CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished going through all 526 people listed on the Soc. Sec. Death Index with a DOB of 12-23-56, in case Rose had married and her name changed... but there is no Rose or Lena or R.L. that has died with that birth date.

I want to be on the e-mail list. I have been following this case since day one. Thanks!! I will PM you my e-mail addy, I think I have it blocked.

OK, everyone that wants on the email list for letters or info I receive, email me at christine2448@charter.net and I will add you to the Rose Cole group list and send you anything I get. Then ya'll can weed through and post pertinent sp?stuff.

I love you all! Thank you all for working so hard on finding Rose.

I just checked on the California Department of Justice website, and it says the following:

FEATURED UNIDENTIFIED PERSON. There are currently over 2,100 reports of unidentified persons in our automated database. Periodically, we will be providing photographs or drawings of selected cases.
I am almost certain all 2,100 of those are not listed on the NCEMC website. That means there are many unidentified persons in California that we are not familiar with. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do with this information?

http://caag.state.ca.us/missing/index.htm

Just sent out first email to you all, it contains 7 emails I rec'd today.

Post what you think is important, thanks, I just don't have time :)

HeartofTexas said:
I just checked on the California Department of Justice website, and it says the following:

I am almost certain all 2,100 of those are not listed on the NCEMC website. That means there are many unidentified persons in California that we are not familiar with. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do with this information?

http://caag.state.ca.us/missing/index.htm
Is there any way to see more of the unidentified or does it just show the featured?

From what I could tell, 5 of the 7 have already been posted. Here's #6:

6th email

Maybe Rose visited Tomales Bay - maybe her entry date was way before
the letters she wrote - I can't see that they would have let her

write home as soon as she came in - usually newcomers had to wait a
while before writing home, I think 3 months. I had been rotated to
Oakland to await being rotated to the Boot Camp - I worked the early
kitchen shift, 5 ayem to 1 peeyem, same as she describes in her
letter, however I went up to the Boot Camp, shortly after arriving in
Oakland? Maybe she took over my shift in the dining room? Maybe she
came up to the wedding in People's Park? So, either she came in
earlier than her letters, and I saw her in Oakland or maybe a field
trip came up - or a field trip went down to Oakland to "recruit" in
our "dress blues." I only know I've seen her face, and I remember
her, so does Karen. It is 34 years ago! She mentions in her letter
that a "Rick" gamed her, which caused her to split. Rick XXXX?
Rick XXXXX? Rick XXXXXX? Rick XXXXXXXX? Rick XXXXX? Rick
XXXXXXX? All of those Rick's were in TBA!
Whatdyathink?
I assume "gamed her" means he made a pass at her?

Rainbow, I only saw one featured, and searched the site for more, but that was it. That's what makes it difficult to figure out how to know who the other 2,100 are.

HeartofTexas said:
From what I could tell, 5 of the 7 have already been posted. Here's #6:

I assume "gamed her" means he made a pass at her?
No hot, I think it's the game again.....read up on the Game...you'll understand.

rainbow said:
Is there any way to see more of the unidentified or does it just show the featured?

About the only way to do that is to click on Missing Person Search, then when the search field comes up, enter either male or female, leave the other sections blank and hit enter. That brings up all the entry's of that gender.

ladyhawk said:
Hi,
Hope I'm not reposting any information. Did anyone happen to view the pictures from the synanon museum? Here's one that I found, it's an ad with a few residents on it.
http://www.synanon.org/Synanon/Museum/PhotoDB.cfm?PID=2427
Check out the girl in the ad.
Debbie
Hiya Ladyhawk...this link takes me to the front page of site, doesn't not have an ad....can you link directly to the page, or tell me exactly where it is, I can save and post it.

I don't even see a girl... just a large building. No doubt a Synanon building, but it isn't marked, so I don't know what it is.

Hi again,

This one was taken around 1973 look at the 3rd girl left to right.
Museum_02273.jpg

Hope I'm allowed to paste this here.
Debbie

Here is a pic of rose on Left, and picture of girl on Synanon Poster on right....looks like her.....doesn't it?????

3be5.jpg
poster.jpg

There's a resemblance, in a more mature sort of way. But what about all of the accounts of Rose having long wavy hair? I guess they could have cut it off.

HeartofTexas said:
There's a resemblance, in a more mature sort of way. But what about all of the accounts of Rose having long wavy hair? I guess they could have cut it off.
hot, you can't really tell in the pic how long her hair may be, could be much longer back and floating over her shoulders to the back. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horrorgirl87