CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few small details the two videos I listed just above:
  • Torture charges carry a life sentence, child abuse 2-6 years, poisoning 2-5 years
  • Child abuse experts consulted both in CA & NY
  • Jordan Piper has retained an attorney, David Brooks, with thirty-five years of criminal defense experience: David Allen Brooks #119250 - Attorney Licensee Search
  • Lindsey Piper told the judge she cannot afford outside representation so she'll be assigned a court appointed attorney
How about a life sentence + 11 years + 5 years parole. I was really hoping for 156 years ala Frazee but you can’t always get everything you want I’ve been told.

Especially if he didn't know about the poisoning, it makes the most sense.
I don't really have any reason to believe he didn't know, but it's certainly possible.
So, benefit of the doubt and all that.

jmo

I think you're right. I'm sure that's the angle Mr. Brooks is going to push in Jordan's defense. In the first video I posted at about 0:39 into it the reporter says that the Pipers were sitting side by side but didn't look at each other once.

There is nothing I can or will say outside of what’s been made public, but I will ask of you all to trust the process. There is nothing off or suspicious about how this has gone thus far. Just keep this precious child in your prayers!

There is nothing I can or will say outside of what’s been made public, but I will ask of you all to trust the process. There is nothing off or suspicious about how this has gone thus far. Just keep this precious child in your prayers!
Good to see you on the thread @riolove77. Hope you stick around. Cheers!

The Pipers are back on the calendar for tomorrow in department one at 1:30 pm.

1 PIPER, JORDAN THOMAS
HEARING RE: PPX Setting,02/09/2021,13:30,1, (Pre-Dispo) PIPER, JORDAN THOMAS 1 1-F273A(A) PC 1:30 PM
2/9/2021 P21CRF0062
2 PIPER, LINDSAY MARIE
HEARING RE: PPX Setting,02/09/2021,13:30,1, (Pre-Dispo) PIPER, LINDSAY MARIE 1 1-F273A(A) PC 1:30 PM
2/9/2021 P21CRF0062
T. Pappas

El Dorado Courts - Calendar

Tuesday, February 9th:
*Preliminary Hearing for both (@ 1:30pm PT) - CA – Roman Anthony Lopez (11) (last seen Saturday morning Jan. 11, 2020, found later in evening, Placerville) – death is being investigated as suspicious. *Lindsay Marie Piper (38) “stepmother” arrested (2/3/21) & charged (2/4/21) with 1 count of willful cruelty to child possible injury/death & causing cruel & extreme pain for revenge & extortion of sadistic purpose, 1 count of torture & 1 count of willful poisoning/etc. food/etc. Plead not guilty. $1.3M bond.
Piper willfully & unlawfully mingled a poison & harmful substance with food, drink, medicine & pharmaceutical product & placed a poison & harmful substance in a spring, well, reservoir & public water supply.
*Jordon Thomas Piper (35) “father” arrested (2/3/21) & charged (2/4/21) with 1 count of child abuse likely to cause injury or death & causing cruel & extreme pain for revenge, extortion or sadistic purpose, 1 count of torture & 1 count with willfully failing to provide food, shelter & medical attention to the child. Plead not guilty. $1.5M bond.
Police said the seven children living in the home were placed into protective custody as the investigation continued. Sutkay’s (Bonnie & Clyde’s) three biological children (7 (girl), 2 (girl) & 1 (boy), who were living there after a Michigan court granted Lindsay Piper guardianship of the kids in July 2019) in the Coloma Street house Placerville police confirmed. Lindsay Piper has 4 older children (3 boys (15 & twin boys age 13) & 1 girl (17)) from a previous marriage. Roman was Rochelle (Shelly) Lopez’ child. Jordon is bio dad of Roman & Lindsay is Roman’s stepmother. Placerville police on Thursday (2/4/21) revealed that “investigators located Roman deceased inside a storage bin in the basement” of the Pipers’ home. He was seriously malnourished & dehydrated at the time of his death.
2/4/21 Update: Lindsey & Jordon Piper were arrested & charged. Arraignment hearing on 2/8/21. 2/8/21 Update: Father & stepmother plead 'not guilty' for the death of Roman when they were in court on Monday. No additional charges were added. Jordan Piper has retained an attorney, David Brooks, with 35 years of criminal defense experience. Lindsey Piper told the judge she cannot afford outside representation so she'll be assigned a court appointed attorney. The Pipers are expected back in court on Tuesday, Feb. 9 for a preliminary hearing at 1:30pm.

Especially if he didn't know about the poisoning, it makes the most sense.
I don't really have any reason to believe he didn't know, but it's certainly possible.
So, benefit of the doubt and all that.

jmo
If he didn't know, then he was a negligent and ignorant father....JMO....but it was obvious, from seeing recent pictures, that his son was malnourished and ill. Did he ever take him in for treatment of any kind?

These people disgust me. And the fact that they stayed together and lived their lives like nothing happened disgusts me even more.

Maybe neither one of them feels any guilt. Sometimes these kinds of people find each other. So there was no reason for one to "leave" the other, no matter what happened. IMO.
All of those poor children.

Maybe neither one of them feels any guilt. Sometimes these kinds of people find each other. So there was no reason for one to "leave" the other, no matter what happened. IMO.
All of those poor children.
Well, it would appear from yesterday’s video appearance that they won’t even look at each other anymore. No doubt LP is a little miffed her hubby can afford an experienced attorney while she must rely on a public defender. Not knocking public defenders, at all. I don’t envy either attorney in this case having to defend the indefensible. :mad:JMO

Have been lurking since the beginning.

Glad he is finally getting justice, albeit too late.
Would JP able to claim he had no idea due to work commitments? How many hours of work would his type of work involve?
I'm just heartbroken that he knowingly let her hurt and starve him. I'm sure LE wouldn't have charged him without enough proof of his involvement. Why would a father do something like this is beyond me. Moo

Also,if they are married then financial assets would be shared, wouldn't they? Why can just JP afford attorney, bit surprised but have no idea how it works in US.

Have been lurking since the beginning.

Glad he is finally getting justice, albeit too late.
Would JP able to claim he had no idea due to work commitments? How many hours of work would his type of work involve?
I'm just heartbroken that he knowingly let her hurt and starve him. I'm sure LE wouldn't have charged him without enough proof of his involvement. Why would a father do something like this is beyond me. Moo

Also,if they are married then financial assets would be shared, wouldn't they? Why can just JP afford attorney, bit surprised but have no idea how it works in US.
I'm wondering about that too? The only thing I can think of is they are either not legally married, or at some point one of them filed for a legal separation? Maybe someone else with more knowledge will chime in.

These two are clearly liars, maybe they weren't legally married and were scamming social services for benefits and money all these years?

@Bogyo13 stated: Glad he is finally getting justice, albeit too late.

Also,if they are married then financial assets would be shared, wouldn't they? Why can just JP afford attorney, bit surprised but have no idea how it works in US.[/QUOTE]

Wondering the same. Good Questions, me thinks. JMO

Edited by me.

Parents charged with abuse, poisoning in 11-year-old's death

ETA: Add disclaimer

OP received the attached Criminal Complaint from Thomas Frey, Editor of Placerville, CA's Mountain Democrat via direct email after he was unable to drop the pdf document in a Tweet. <modsnip>

• PIPER, JORDAN THOMAS P21CRF0062-1 2/3/2021

• PIPER, LINDSAY MARIE P21CRF0062-2 2/3/2021

From March 1, 2018 to the day he died?! Almost 2 years he had been going through this? :( I wonder where they got the 3/1/18 date from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dane_Fall