we own RB).

Misleading, prescription lens do not have rayban etched on the lens.

If someone lost a similar pair of sunglasses in the same area of park, would they step forward if they knew about this case?

I don't know desert destruction capabilities. What would the glasses look like if they had been there since these two disappeared? What shape would they be in if they were already out the before these two disappeared? What if they were dropped long after these two disappeared? Anyone know?

Misleading, prescription lens do not have rayban etched on the lens.
Untrue.
Our RayBan lenses do. You don't have to get the authentic prescription lenses, though.
However, the shape and silver divets on the glasses indicate they are not RayBans. Imo
Although, I was wondering about rx lenses for both. I'm usually the one that asks about eyeglasses/contacts.
Do we have any indication of either requiring eye wear? Sometimes that can show a planned vs unplanned leaving.

If someone lost a similar pair of sunglasses in the same area of park, would they step forward if they knew about this case?

I don't know desert destruction capabilities. What would the glasses look like if they had been there since these two disappeared? What shape would they be in if they were already out the before these two disappeared? What if they were dropped long after these two disappeared? Anyone know?
We use heat to mold the plastic when fitting glasses.
It depends on what type of plastic they're made of though as some less expensive types don't mold very well.
Imo, most frames would be extremely warped if left outside for that long in the desert. I've personally heated some up so much that they are like jelly.

Untrue.
Our RayBan lenses do. You don't have to get the authentic prescription lenses, though.
However, the shape and silver divets on the glasses indicate they are not RayBans. Imo
Although, I was wondering about rx lenses for both. I'm usually the one that asks about eyeglasses/contacts.
Do we have any indication of either requiring eye wear? Sometimes that can show a planned vs unplanned leaving.

According to JO's father he didn't wear Rayban.

"Devine spoke with Orbeso Monday morning asking if he thought the glasses belonged to his son. He told Devine that Joseph wore Armani glasses, but when he went on hikes he wore knock offs."

http://www.kesq.com/news/breaking-sunglasses-found-in-joshua-tree-national-park/626067507

Doesn't look like JO had any social media presence which I find extremely odd for a 21 year old. The one Facebook link I've seen posted is for the wrong JO, correct?

Outside of the Airbnb profile, there is not a whole lot we know about JO. Was it confirmed that he stopped attending Cal State Fullerton prior to graduating?

She might also have been going through some things if she also stopped attending Cal State Fullerton.

Look at RN's social media presence, though. Seemingly outgoing, photos and excursions with friends. Seems in contrast to JO who is like a ghost.

Maybe he had a "bad boy" appeal that she liked. Hallucinogens were apparently found in the Airbnb rental.

I am just not getting a good feeling about this being as simple as they "got lost in the desert". The timing and circumstances of his earlier trip to the Joshua Tree area could be viewed as unusual. I also find it odd that two people (JO and RN) who aren't even dating go on this type of trip together.

I sincerely hope I am wrong. As a father who has taken hiking trips with my two boys to Joshua Tree, I feel extreme sadness for JO's father as he searches for his missing son.

BBM. I find the younger generations are less and less using FB and using various other social media sites such as Instagram. Even Rachel hadn't posted to her Instagram since over a year ago. Maybe these 'youngin's' have a weariness on those before them and are finding there is more in the world than social media.

Btw there is a way that you can set your FB profile to be unsearchable and that could very well be the case.

I've also been out there many times and know the extreme dangers that are not far away if precautions aren't taken. It's a very bad way to go.

First, I agree with Force Ten that the lack of SM presence may not be as suspect as it seems. In addition to unsearchable Facebook, a lot of newer platforms are meant to keep users more visible to each other but not the outside (at least as easily).

And there were some articles early on that referenced both of them taking a break from school, which I said I found odd. Let me find one.

First, I agree with Force Ten that the lack of SM presence may not be as suspect as it seems. In addition to unsearchable Facebook, a lot of newer platforms are meant to keep users more visible to each other but not the outside (at least as easily).

And there were some articles early on that referenced both of them taking a break from school, which I said I found odd. Let me find one.

Won't let me edit my post... here's the link where it talks about both of them being former students: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ng-Hikers-Frustrates-Searchers-438432343.html

Won't let me edit my post... here's the link where it talks about both of them being former students: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ng-Hikers-Frustrates-Searchers-438432343.html

Thank you, AffirmationChick.

I was able to find JO's Facebook page:
https://m.facebook.com/KeyblademasterJo

RN is one of his FB friends. He also has another friend, Javy..., who appears to be in the Navy and makes a couple references to Japan in the few posts I was able to access.
Is possibly stationed in Japan. This might be Javier who was with JO in the Joshua Tree area two weeks prior to JO and RN's trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3