CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has now been 16 weeks since the Placerville Police Department stated on Feb. 24 it would take approximately 4-6 weeks for the coroner to complete tests and release resultant findings on the autopsy of young Roman Anthony Lopez. It is believed the boy died at or near 2892 Coloma St. where Roman and seven other children apparently were living when the 11-year-old was reported missing Jan. 11.

Whether his body was discovered in the house or near the property was never disclosed for reasons unknown, just one of many “unknowns” in the case.

Why the continuing delay in informing the public about the cause of death? What’s in the pathology report and how are police officials going to “spin” this so as to keep the public further in the dark?

Placerville police — a department of delays and unanswered questions

Sounds like it is time for some answers.

Thanks Jo for the article. I’m glad to see some pressure applied to the police dept over Roman’s death. It looks like it’s working with the chief stepping down. Maybe some progress will be made now. Hopefully.

Makenzie Sessioms is possible case where perp was juvenile. Not a word or hearing for a very long time MOO not sure I've spelled that correctly
And that case was definitely an assault. In cases where kids just play too rough and something happens that amounts to what adults would call negligent homicide, it doesn't get recorded the same way. It happens more often than you think. Near me just last year something like five kids having a sleepover in a barn burned up, one escaped with no injuries. No further news coverage.

I wish some eager young reporter would glom onto this case and pester LE until they make some kind of statement, even if the statement is there will never be any additional information released. The community deserves at least that much rather than waiting for news that will never come. JMO

Last edited:
You can sure try, but it's bottled up on the LE/ DA end. There has been some turmoil that is mentioned in previous threads. This may be all the public is going to know.
Still in my thoughts and prayers, Roman and family MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member