CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The letter most likely was written by someone trying to be "poignant". It was in poor taste and took LE's time plus resources away from finding Haleigh's killer.

Oh...that is an interesting article!! Could be someone coming back to relive his deed. Wow.

Suspicious sighting near Tracy
http://www.kcra.com/news/19146854/detail.html
"SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY, Calif. -- The FBI is investigating a suspicious sighting where the body of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu was found this week.

A Stockton police cadet said he spotted someone parked in the wrong direction on the rural road where her body was discovered inside a piece of luggage. He said the driver was acting very strange."

So who owns a beige Chevrolet Silverado truck?

Actually it was not FBI who said that, but rather Joseph Pollini, deputy chair of the law and police science department at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, who is not related to this case and commenting on what has been publicly disclosed. I should add that he handled the kidnapping and cold-case units during his 33 yrs with the NYPD.

Link to article that quotes Pollini.
http://cbs13.com/local/sandra.cantu.relatives.2.980088.html

I read the info from a totally different source, and the source was identified in the media as FBI. I don't care to argue the point with you.

I went through all the photos listed on the photo page and didn't find one. I did notice there are photos on other threads not on the photo page tho!! Keep searching...

there are a LOT of photos that need to brought over from the general threads! There is so much valuable info posted in them. I have been working on bringing over all the media links and am almost done...

"SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY, Calif. -- The FBI is investigating a suspicious sighting where the body of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu was found this week.

A Stockton police cadet said he spotted someone parked in the wrong direction on the rural road where her body was discovered inside a piece of luggage. He said the driver was acting very strange."

WOW Wfgodot, That is BIG I think. Could we ask for anything more in trying to nail this killer? A police cadet who lives right there close. I bet the killer is squirming a bit this morning, eh?

I think you could be right too SS. A week goes by and the killer feels this compulsion to revisit the scene of the crime. That is a fact that killers do this. At least SK's do. The Green River Killer consistently revisited his bodies, even to having sex with the bodies way after their death.

Let us hope this is the beginning of the end in solidifying the case for LE. xox

I noticed this in the comment section:
KNUCKLEHEADS MC wants to reach out to the public and the motorcycle community. We are going to host a support ride AT:
10am APRIL 16th
Tracy Sports Complex
955 Crossroads Drive
Tracy, CA 95376
We will be collecting donations for Sandra and the family for more info contact KNUCKLEHEADS MC 209.221.9268

That's nice! Bikers are good people. :)

I went through all the photos listed on the photo page and didn't find one. I did notice there are photos on other threads not on the photo page tho!! Keep searching...

SS Do you recall what happened a few years ago on Good Friday?? Laci Peterson was found. I am hoping it turns into a Good Friday again with an arrest

WOW Wfgodot, That is BIG I think. Could we ask for anything more in trying to nail this killer? A police cadet who lives right there close. I bet the killer is squirming a bit this morning, eh?

I think you could be right too SS. A week goes by and the killer feels this compulsion to revisit the scene of the crime. That is a fact that killers do this. At least SK's do. The Green River Killer consistently revisited his bodies, even to having sex with the bodies way after their death.

Let us hope this is the beginning of the end in solidifying the case for LE. xox

He was probably checking to see if she had surfaced.

LE can plug in Chevy Silverado Beige into the DMV registrations and see what comes up in that area, can't they?

there are a LOT of photos that need to brought over from the general threads! There is so much valuable info posted in them. I have been working on bringing over all the media links and am almost done...

So who owns a beige Chevrolet Silverado truck?

Hi Suzi, Evidently it isn't anyone we know about in the case as our sleuthers are so fine they would know right away who owned it. xox

Too bad we don't have a local who can sleuth the DMV records on that make of a car. How many can there be in Tracy that are beige? The police have to know who owns this truck, right, as it would pop right up in their DMV search IMO.

I keep thinking about a weapon and what could have been used and if the killer, being disorganized, would put it in the bag, not realize it could be traced back to him or disposed of it separately from the bag. xox

Hi Suzi, Evidently it isn't anyone we know about in the case as our sleuthers are so fine they would know right away who owned it. xox

Too bad we don't have a local who can sleuth the DMV records on that make of a car. How many can there be in Tracy that are beige? The police have to know who owns this truck, right, as it would pop right up in their DMV search IMO.

I keep thinking about a weapon and what could have been used and if the killer, being disorganized, would put it in the bag, not realize it could be traced back to him or disposed of it separately from the bag. xox
Sgt. Sheneman said afterward they had not found the "instrument" so this would indicate it was not found inside the bag.

To my knowledge, they can't trace vehicles based on make and color. They would need the vehicle identification number, the tag number, or the decal/sticker number in order to trace it back to the owner. In some states, a name can be used to connect an owner to a specific vehicle.

Hmm..need to go to the police blotters on this one sleuthers - I recall reading a report on the blotters about a Silverado with a small child in the back - okay, we need to hunt this one down. I cannot recall the details so off to search it out.......

FoxNews is again insisting, "Detectives are close to arresting the calculating killer of an 8-year-old California girl," but I don't know what kind of credence to give them as they seem to be ratings-mad. Briefing today should be interesting. Is it still "on" for 10:00??

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,514042,00.html

Yes. The press conference should still be at 10:00am. I am not finding anything to the contrary on news10.net or KCRA (no confirmation either tho).

Wouldn't it be great to hear them say that an arrest has been made? Praying for Justice for Sandra.....

I'll not rely on Fox's reporting....too over zealous for ratings, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver