CA - Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death Revisited 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IANAL, but if these were sent to me, this is what I would highlight/ focus on.
The relevant language from the letter (last sentence on page 1 and the sentence on page 2):

To the extent that these records exist, they are investigative or security files of the AG and the DOJ, that are expressly exempt from disclosure pursuant to GC section 6254(f).

In the case of [...], the CSC held that investigative records in the possession of LE are exempt from disclosure. The Court also ruled that investigative documents did not lose their exempt status due to failure to prosecute, or the close of the investigation.

~~~~~~~~~~~

6254(f) Records of complaints to, or investigations conducted by, or records of intelligence information or security procedures of, the office of the Attorney General and the Department of Justice, the Office of Emergency Services and any state or local police agency, or any investigatory or security files compiled by any other state or local police agency, or any investigatory or security files compiled by any other state or local agency for correctional, law enforcement, or licensing purposes. However, state and local law enforcement agencies shall disclose the names and addresses of persons involved in, or witnesses other than confidential informants to, the incident, the description of any property involved, the date, time, and location of the incident, all diagrams, statements of the parties involved in the incident, the statements of all witnesses, other than confidential informants, to the victims of an incident, or an authorized representative thereof, an insurance carrier against which a claim has been or might be made, and any person suffering bodily injury or property damage or loss, as the result of the incident caused by arson, burglary, fire, explosion, larceny, robbery, carjacking, vandalism, vehicle theft, or a crime as defined by subdivision (b) of Section 13951, unless the disclosure would endanger the safety of a witness or other person involved in the investigation, or unless disclosure would endanger the successful completion of the investigation or a related investigation. However, this subdivision does not require the disclosure of that portion of those investigative files that reflects the analysis or conclusions of the investigating officer.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like this case law between the San Bernadino County Sheriff and the Daily Press triggered the addition of criteria to the FOIA over and above the CPRA to refine what is and is not subject to disclosure, and actually allowed more openness, if I read it correctly. However, it also reinforced the definition of what is protected.

Of course that last bolded portion is what they are hanging their hat on, because we all know the "investigation" was an elaborate ruse, and any "investigative files" would undoubtedly reveal all of the lies and cover-up. My take, but IANAL.

I am so sorry you keep hitting walls seeking justice for Rebecca.
I wish peace and healing for you and your family.

Burma, this is my first post on this exact thread, but I have been keeping up with this case since Rebecca was murdered (IMO). And I would like to sincerely offer my condolences to you and the rest of the friends and family and all of those who loved Rebecca. I will keep you all in my prayers and pray that Rebecca will get justice with the responsible party in jail. Keep Rebecca's voice alive.

Burma, this is my first post on this exact thread, but I have been keeping up with this case since Rebecca was murdered (IMO). And I would like to sincerely offer my condolences to you and the rest of the friends and family and all of those who loved Rebecca. I will keep you all in my prayers and pray that Rebecca will get justice with the responsible party in jail. Keep Rebecca's voice alive.
Thank you

Rebecca Zahau's Family Plans to File New Lawsuit in Wake of Coronado Mansion Death

A new legal development is looming Monday in the death of Rebecca Zahau, whose nude body was found hanging from a balcony of the Spreckels Mansion in Coronado in 2011.

Rebecca's sister, Mary Zahau-Loehner, and her husband, Doug Loehner, will be at the law offices of Greer and Associates in Rancho Bernardo on Monday morning to announce the filing of a new suit against the San Diego County Sheriff's Department, seeking to gain access to records connected to the investigation into the death of Zahau, whose nude body was found at the beachfront Spreckels Mansion she shared with her boyfriend, Jonah Shacknai, a pharmaceutical company executive.

Our complaint against the SDSD has been filed and our letter to the medical examiner's has also been sent. We are now waiting a for a response from the DA for a face to face meeting. We sent a request for a meeting on 7/16/20 and have not received a response, we sent a second request on 7/20/20 with out an attached file and still no response.

10-05-2020 Rebecca Zahau's family will be providing something new.
I am confident all will appreciate what we have been working so hard for.
All will see new insights into Rebecca's crime scene.

Last edited:
10-05-2020 Rebecca Zahau's family will be providing something new.
I am confident all will appreciate what we have been working so hard for.
All will see new insights into Rebecca's crime scene.

I can't wait to see it.

The injustice done to Rebecca pains my soul. From Day 1 I said there's no effing way she committed suicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back