CA-Sandra Cantu, 8 missing 3/27/09 from Tracy,#1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the address of Sandra's home listed on any of the media clips?

Help me out here - still learning - when I look at RB (RSO) in red under the "no photo available" - it says "incarcerated" yet it also says that the registrant may have subsequently relocated. Do you take this information to mean that he is still in prison or he has been recently released and has relocated and the information just hasn't been updated?

He isn't listed under here either Registered sex offenders in Tracy, California

Welcome 2Step - hoping and praying that they find this little girl safe.

http://tracypress.com/content/view/17670/2268/

popular Tracy martial arts instructor who had his home and business searched Monday night said today that he was “just trying to be nice” when he kissed the missing 8-year-old Sandra Cantu on the lips two years ago.

Frank Wohler, 60, who runs the Delta Kajukenbo School of Self-Defense, had his office at 4220 Commercial Drive searched by at least four people at about 7:30 p.m. Monday night.

there are pictures at the article linked of FW. Also his business was the one searched last night.

Wohler said they took CDs containing pictures and his cell phone from his office and several items from his home that he declined to identify.

his description of the Sandra encounter and how he knew her

He said he knew Sandra and that the girl would come over to his yard occasionally, asking if he needed help with small jobs around the garden.

When asked after Wohler finished teaching a martial arts class today about a report that he kissed Sandra at the mobile swimming pool two years ago, he said, “Yeah, it was me. We were in the pool, and I was just trying to be nice.”

Then he added, “I don’t think I should talk to you anymore

parents of other children that attend the school have been interviewed and several have asked if they should take their children out of the school. The business has won many awards

They are interviewing everyone. Inappropriate boundaries will not be tolerated with children anymore. This FBI in Cali (TG I live here), is on the ball!!

Newbie but lurker from long ago (Laci Peterson case) here. I just registered here today to post a big THANK YOU from a Tracy resident. I don't know Sandra or her family, but my heart is breaking for them, and for the community that is now living in fear. (Very few kids were out walking to/from school yesterday and today, even though the weather was beautiful. :cry: ) Thank you for supporting the family and for "sleuthing" all that you can from where you are.

~2step in Tracy
Just wondering how can there be a "person of interest" in a "disappearance" at the same time as there is "no evidence to support an abduction?"

I don't get the difference in statements either. And welcome to WS!

I wonder how easy it would be to record something on your own CCTV but change the time stamp to make it appear to had just happened?

Has anyone here checked our priors for the immediate family...Grandpa in particular? I'm just saying, we only have his word that someone else slashed his tires...if a person was afraid a little girl was going to tell some secret or something, maybe he set up the slashing as an excuse to get the CCTV, then used it to show her walking away so no one in the home would get blamed when she "disappeared".

Dad sounds genuine to me. Mom was too upset to be intervied at first. Everyone is different, but I would have been so upset that you couldn't stop me from talking. I wonder is she suspects someone close but the thought of it being a close family member is too much for her to handle?

I could be completely on the wrong track, but IMO when a child is missing, all avenues must be explored ASAP!

Susan

I haven't read beyond this post yet but I can say that most mhp like this do criminal checks on all adults before they can buy, or rent. However, they don't do background checks on family and friends who come to visit, and even stay a few days. It's a security that isn't really secure, but it makes people feel safe, which is one reason that likely the kids were free to roam around inside the park. jmo

added note; those home are so close together that it would be a miracle if anyone had any secrets.
It is so rude to put those homes so close together imo. a pet peev of mine I guess. It's worse than an apartment complex because they can see in each others windows and no yards to speak of at all. People can get pretty grouchy living that close, ie the gp cat control problem.

I would love to read the probable cause for the search warrants.

I hear ya, Q! I mean a kiss on the mouth and you get your business ripped apart, your clients interviewed and contemplating leaving, your stuff taken...... I. Don't. Buy. It. There has got to be more to it than that.

ETA: not that the kiss was not wrong.... but we do not know anything about the incident except "kiss on the mouth" and no report was filed by her parents. This guy said that Sandra would come by his yard and help him garden... If she was out wandering feely around the park who knows who had access to her.... it is absolutely sick to even ponder all the possibilities! Man I hope this one continues at the speed it is and doesn't slow down like so many of them tend to do. This community has got to be terrified!

:Welcome-12-june::winkaway: 2step! (or welcome back I should say)
I cannot believe what you must be going thru right now. Do you feel like LE is onto something solid with the two POIs? Again, welcome back and sorry your community has to be enduring this right now.

As far as the POI's...I have only heard/read the same info as you all have. I'm just REALLY glad that the FBI is here now. Tracy PD is great, but the FBI would have resources that our smallish town would not. Our community has been put thru the ringer the past few months. The day that Sandra disappeared, we were mourning the loss of an Oakland Police Officer who was from Tracy. The recessional (? coming back into town) was here at about the time that Sandra disappeared. Many of our PD were part of the funeral...I have to wonder if somehow that emboldened "someone" to do "something." :frown:

Welcome 2step! Sorry but "just trying to be nice" yuck! If some 60 year old man kissed my daughter i would be in jail. Sorry for rant but the comment he made and the fact that the parents did not report it irritates me.

And some people think I am crazy for watching my children like a hawk. They are my world and I can't imagine having one of them missing. I read about all of these abductions and murders and I know that I am not wrong for wanting to know exactly where they are 24/7.

I pray for this little girl's safe return to her family.

O/T: I thought my mom was way over protective and I resented her for that. My friends had a lot more freedom than I did... but now I totally get it! So :blowkiss: to all you great mom's out there!!

I hear you VB, I have an 10 year old daughter as well, and live in a large planned community. Our house is on a little cul de sac and everyone thinks I am so strict with my children. I do allow my 8 year old to walk on the street behind mine to visit with her friend, but only after I have checked to make sure she has the cell phone in her pocket and a whistle around her neck. We also have a code word that must be used if anyone was to aproach her somewhere and say her dad or I wanted her and they were supposed to pick her up. Even if it's her Aunt...grandma...neighbor....whoever, if they don't say the word she doesn't go with them and she must blow the whistle.

Last night on NG, when they were showing the pictures of this angel my heart was just breaking. We are losing too many of our children. I will pray Sandra is not one of them.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nahum Diaz – Neighbor
Janet Anderson – Cousin
Candice Vega – Cousin
Simone Chavez – Sister
Jose Chavez – Grandfather
Kadie Wales – Neighbor
Lisa Sughayar – Neighbor
Daniel Cantu - Father
Angie Chavez- Aunt
Dolores Chavez – Grandmother
Maria Chavez – Mother
Katherine Borba – Family friend
Maria Diaz – Neighbor
Miranda - Sister
Thomas Fortin - Brother

Just a list of who everyone is

By Jennifer Wadsworth
Tracy Press
Updated: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:40 AM PDT
Police say they are confident that missing 8-year-old girl Sandra Cantu is still alive as they begin to search from 11th Street to Interstate 580 in Tracy.Investigators continue to sift through 150 tips and review surveillance video, and will search from 11th Street to Interstate 580 as the hunt for the missing girl enters its third day.

At a press conference that ended about 1:45 p.m. Monday, Sgt. Tony Sheneman said authorities are confident Sandra Cantu is still alive — because there's no evidence to the contrary.

Police have used bloodhounds and other search dogs in a widespread effort to find the Jacobson Elementary School second-grader, he said. And investigators are still viewing hours of surveillance video taken by merchants along West Clover Road, where the girl's home at the Orchard Estate Mobile Home Park sits. more at link: http://www.lodinews.com/articles/2009/03/31/news/10-missing_090331.txt

It's my understanding that all 6 locations searcged were in relation to the 2 POIs. Is that correct?

They are interviewing everyone. Inappropriate boundaries will not tolerated with children anymore. This FBI in Cali (TG I live here), is on the ball!!

That man gives me the creeps. Not one man ever kissed my girls on the LIPS because he was trying to be nice :furious: If that had ever happened and I was told about it that guy better hope he can run faster then me. Sounds like a pervert to me. Old men do NOT go around kissing little girls on the mouth. I'm glad LE are searching everything he owns.

Does anyone know if Texas Equusearch is involved?

I wonder if this family is even aware that Tim and Co exist? So many people aren't. It doesn't seem like LE contacts Tim as much as the families of the missing do. I hope someone tells this family about them.

I watched Sandra's mom on Nancy Grace last night and I just felt so sad for her. Sandra is such a pretty little girl and so loved by her family. They know that the chances are good that she was picked up by someone...a someone who isn't Mr. John Q citizen. I imagine they are terrified as to what is happening to that little girl. I know I would be. I hope they find her alive. Days are flying by and that is not a good thing. Maybe we will have a miracle this time.

This is the first I heard she had a fifteen year old brother. I read she had three sisters that lived with her, her mom, and her grandparents. Where does this brother come from?
I was wondering how old her sisters are and if they have boyfriends. Also it is doubtful a 5 year old friend would understand running away, as in escaping a home life, but I hope LE has ventured into the family dynamics....

Last night on Nancy G the mom said that Sandra has one older brother and two older sisters. The boy is probabably the oldest child. The mom didn't say how old the kids are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay