CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes he is its great to have le on websleuths so that they can share information and help us and stuff. still trying to get into synaon not working out to well. they know something they must. i go to the public website and i have to click on the box to say im a real person what is that about..? i wish i knew more on the game and how they operated when someone tried to leave or something.. i wish i knew some code words to get into the website

Smile, I think you may want to quit trying to get in there. So many of us have tried to get in there that they are definitely suspicious of all of the people asking about Rose. That place is locked up tighter than Fort Knox, so I don't think we're going to gain access to their information. Thanks for trying, but it's probably best we just leave that avenue alone for now.

The Colleen McNamara (sister of Claire McNamara) that we located before (who had married) is not the Colleen we're looking for. The SIL's sister called Colleen, and it was the wrong one.

If anyone has any extra time, can you try to locate any records on a Claire McNamara, or a Colleen McNamara, from Flint, Michigan. Claire is the one that Rose wrote to while she was in Synanon.

Thanks.

The current Coroner for Marin County was an Investigator at this office in the 1970's. He recalls the Synanon group out in Marshall, which was located in northwestern Marin County. There were 2-deaths at that location in the mid to late 70's that he could recall. He also recounted how all the women who resided on the compound had to shave their heads, which somehow showed their alliegance to the group. The women also wore long robes. Many of them came to the San Rafael Civic Center in the 70's for sit-in protests - etc...

Maybe some of you know about other Jane Doe cases in the country with shaved heads? Could be an interesting homework assignment for someone.

Here's one that had a shaved head. It doesn't mention it in the Doe description but a newspaper article from 1980 said she was found with a shaved head (except for a small round spot). Not sure why Rose would have been in Minnesota, but I'm sure anything is possible.

"Blue Earth" Unidentified Caucasian Female

Discovered on May 30, 1980 in Blue Earth, Faribault County, Minnesota.
She was a victim of homicide
Estimated date of death was 3 - 7 days prior to discovery
State of Remains: Moderate to severe decomposition

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 20 - 35 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 128 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair. Left ear pierced. Brown hair. Both feet heavily calloused.
Dentals: Slight overbite. Dental records available.
Clothing: No clothing located.
Fingerprints: Left thumbprint available.
The Doe Network: Case File 183UFMN
Agency Case Number: 80-000-335
NCIC Number: U-464525869

Case History
The victim's body was found in a drainage ditch on Interstate 90 near the Bricelyn Exit. The perpertrator, Robert Leroy Nelson, was an on-duty Minnesota State Patrol trooper who lured the apparent hitchhiker and confessed to the crime nine years later.
Nelson, currently serving a life sentence in Texas in connection with brutal sexual assaults on other victims and his own children, admitted to the murder and under hypnosis provided authorities with some details about the victim, including tossing her black purse into a nearby grain storage facility. The purse was never found. He described her as wearing a T-shirt, blue jeans, hooded sweatshirt, Army fatigue jacket and carrying a black leather purse and possibly wearing a gold ring with a pearl and small diamond inset. He further revealed that prior to the victim's death she had talked about the Milwaukee, WI area and thought she may have been traveling to Oregon or Idaho.

Faribault County Sheriff's Office 507-526-5148

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/183ufmn.html

Anne (AWagner) might be able to help with this... she has a database that lists this type of info.

Also some of the "unknown" hair listings could be because there wasn't much hair to get snagged on anything?

I'm sure the answer to this is posted somewhere already but I don't remember where :eek:

When do we know for sure the last time she was heard from? 1972?

Also I will gladly spend some time searching for her friend Claire McNamara.

She was last heard from in February of 1973 via a letter she wrote on her birthday (December 23, 1972) but didn't mail until she found a stamp a couple of months later. Not a single word from her since then. She ran away from Syanon in December (I think) and to best of the family's knowledge was living on the street.

Any help on finding information on Claire will be greatly appreciated. The biggest obstacle we have to finding females from that timeperiod is that they have since married (one or more times) and changed their names.

HeartofTexas said:
The biggest obstacle we have to finding females from that timeperiod is that they have since married (one or more times) and changed their names.
I may be stating something that everybody already knows, but I have found school reunion sites such as Classmates.com and Reunion.com valuable for finding married females by their maiden name. They usually list themselves by the maiden name (the name that everbody in school knew them by), then also list their married name. Using that info, I can then usually find them through Zabasearch or similar sites.

I have found Emerson Junior High on classmates. What do ya'll think about me emailing some people from the same attending years to see if anyone knows Claire or Colleen?

Wow, I cannot believe that this was not the right Colleen McNamara. Who would have thought that there could be 2 in the same county. Now I am really down. I thought for sure that would help us to find Claire. I searched for hours the other day on Claire and found nothing. Oh well, back to searching some more. I think that maybe I did see a Colleen Mcnamara at classmates but didn't pursue it after I thought that I had found her.

HeartofTexas said:
The Colleen McNamara (sister of Claire McNamara) that we located before (who had married) is not the Colleen we're looking for. The SIL's sister called Colleen, and it was the wrong one.

If anyone has any extra time, can you try to locate any records on a Claire McNamara, or a Colleen McNamara, from Flint, Michigan. Claire is the one that Rose wrote to while she was in Synanon.

Thanks.

I know, Shadow... I was disappointed, too. But I just searched for Colleen McNamara's in Michigan and there are a TON of them. Who knew it was such a popular name! We've run into a lot of deadends, but we'll just keep plugging away. I'm currently searching for class reunions around 1975 for Northern H.S. in Flint. Not too much luck so far, but what the heck!

I have found Emerson Junior High on classmates. What do ya'll think about me emailing some people from the same attending years to see if anyone knows Claire or Colleen?
Rainbow, that sounds good. Go for it.

Also, I've just gotten an email from the SIL and she says there were two more sisters (besides Claire and Colleen)... Marleen (how the SIL spelled it, but I would guess it's Marlene) and Ann. Don't know if that will help but maybe we'll run across one of them in Classmates or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member