CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched it again (on NG I recorded - sorry I don't have that link you're looking for) and I can't see anything like a dress or skirt either. I couldn't even see something like a shirt with a ruffle on the bottom.

I'm curious what everyone else thinks when watching it again specifically looking for a skirt or dress.

I am interested in that as well. Not so that I can know what she was wearing, but it concerns me that there are so many interpretations regarding the description of her clothes. Might not have affected the eventual outcome, but it could be a teachable moment for LE.

I interpretation of leggings... knitted tubes that I would put on my calves during ballet class. Looking at the picture I can see that its something entirely different.
I don't see any dress/ skirt... but when I think skirt or dress I'm seeing something that is going to at least be hitting a young girl at least midway between her hip and knee. I can see what is meant though looking the video.

Question: I would think that putting socks and flippers would be a difficult thing to do on a lifeless body... could that imply a warped sense of concern for Sandra?

OT: Nancy has Girl Scouts on! I always sold at least 100 boxes of cookies every year, went to camp, had all the badges.

The links to pressers have been being posted on the first page of each thread. However, I don't think those statements are mutually exclusive. I believe she was wearing the Hello Kitty shirt in the video and that was also the shirt she was found in.

There was a good one Nursebeeme always refered us to with all the old pressers...I'll have to try to figure out which it was. Anyone know?

Does someone have a video of the press conference held when the speaker made the statement about clothing that she was wearing when she was found? I have heard two answers: 1. that she was wearing the same thing as in the video and 2. she was wearing the pink Hello Kitty shirt. Please can someone help me with a link to the presser? Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking it would be someone with some upper body strength, enough to carry 60 lbs in a suitcase. Does the pastor look capable of that?
It's possible.

My father is 78, and he can carry an old 10 HP Evanrude outboard across a yard and hand it up to me over the side of a full sized pick-up.

I found a link to the striped dress:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29970655/

The same phrase is in some other links I found also, but they are all part of the article, not a quote from LE. It's like one person got the phrase, and they all copied it into their articles. Frustrating.

It isn't a quote from LE so I'm still leaning toward what he said last night in the presser...at least until I can verify that it was reported by LE. Anyone have a link to a quote from LE stating dress or skirt? TIA!

Good catch Nora, I still wonder why the Sgt didn't mention the striped dress? He leads us to believe then she wasn't really fully dressed, right? I do expect LE to be nitpickers for detail so can't see him forgetting to mention it :rolleyes: xox

IIRC there were more than one LEOs moving the suitcase from the pond. That may be why the plural "killers" has been used. Because of the weight involved.

I would think that it would be difficult regardless of. Opens up the possibility that there would be transfer from the crime scene etc. to the case that may survive in a scratch on the case.

It's possible.

My father is 78, and he can carry an old 10 HP Evanrude outboard across a yard and hand it up to me over the side of a full sized pick-up.

After watching the youtube video of the weight-lifting granny, I know it's possible, but my 67 yr old father-in-law couldn't. And he was a Green Beret in his younger days. Bless his heart.

I am interested in that as well. Not so that I can know what she was wearing, but it concerns me that there are so many interpretations regarding the description of her clothes. Might not have affected the eventual outcome, but it could be a teachable moment for LE.

I interpretation of leggings... knitted tubes that I would put on my calves during ballet class. Looking at the picture I can see that its something entirely different.
I don't see any dress/ skirt... but when I think skirt or dress I'm seeing something that is going to at least be hitting a young girl at least midway between her hip and knee. I can see what is meant though looking the video.

Question: I would think that putting socks and flippers would be a difficult thing to do on a lifeless body... could that imply a warped sense of concern for Sandra?

OT: Nancy has Girl Scouts on! I always sold at least 100 boxes of cookies every year, went to camp, had all the badges.
You are thinking of leg warmers. Leggings are more like footless tights, but they are of thicker material and can be worn as pants, capri-style but tighter.

Have a good night everyone :seeya:

Prayers for Sandra's family and LE that they are able to make an arrest tomorrow. :praying:

100 boxes? You were an awesome girl scout. I never got close to that! LOL

What my girls and their friends call leggings are almost like tights without feet, but thicker so they can be worn as pants (Hannah Montana wears them all the time.) The knitted things I haven't seen much of lately so I don't know what kids call them today, but in the 80's we called them "leg warmers."

It really is strange they can't get the outfit correct. If people were looking for her, makes you wonder if they missed anything because they heard a different description!

IIRC there were more than one LEOs moving the suitcase from the pond. That may be why the plural "killers" has been used. Because of the weight involved.

IMO if it had wheels it would be easy to move to the scene. After it has sat in the pond it's waterlogged and heavy, plus they would want to be extra careful with it, no dropping or picking up debris. Keeping it off the ground is critical.

I would think that it would be difficult regardless of. Opens up the possibility that there would be transfer from the crime scene etc. to the case that may survive in a scratch on the case.

It took 6 men to remove bag BUT it was soaked with water, dead weight and maybe weighted down with bricks or something..........body gases can release enough to help float when water was drained........

I saw no playground area outside at all. If you get on google maps street view, it doesn't show one. However, those shots can be very old even a couple of years or so.
Google Earth Street view for that area says they're from 2007.

Hi Lurkeyloo, Can you do a favor and look at it again to see if she is wearing a skirt, or is it a dress. I was going to go back to all those 'skipping' photo posts to look, but you probably have better eyes than I do.

I still think it odd the Sgt only mentioned tights and a shirt as to what she was dressed in when found. Ta

I took from the article that the dress was in the bag????

This is also the link to the presser videos. In last nights presser - I believe toward the end of the questions - he is asked about what she is wearing. I think the reporter asks a couple questions to clarify.

Video of Sandra can be found here: http://www.fox40.com/pages/search_for_sandra

Look to the right of the page. There is a video box and a series of videos under it. Sandra's video was on page 8 when I just scrolled through it.

Salem

Ok, I see what you are saying. However, I didn't think LE would seal anything, since they need to collect evidence off the luggage, the tape may interfere??? Once they collect something of value I know they seal the evidence bag. I don't know...we need another presser.

PS...Scandi I was born and raised in Oregon, nice to see someone living there on here... :blowkiss:

----
Could it be that they sealed the body bag that the suitcase was put into and the bag was to be unsealed by the ME?

Aren't you sweet! You could have gone with the age thing and made me feel really bad!

No way dude! Do you think that you will be able to do any of the recordings like you did for Haleigh?

I wish that we had separate threads for Sandra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyOfDragons