Found Deceased CA - Sandy Giles, 44, Earp, 13 May 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My gut says she did flag someone down for help, and when they stopped they ended up being very bad people. :(

Unfortunately, I believe your gut may be correct. I hate this for her entire family too. Not knowing what happened. No information. Can't imagine that mental torture...

Somewhere I read that the son said that someone donated $15 of gas to her at Essex. That would have given her 5 gallons.
5 gallonsx25mpg (approx) would have given her125 miles approx.

I think I calculated from Essex (from the town) to Earp was approx. 86 miles. If all the above is correct, she should have had some gas left in the tank.

Or say the car was getting 19 mpg
(worse case) she would have been pushing it. Funny she didn't use her phone but if she was low on charge, she wouldn t be able to charge it if she couldn't start the car.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Having worked on the 40 for 3 months and seeing this gas station every day, their gas prices are ridiculous. It's around $5 a gallon and has been for quite a while. Ludlow which was around 50 miles west was the last place on the 40 to get gas and Needles whiich is a little over 30 miles east are the closest places to get gas. Gas prices in Ludlow are higher than normal but still alot better than where she stopped. She probably saw the prices and thought I can make it to the next place thinking it would be cheaper but it's actually a lot higher priced

Having worked on the 40 for 3 months and seeing this gas station every day, their gas prices are ridiculous. It's around $5 a gallon and has been for quite a while. Ludlow which was around 50 miles west was the last place on the 40 to get gas and Needles whiich is a little over 30 miles east are the closest places to get gas. Gas prices in Ludlow are higher than normal but still alot better than where she stopped. She probably saw the prices and thought I can make it to the next place thinking it would be cheaper but it's actually a lot higher priced
So why do you think she headed South to Parker?

So why do you think she headed South to Parker?

That's a very good question. Her car being found where it was doesnt make sense for the reason that it would have added over 130 miles to her trip leaving the 40 and then going back.

As far as getting gas, if she took the 95 out of Needles, there was a gas station on the north side of the 40 that she passed up. If she continued on the 40 into Arizona and took that section of the 95, she would have passed a few gas stations after she got off the freeway plus a bunch more going South through Havasu. Just another thing that doesn't add up.

That's a very good question. Her car being found where it was doesnt make sense for the reason that it would have added over 130 miles to her trip leaving the 40 and then going back.

As far as getting gas, if she took the 95 out of Needles, there was a gas station on the north side of the 40 that she passed up. If she continued on the 40 into Arizona and took that section of the 95, she would have passed a few gas stations after she got off the freeway plus a bunch more going South through Havasu. Just another thing that doesn't add up.
Her son was going to wire her money. Certainly there were places
along the interstate where she could have received a wire. Yes, no?!
That's why I'm thinking someone may have followed her South knowing she'd be in trouble and or out of gas.

Her son was going to wire her money. Certainly there were places
along the interstate where she could have received a wire. Yes, no?!
That's why I'm thinking someone may have followed her South knowing she'd be in trouble and or out of gas.

Yeah, Needles, Ft. Mojave and Bullhead City are all right there and much closer to the 40 then Earp/Parker.

I guess the whole thing comes down to why did she take such an out of the way detour that far south. Has the son said where he was supposed to wire her money or were they just playing it by ear?

Since she was headed back to Alabama, would it have made sense for her to catch I-10 by
traveling south?

Since she was headed back to Alabama, would it have made sense for her to catch I-10 by
traveling south?

My first thought when reading about this case was that she was trying to get to the 10.

After looking at Google maps, it wouldn't have made any sense to take the 10 unless she was planning on visiting someone else along that route on the way back. Once it hit Phoenix, it heads south and parallels the border then when it hits Texas head south even farther and runs through San Antonio to Houston and then from there into New Orleans and points east.

I wonder if its possible she picked someone up at the Hi Sahara or somewhere along the 40 and that's where they said they were headed was the Parker area

My first thought when reading about this case was that she was trying to get to the 10.

After looking at Google maps, it wouldn't have made any sense to take the 10 unless she was planning on visiting someone else along that route on the way back. Once it hit Phoenix, it heads south and parallels the border then when it hits Texas head south even farther and runs through San Antonio to Houston and then from there into New Orleans and points east.

I wonder if its possible she picked someone up at the Hi Sahara or somewhere along the 40 and that's where they said they were headed was the Parker area
Did she call her son from the Hi Sahara or the Oasis? I'm confused
between the 2.

Also, did the investigator pull the right video? One would think someone would remember her.
And or if she gave someone a ride or someone followed her from whichever gas station we are referring to.

I hate it when it gets to this point for so many of those who are missing, not just Sandy. The point when there's no new information and the little we do have seems to go no further.

How terrible for Sandy's family, and everyone else's who are caught up in this nightmare! It must feel as though the lights are being turned off, and the doors being closed tight. There they stand, all alone, begging for help.

Where do they turn? How do they go on? I can't fathom that degree of pain and isolation...

Hey All- This is a very current update. Please read it! What this poor woman went through when she ran out of gas on the freeway, and in the median.....is unbelievable.

https://m.facebook.com/HelpFindSandyGiles/

Hey All- This is a very current update. Please read it! What this poor woman went through when she ran out of gas on the freeway, and in the median.....is unbelievable.

Thank you Razz, so much! That IS a very new update. Good for you for finding it so quickly.

Glad to have more information but now, I feel even worse for Sandy. To think what all she went through.

She was just trying to get back home to her children...

Hoping this lovely woman is safe....

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Thank you Razz, so much! That IS a very new update. Good for you for finding it so quickly.

Glad to have more information but now, I feel even worse for Sandy. To think what all she went through.

She was just trying to get back home to her children...
She probably gave her last $50 to the tow truck driver!

The hiway patrolman thought she was possibly disoriented and helped her get her inhaler out of the trunk. He even asked if she thought she should go to the hospital.

The last he saw of her she was taking the Parker exit. I wonder if she was disoriented, was confused so she took the next exit so she could pull over and use her inhaler!

I wonder when she spoke to her son in relation to all of this?! She was obviously out of gas. How much does a container hold? A gallon? How did she make it to Parker? Are there gas stations along that road? She had to have stopped way before where she ended up!

Is it weird to anyone else that this information is just recently coming to light, more than two months after she went missing? In the beginning LE didn't seem to be helpful at all. If I remember correctly, the family opened the car, not LE. Now we learn she had more contact with people, including LE, and the officer who assisted her knew it was her car when it was located. He knew she was out of gas, was FAR from home, and was so concerned about her during the out-of-gas incident that he asked if she needed to go to the hospital because she was having trouble breathing. He followed her until she exited for Parker. Her car is later located, he knows exactly who it belongs to (a woman far from home, out of gas, and with difficulty breathing), but there is no urgency or concern to locate her? I don't like this at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back