CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so sad.
Do we know the ages of the three older boys in the home?
And , the post above references the children reading about Roman's death in a case manager's file. Do we know if all children appeared together in family/dependency court? I'm not familiar with CA law regarding how long the state can investigate guardians while keeping their children away (temp placement). The parents must have requested a hearing?
If I remember correctly, somewhere I read the older siblings (3 boys 1 girl) are teenagers.

A
If I remember correctly, somewhere I read the older siblings (3 boys 1 girl) are teenagers.
According to the biological dad of the older children, girl 17. According to a co-worker, 2 boys 13. Those are the older children and Lindsay’s biological kids. Roman was 11, Jordons biological son. Three younger kids, per that biological mom, girl 7, girl 2, boy 1. These are the kids they took out of state and had guardianship of.

Has this article been posted? I couldn't find a date on it.

Police state that Lindsey is not the deceased boy’s biological mother, who reportedly lives back East and was tracked down and interviewed by a TV station earlier this week. The biological mother reportedly told the broadcast reporter that she hadn’t had contact with Roman “for years.”

The Mountain Democrat learned Thursday that the biological mom may be on her way to Placerville, set to arrive later that day or Friday.

Dead boy's father identified by police; still no word on cause of death

The picture of Roman with the bruised wrists (I think they look like bruises..moo) appears to have been taken at school or a library...did teachers not notice? Was DHS ever contacted concerning this family...will have to go back through the thread.
I know in the state of Ohio school employees are mandated reporters, in my years in public education I have reported many times. This isn't a choice, you are compelled to report.

By JACLYN COSGROVESTAFF WRITER
JAN. 17, 2020

6:07 AM. A woman who described herself as the biological mother of 11-year-old Roman Lopez says she found out about her son’s death from an online article.

Rochelle Lopez, who lives in Wisconsin, told Sacramento’s KOVR-TV Channel 13 that no one had contacted her about Roman, who was found dead Saturday in Placerville, Calif.

She told KOVR that she was deployed to Iraq when Roman was a baby, and that she later dealt with addiction to pain medications. It is unclear when she last saw Roman.

“I told Roman that I would do everything I can do be with him again,” she said.

Police offer few details in death of 11-year-old Placerville boy

Another article interviewing Mom....

“I had to find out my son died from a news article. Nobody called me, his dad didn’t call me,” she said.

Rochelle Lopez, who lives in Wisconsin, says she lost custody of her only son to his father after she returned from military service in Iraq with post-traumatic stress disorder and an addiction to painkillers. Since then, she said, “I’ve been trying to follow him from state to state to state so I could be with Roman.”

Missing California boy Roman Lopez: Mom speaks of his death

I don't recall "where" I got this picture - I just had it saved on my laptop when I first saw it.... sorry! :( It was right in the beginning of the case - could be back a few pages - or... from an article! Yes, I'm old.... :)
No need to be sorry Niner, I appreciate that you blew them up! You do a lot for us here at WS :)

Okay - here's the picture of Roman in the library. I do believe they are bruises... light shadow does not have a black/blue hue to them in the rest of the pictures.
View attachment 226423

Left side of face:
View attachment 226424

left wrist:
View attachment 226425

right wrist:
View attachment 226426
Exactly, it appears
To be a bruise that is maybe a week old or so and healing up. The wrists are atrocious, I don’t know wnat to think of it. Not sure if its some sort of self harm (which i find unlikely, but not impossible, for an 11 year old) bruises or scratches. It is entirely possible he had some sort of eczema (sp) or some other skin condition and perhaps scratched alot, but I just don’t know.

‘We do not have the pathologist’s report and will not be providing any further information in reference to the autopsy,’ Placerville police said in a news release Thursday

Why would a pathology report take that long?
I thought it was a toxicology report that takes so long?
If a pathology report is needed perhaps he did pass of some sort of natural cause? I would assume they could rule out natural if it were homicide. If it were homicide there would be no reason to rule out abnormalities in tissue, cells, etc correct?

Last edited:
Exactly, it appears
To be a bruise that is maybe a week old or so and healing up. The wrists are atrocious, I don’t know wnat to think of it. Not sure if its some sort of self harm (which i find unlikely, but not impossible, for an 11 year old) bruises or scratches. It is entirely possible he had some sort of eczema (sp) or some other skin condition and perhaps scratched alot, but I just don’t know.
My kids had exzema as children, and it tended to be in irregular patches. I can't imagine it would show up in perfect rings around the wrists, unless it was some kind of allergic reaction to bracelets or shirt cuffs or something?

I think it is more likely it was rope burns. Maybe even from playing around with siblings?

If a pathology report is needed perhaps he did pass of some sort of natural cause? I would assume hey could rule out natural if it were homicide. If it were homicide there would be no reason to rule out abnormalities in tissue, cells, etc correct?
I think they do a pathology report even in cases where there might be visible injuries present. They still want to do a forensic pathology report to see if there are any other extenuating circumstances.

They might find evidence of malnutrition, for example, which would be another complication.

My kids had exzema as children, and it tended to be in irregular patches. I can't imagine it would show up in perfect rings around the wrists, unless it was some kind of allergic reaction to bracelets or shirt cuffs or something?

I think it is more likely it was rope burns. Maybe even from playing around with siblings?
possible! The rash theory. My daughter would get rashes from belt buckles and ironically her scarring looked just like that! Only on her belly.

Last edited:

possible! The rash theory. My daugher would get rashes from belt buckles and ironically her scarring looked just like that! Only on her belly.
I think they do a pathology report even in cases where there might be visible injuries present. They still want to do a forensic pathology report to see if there are any other extenuating circumstances.

They might find evidence of malnutrition, for example, which would be another complication.

Oh ok, That is understandable

Heavy sigh. This sweet boy has melted my heart, and I luv his name.

I’m partial to boys as I was lucky enough to have one child, a boy, grown now. I have always enjoyed being his mom and know how sweet sons are at this tender age.

Roman, Harley, the Todt family.......the madness just never ends.

RIP Roman. I wish I could have helped u get a happier life. You deserved it.

Heavy sigh. This sweet boy has melted my heart, and I luv his name.

I’m partial to boys as I was lucky enough to have one child, a boy, grown now. I have always enjoyed being his mom and know how sweet sons are at this tender age.

Roman, Harley, the Todt family.......the madness just never ends.

RIP Roman. I wish I could have helped u get a happier life. You deserved it.
I am partial to boys as well, I grew up being a tomboy,having two older sisters and a younger brother. I enjoyed raising my two sons....and I look at Roman's cute face and wonder what did he like to do, what were his hobbies. He looked very loveable. So sad his life was cut short. RIP sweet boy!

Hopefully, the other children will talk about the way things were in that house with a Roman. Rules, discipline, reward. Maybe Roman was a picky eater. Maybe food was withheld from him. The other children would know about the inner workings of that household. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth