CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t get it to play :/ what was being said?
Some quotes from the video (keep in mind this was published 3 months ago):
"The pathology report is still not complete because the lab's been waiting, at least a month, for more information from Placerville PD."
"[A former coroner said] a full complete autopsy report [gets finished] within 4 to 6 weeks. [...] Six months...that's unacceptable."
Basically, for the criminal investigation to go forward, LE needs the autopsy report. For the lab to finish the autopsy, they need additional information from Placerville PD. At the time of this video, PD has not released said information.

I'm mystified at the lack of progress in Roman's case. People allude to the fact minor's may be involved, I get that. There would be special consideration to privacy in the investigation. But there would still be progress? Maybe there is but it's taking place in juvenile court? Help me out those versed in these kinds of legal matters.

For reference, this case involved a 12 year old minor, but was public -https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ca-leila-fowler-8-murdered-12yo-charged-valley-springs-27-apr-2013-4.209439/page-52

I'm mystified at the lack of progress in Roman's case. People allude to the fact minor's may be involved, I get that. There would be special consideration to privacy in the investigation. But there would still be progress? Maybe there is but it's taking place in juvenile court? Help me out those versed in these kinds of legal matters.

For reference, this case involved a 12 year old minor, but was public -https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ca-leila-fowler-8-murdered-12yo-charged-valley-springs-27-apr-2013-4.209439/page-52

That Valley Springs murder involving a minor is also the first case that I thought of. It is hard to believe that it was seven years ago, as I remember the details of that tragic sibling murder so well.

It’s been 10 months since an 11-year-old boy, who weeks before had moved to Placerville with his family, was reported missing and hours later was found dead.

The investigation into Roman Lopez’ death continues.

Placerville Chief of Police Joseph Wren on Monday told the Mountain Democrat a “very active, suspicious death investigation” involving several different law enforcement and forensic agencies is still ongoing.

Police hold out for 'clear understanding' in boy's death

Nice picture of Roman.

Roman-Lopez-229x300.jpg

It’s been 10 months since an 11-year-old boy, who weeks before had moved to Placerville with his family, was reported missing and hours later was found dead.

The investigation into Roman Lopez’ death continues.

Placerville Chief of Police Joseph Wren on Monday told the Mountain Democrat a “very active, suspicious death investigation” involving several different law enforcement and forensic agencies is still ongoing.

From the article you posted, dated Nov. 20, 2020:

"Now 45 weeks later Placerville police officials say they are still not ready to reveal details about Roman’s death, including who found the body, under what circumstances or the findings of an autopsy performed Jan. 14."

Where the other children in the home ever removed, or are they still there?
All 7 of them were originally removed.

Meanwhile, Child Protective Services took the seven children inside the home into protective custody, the three youngest under their legal guardianship, according to court records.

Then some of them, I believe the 3 youngest, went back to Michigan.

“They are dealing with state lines. There were other children in the home that had to go back to Michigan,” Jabs-Ellenburg said.

Placerville Boy Roman Lopez's Disappearance And Death Still A Mystery After 6 Months

Not sure if it has been reported where the rest of them are now.

All 7 of them were originally removed.

Meanwhile, Child Protective Services took the seven children inside the home into protective custody, the three youngest under their legal guardianship, according to court records.

Then some of them, I believe the 3 youngest, went back to Michigan.

“They are dealing with state lines. There were other children in the home that had to go back to Michigan,” Jabs-Ellenburg said.

Placerville Boy Roman Lopez's Disappearance And Death Still A Mystery After 6 Months

Not sure if it has been reported where the rest of them are now.
This is the link for when they took the seven children into protective custody.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article239365078.html#storylink=cpy

Neighbors say the family has since moved back to the Midwest.

"Roman Lopez’ family is no longer living in the Coloma Street home but they are still living in California, according to a spokesperson for the family."

I didn't see anything in the article about moving back to the Midwest, but I did find the above quote in the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee