CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My kids had exzema as children, and it tended to be in irregular patches. I can't imagine it would show up in perfect rings around the wrists, unless it was some kind of allergic reaction to bracelets or shirt cuffs or something?

I think it is more likely it was rope burns. Maybe even from playing around with siblings?
Did Roman have a history of trying to run away? Was he restrained at night to prevent that happening? If yes, why did he feel the need to run away??

In considering the possibility that natural causes may have come into play (I guess anything is possible), was Roman not seen by a physician to address any anomalies in his health? Had any recent blood work been done? Soooo many questions.

Did Roman have a history of trying to run away? Was he restrained at night to prevent that happening? If yes, why did he feel the need to run away??

In considering the possibility that natural causes may have come into play (I guess anything is possible), was Roman not seen by a physician to address any anomalies in his health? Had any recent blood work been done? Soooo many questions.

I think if it were natural causes,why was he not found at home,or why wasn't he somewhere obvious. I would rather think his death was due to natural causes,but I am not feeling that.

I think if it were natural causes,why was he not found at home,or why wasn't he somewhere obvious. I would rather think his death was due to natural causes,but I am not feeling that.
I'm not feeling it either. I don't believe Roman died of natural causes. Dying of malnutrition is not natural. It's neglect and neglect is abuse. I agree with LE. It's suspicious. IMHO it is very, very suspicious. He appears abused to me. Abuse comes in many forms. He may have suffered them all. Turning a blind eye to abuse is in and of itself, abuse. All MOO.

Last edited:
Very good points addressed here.

I haven't read anything in MSM that Roman was prone to runaway. However in the SACBEE article posted upstream it was stated he ran away. That is what they told LE.

With that being said I'm praying the AR is completed sooner than later with a MOD/COD and warrants issued. MOO

Justice for Roman.

My kids had exzema as children, and it tended to be in irregular patches. I can't imagine it would show up in perfect rings around the wrists, unless it was some kind of allergic reaction to bracelets or shirt cuffs or something?

I think it is more likely it was rope burns. Maybe even from playing around with siblings?
my imagination may be working overtime but if you look closely at the mark on his right wrist to me it looks like the shape of a bruise made by a hand and fingers.

Natural causes may be at play, but he reportedly disappeared between midnight and 6:00 am. It’s unlikely he snuck out alone in the middle of the night then coincidentally dropped dead of natural causes.

If he died naturally, then somebody removed and hid his body. The only reason I can fathom why someone would do that is a guilty conscience.

my imagination may be working overtime but if you look closely at the mark on his right wrist to me it looks like the shape of a bruise made by a hand and fingers.

I don't think your imagination is working OT because I noticed the exact same shapes as well. Frankly there was a lot to see in the various photos of Roman.

JMHO

Natural causes may be at play, but he reportedly disappeared between midnight and 6:00 am. It’s unlikely he snuck out alone in the middle of the night then coincidentally dropped dead of natural causes.

If he died naturally, then somebody removed and hid his body. The only reason I can fathom why someone would do that is a guilty conscience.

I do not believe Roman would be wandering around after midnight in new surroundings. Besides how would he exit the home without anyone else hearing him? The house was very small for 2 adults and 8 children. One would naturally think someone would hear him or even possibly see him.

I would believe anyone discovering Roman was unresponsive in his bed 911 would immediately be called.

JMHO

It looks to me like that Roman was extremely hypermobile in this picture.

And it appears to me, IMHO, that he may have had a connective tissue disorder (CTD). Perhaps even a vascular type of a CTD. Which if this diagnosis isn’t caught/diagnosed before the age of approximately 20 the mortality rate is almost inevitable. Unfortunately. :(

IMO this potential diagnosis explains his extensive bruising as well as his facial characteristics appearance; e.g. thin lips, small chin, thin nose, large eyes.

The potential vascular CTD diagnosis would also explain why a pathologist is working on/needed for this case & NOT a toxicologist.

And I say all of this bc I too have a genetic connective tissue disorder that causes extensive, long lasting bruising as well as chronic dislocations & subluxations (partial dislocations), fragile/stretchy skin that heals VERY slowly from all injuries & wounds & very fragile organs. As well as many other awful things....yay said by no one with a g-CTD ever.

People with CTDs don’t necessarily have autism. In fact most of them don’t. In the last 5 generations in my family who has this genetic defective/faulty collagen disorder only 3 of us were/are on the spectrum (3 out of dozens & dozens of us, if not hundreds...it’s very late & I can barely keep my eyes open, let alone just think of all of my distant relatives who have this genetic disorder...which also means I won’t be able to correct my grammar, punctuation or spelling. Which I sincerely apologize for right now. :( ..)

I am definitely NOT saying that he wasn’t abused nor am I saying that he was abused.

All I am saying is that not everything is as it seems.

PS: If this potential idea of a genetic CTD has already been discussed, please feel free to delete. I haven’t read the entire thread yet.

Attachments

• F40569D8-EB72-45BD-A7FB-B7589F196B45.jpeg
    F40569D8-EB72-45BD-A7FB-B7589F196B45.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

And it appears to me, IMHO, that he may have had a connective tissue disorder (CTD). Perhaps even a vascular type of a CTD. Which if this diagnosis isn’t caught/diagnosed before the age of approximately 20 the mortality rate is almost inevitable. Unfortunately. :(

IMO this potential diagnosis explains his extensive bruising as well as his facial characteristics appearance; e.g. thin lips, small chin, thin nose, large eyes.

The potential vascular CTD diagnosis would also explain why a pathologist is working on/needed for this case & NOT a toxicologist.

And I say all of this bc I too have a genetic connective tissue disorder that causes extensive, long lasting bruising as well as chronic dislocations & subluxations (partial dislocations), fragile/stretchy skin that heals VERY slowly from all injuries & wounds & very fragile organs. As well as many other awful things....yay said by no one with a g-CTD ever.

People with CTDs don’t necessarily have autism. In fact most of them don’t. In the last 5 generations in my family who has this genetic defective/faulty collagen disorder only 3 of us were/are on the spectrum (3 out of dozens & dozens of us, if not hundreds...it’s very late & I can barely keep my eyes open, let alone just think of all of my distant relatives who have this genetic disorder...which also means I won’t be able to correct my grammar, punctuation or spelling. Which I sincerely apologize for right now. :( ..)

I am definitely NOT saying that he wasn’t abused nor am I saying that he was abused.

PS: If this potential idea of a genetic CTD has already been discussed, please feel free to delete. I haven’t read the entire thread yet.
That’s an interesting take on things - I assume based on the hypermobility displayed by his fingers? My daughter is hypermobile (giving a thumbs up, her thumb is practically sideways/against her hand) but no other genetic issues so it’s also possible perhaps he was simply just hypermobile. Interesting angle though.

Regardless, he was found outdoors and, I believe, somewhat or totally covered/hidden (MOO). This suggests to me something more nefarious is at play.

That’s an interesting take on things - I assume based on the hypermobility displayed by his fingers? My daughter is hypermobile (giving a thumbs up, her thumb is practically sideways/against her hand) but no other genetic issues so it’s also possible perhaps he was simply just hypermobile. Interesting angle though.

Regardless, he was found outdoors and, I believe, somewhat or totally covered/hidden (MOO). This suggests to me something more nefarious is at play.
I agree with @UnapologeticallyAspie that there may have been an underlying disease but that does not preclude something nafarious either, as you stated. In the pics we've seen Roman appeared to be wasting & bruised. Most loving parents when they see an unexplained decline in their child's health and/or appearance immediately seek medical attention. Anything less is neglect and as I wrote earlier, neglect is abuse. Had he been found deceased in his bed, a parent would call 911 immediately, UNLESS, they had something to hide. Now if they suspected he ran away, I ask myself "Why?" The mother claims how he enjoyed being part of a large family because "you're never alone," yet, he wants to run away and be alone?

The narrative given raises many red flags because things don't fit. Actually, many things don't make sense and when that happens, it usually means someone is lying and attempting to cover something up. Once the pathology report is released, we'll be closer to knowing the truth around Roman's sad life & death.

"When things don't add up, truth was never part of the equation." JMHO

Wow, thank you for sharing your story and a possible explanation for the bruising. If not CTD, then I suspect some other issue will be revealed.

The step-Mom & Dad did a fairly extensive interview right after Roman was found. Not one mention of Roman having a health issue? If he did have CTD or some other health issue, wouldn't you think they would have stated that? Instead we heard about bagels & cream cheese. Color me very confused ...

Wow, thank you for sharing your story and a possible explanation for the bruising. If not CTD, then I suspect some other issue will be revealed.

The step-Mom & Dad did a fairly extensive interview right after Roman was found. Not one mention of Roman having a health issue? If he did have CTD or some other health issue, wouldn't you think they would have stated that? Instead we heard about bagels & cream cheese. Color me very confused ...
I think, well I know that having a CTD isn’t always known. My CTD is like what Fibromyalgia was in the medical world 30+ years ago.
I didn’t even find out about mine until I was 37. My family didn’t know even know that they had a CTD themselves until after I was diagnosed. My genes had to be tested.
If Roman does indeed have a genetic CTD the family probably didn’t know bc it is a VERY very rare disorder. Especially the vascular type (it’s like 1 in 100,000 people have that particular type).
This thought was just that, a thought.

Yeah absolutely, you definitely could be right! Roman could have just been hypermobile without any form of any genetic JHS (joint hypermobility syndrome). Thanks for pointing that out! :)

And that’s cool! On a side note can she do any of the maneuvers of the Beighton score? And/or hypermobile in wrists? No need to answer I am just curious & can send you a message or vice versa.

Attachments

• 504FC5FF-FD86-4296-A9FF-7B8DC7D38876.jpeg
    504FC5FF-FD86-4296-A9FF-7B8DC7D38876.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 81C86F88-A8BF-41F3-A7CE-5969C9DD357F.jpeg
    81C86F88-A8BF-41F3-A7CE-5969C9DD357F.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 115
I agree with @UnapologeticallyAspie that there may have been an underlying disease but that does not preclude something nafarious either, as you stated. In the pics we've seen Roman appeared to be wasting & bruised. Most loving parents when they see an unexplained decline in their child's health and/or appearance immediately seek medical attention. Anything less is neglect and as I wrote earlier, neglect is abuse. Had he been found deceased in his bed, a parent would call 911 immediately, UNLESS, they had something to hide. Now if they suspected he ran away, I ask myself "Why?" The mother claims how he enjoyed being part of a large family because "you're never alone," yet, he wants to run away and be alone?

The narrative given raises many red flags because things don't fit. Actually, many things don't make sense and when that happens, it usually means someone is lying and attempting to cover something up. Once the pathology report is released, we'll be closer to knowing the truth around Roman's sad life & death.

"When things don't add up, truth was never part of the equation." JMHO
I completely agree that neglect is a form of abuse.

After my father died, my mother stopped allowing me to come to dinner, took away my mattress (I slept on an old box spring - the kind with wood slats), and allowed me to come and go as I pleased with zero parental oversight (I was 12 when he died). I had no heat or hot water on my side of the house, while my brother and step siblings did. While she was also emotionally and at times physically abusive, the neglect alone was enough.

Ironically, my stepdad was a psychiatrist and you’d think he would have stopped some of this, but no. I was the IP (identified patient), essentially the black sheep of the family that allowed our “family” unit to “function”. Perhaps Roman was, too.

Roman looks sickly to me, and perhaps it’s my own experiences as a child coloring my views, but I absolutely believe at the very least, he was being neglected.

I completely agree that neglect is a form of abuse.

After my father died, my mother stopped allowing me to come to dinner, took away my mattress (I slept on an old box spring - the kind with wood slats), and allowed me to come and go as I pleased with zero parental oversight (I was 12 when he died). I had no heat or hot water on my side of the house, while my brother and step siblings did. While she was also emotionally and at times physically abusive, the neglect alone was enough.

Ironically, my stepdad was a psychiatrist and you’d think he would have stopped some of this, but no. I was the IP (identified patient), essentially the black sheep of the family that allowed our “family” unit to “function”. Perhaps Roman was, too.

Roman looks sickly to me, and perhaps it’s my own experiences as a child coloring my views, but I absolutely believe at the very least, he was being neglected.
Wow, I’m sorry this happened to you. No child should feel unwanted and yet so many do and are reminded they are a burden in some way to their family. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth