CA - Sam Haskell, 35, arrested after woman's torso found in a trash bin in Encino LA, Tarzana, wife & two adult family members missing, 8 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From what I understand it all happened in one long day. I am pretty sure Mom took the kids to school or to the bus.

Maybe SH tied up or injured his in-laws while his wife was gone? Then he jumped her when she returned?

I don't understand how he'd have enough time to 'fill the bags' so quickly?

Could he have killed his in-laws in the middle of the night? Lots of those homes have little apartments/guest houses in the back part of the yard. Maybe he began his crime spree while his family slept. The wife and kids probably get ready for school in the morning early and don't necessarily expect to see the in-laws before school?
Unbelievable carnage. :(

I guess we are also making the assumption they were all dismembered. Maybe that's not true?? If only one was dismembered, that does save some time. What the heck happened in that home?

jmo

Unbelievable carnage. :(

I guess we are also making the assumption they were all dismembered. Maybe that's not true?? If only one was dismembered, that does save some time. What the heck happened in that home?

jmo
Maybe he hadn't really finished the job? It was said that LE found 'body parts' in the home. So maybe he just did what he could do and that;'s alll.

I am terrified to think what his plans were for when the young children came home after school?

Maybe he hadn't really finished the job? It was said that LE found 'body parts' in the home. So maybe he just did what he could do and that;'s alll.

I am terrified to think what his plans were for when the young children came home after school?
Thank goodness for the day laborers and homeless person for doing the right thing. They might have saved the kids' lives for all we know.

jmo

"New surveillance camera footage shows a man struggling to lift a large black bag into a dumpster in California, where a woman's dismembered torso was later discovered by a homeless man rooting through the trash. "

"New surveillance camera footage shows a man struggling to lift a large black bag into a dumpster in California, where a woman's dismembered torso was later discovered by a homeless man rooting through the trash. "

wow---I don't understand the timeline at all.

This article said the homeless man found the body in the dumpster at 6 am!

So SH had to bring it there, as seen in the DM video, by 5:45 am or so. Where were his kids at that time? If that torso belongs to his wife, where were the kids and how did they get to school???????

And that means the 3 Latino construction workers picked up the bodies and returned them before 5:30 am????

I don't get it.

So SH had to bring it there, as seen in the DM video, by 5:45 am or so. Where were his kids at that time? If that torso belongs to his wife, where were the kids and how did they get to school???????

And that means the 3 Latino construction workers picked up the bodies and returned them before 5:30 am????

I don't get it.
Maybe he dumped the bag the day before?

We really need to know WHEN each of the three were last seen.

The murders might have been staggered over time??

Ugh, I want to make a timeline!

jmo

I don't get it.
Thinking aloud, after my last post. Maybe he called the day laborers AFTER having trouble lifting the bag at the dumpster. Might as well hire guys to do that heavy lifting for him??

Also, is that the grandpa's vehicle? I am not good at ID'ing cars but grandpa has a Tiguan that isn't where it normally is.

jmo

Here's what we need to fit into place, not necessarily in this order

* Murder three adults.
* Dismember at least one, if not two or three adults. The torso found is so damaged it cannot be identified as of yet.
* Get three kids to school. Who normally does this? Who did it on that day?
* Drive to a dumpster and throw the bag with a torso into it.
* Hire a crew to haul away other bags with body parts.
* Crew discovers what is in bags and leaves them at the house.
* Crew goes to the police station in person.
* Get rid of grandpa's car.

I'm sure we'll add more puzzle pieces, but that's what I have for now. But they aren't fitting together yet.

jmo

'Nov 11, 2023 #Hollywood #Filmindustry
The son of a prominent Hollywood executive is in custody on suspicion of killing his wife, while his in-laws remain missing. Detectives retrieved an unidentifiable body from a dumpster and police say surveillance video led them to the suspect's home.'

'Haskell IV is currently in jail on $2 million bail, police said. His case is not currently docketed in Los Angeles County, according to a review of court records. Law enforcement are currently searching for and have requested the public’s help in locating the defendant’s wife, Mei Li Haskell, 37, and her parents, Gaoshan Li, 71, and Yanxiang Wang, 64.'

The suspect’s father, Sam Haskell, III, is the former executive vice president and worldwide head of television for the storied William Morris Endeavor Agency, the oldest talent agency still running. He moved on from that company in 2005 and is currently the head of Magnolia Hill Productions, which has produced several Dolly Parton specials and a Netflix series. Mary Donnelly Haskell was crowned Miss Mississippi in 1977 and she went on to appear in several TV programs, including “7th Heaven” and “Days of Our Lives,” as well as many Christmas-themed movies.

The elder Sam Haskell has been nominated for four Emmy awards. He won in 2021 for outstanding Television movie for “Dolly Parton’s Christmas on the Square.”

11/7/23 @ 7:30pm, Tuesday - Investigation began it was reported that body parts were in bags outside the home. When LE arrived the bags were gone. (4100 block of Coldstream Terrace, Tarzana, CA)

11/8/23 @ 6:15am, Wednesday - Homeless man reported women's remains in a dumpster near Ventura Blvd & Rubio Ave., Encino, CA

Last edited:
The younger Haskell is a director and producer who has worked with A-list celebrities, including Tyga and Machine Gun Kelly, the DailyMail.com reports. However, he reportedly expressed frustration on social media after failing to achieve his father’s level of success.

In recent TikTok videos on an account linked to Mr Haskell Jr, he complains about his “unhappy, bitter, resentful” resume.

Days after the suspect's arrest, audio recordings obtained Friday may shed new light on the case.

The night before the female's torso was found, the recordings reveal officers were dispatched to the Haskells' home for reports of a possible body. In the audio, a dispatcher is heard saying that the person reporting the crime was outside the LAPD Topanga Station. (This is the report by the Latino day workers)

"The radio call on Nov. 7 at about 5:30 pm involved a suspicious bag that possibly contained human remains. When the officers responded, nothing was located," LAPD Det. Efren Gutierrez said Wednesday at a news conference.

The LAPD hasn't confirmed details on who made that initial call, but say when they returned to the home Wednesday they found blood inside.

Elle Benami, a neighbor of the family members, spoke with Eyewitness News and said police told her and another person, who is friends with Mei Li Haskell, that body parts were found inside the Tarzana home. Investigators say no body parts, aside from the Encino dumpster discovery, have been found.

The day the investigation at the Tarzana home began, LAPD Gutierrez spoke at a news conference where he briefly described what was found inside the home.

"Here in the house, once officers made entry, what was discovered was evidence of a crime, including some blood evidence and other items that I'm not going to provide at this point," said Gutierrez.

Ha! That white work van came at just the right time!! You can see the van pause in the lot after he passes by the dumpster, that must have been when he thought to take a picture of the plate of the car!!

This guy was such an idiot, thank goodness. Cell phone pings will likely help LE pinpoint his stops - assuming he had one with him. Maybe even the vehicle if it has GPS activated?

The suspect stage name is Samuel Basshinger here is his Business website the office is on the same block as where the dumpster is located Home

News outlets also report after his arrest the police picked up the kids from school that day. So the kids have been attending school Monday- Wednesday they must of heard or seen something.

Last edited:
For what it's worth ...
From that link: when the torso was found, "his wife, Mei Haskell, 37, had already been reported missing along with her parents."

Is that accurate? Who reported them missing and when?

jmo

Ha! That white work van came at just the right time!! You can see the van pause in the lot after he passes by the dumpster, that must have been when he thought to take a picture of the plate of the car!!

This guy was such an idiot, thank goodness. Cell phone pings will likely help LE pinpoint his stops - assuming he had one with him. Maybe even the vehicle if it has GPS activated?
Random people really stepped up! The dayworkers, homeless person, and random driver in the parking lot.

How did he manage to hide two vehicles?? From the link: "The Haskell family had two white SUVs - a white VW Tiguan and a white 2014 Nissan Pathfinder are both missing."

All this took TIME, plus he had three kids at home. I remain baffled how this all went down.

jmo

The suspect stage name is Samuel Basshinger here is his Business website the office is on the same block as where the dumpster is located Home

News outlets also report after his arrest the police picked up the kids from school that day. So the kids have been attending school Monday- Wednesday they must of heard or seen something.
Samuel Basshinger is his TT page as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChewieXM
Back