Found Deceased CA - Sandy Giles, 44, Earp, 13 May 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey All- This is a very current update. Please read it! What this poor woman went through when she ran out of gas on the freeway, and in the median.....is unbelievable.

https://m.facebook.com/HelpFindSandyGiles/

Is it weird to anyone else that this information is just recently coming to light, more than two months after she went missing? In the beginning LE didn't seem to be helpful at all. If I remember correctly, the family opened the car, not LE. Now we learn she had more contact with people, including LE, and the officer who assisted her knew it was her car when it was located. He knew she was out of gas, was FAR from home, and was so concerned about her during the out-of-gas incident that he asked if she needed to go to the hospital because she was having trouble breathing. He followed her until she exited for Parker. Her car is later located, he knows exactly who it belongs to (a woman far from home, out of gas, and with difficulty breathing), but there is no urgency or concern to locate her? I don't like this at all.
The Highway Patrolman found out on the day her auto was declared abandoned.(Not sure what day). Unfortunately, Sandy was gone by
that time. They did search for her but by then it was too late or I should say, not soon enough.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

So, was she likely hitch-hiking with the gas can and a ne'er-do-weller picked her up?

Do we know if there are areas with no cell service around Earp? Some areas along America's roads are particularly intriguing to predators, especially roads where women can get stranded easily because of lack of cell service and gas options. Makes me wonder if any local women from the area Sandy disappeared in have had experiences with scary men in those rural areas along the roads.

She also had COPD so she wouldn't have been able to make it very far in the hot desert.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So, was she likely hitch-hiking with the gas can and a ne'er-do-weller picked her up?
Well, maybe. But how did her car make it to Earp? She definitely had to refuel somewhere along that road before getting to Earp.

I thought she made it to Earp after she got the gas can and the cop followed her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some parts are fact and other is speculation.....but the most information available at this time.

"The detective on Sandy’s case from the San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department is Tim Preston he can be reached at 760-326-9200 He would like to hear from anyone who saw Sandy or her car.
We know that on May 13th around 5:00p.m Sandy’s car was on the frwy near Essex out of gas on the center divider. The Highway Patrol approached the car and saw that it was abandoned. He then called in for it to be towed. The tow truck arrived and was just about ready to take the car to impound. On the opposite side of the freeway a motor home pulled up and Sandy jumped out with a can of gasoline. She ran across 4 lanes on the freeway yelling to please not tow her car. The tow truck driver released her car after paying him $50 dollars to do so. The Highway Patrolmen stayed with Sandy and helped her get her inhaler out of her trunk. She had told him that she was on her way home to Alabama to see her kids, she also told him that her long trip with her friends to Marysville, was too long and they got on each other’s nerves. She seemed to be out of breath from the ordeal of running out of gas. He asked her if she felt like she needed to go to the hospital. She had told him no. she had told him she walked towards the gas station and got a ride from some folks to the gas station, then asked some people getting gas for their motor-home if they could give her a ride back. Those people drove the opposite direction after dropping her off. The Highway Patrolman stayed with her until she made the turn off towards Parker.
It is our belief that by the time Sandy made it to Earp it was dark and she was disoriented and that is perhaps how her car ended up where it did.
When her car was reported abandoned the same Highway Patrolman immediately knew who it belonged to. He was really concerned and immediately searched all the hospitals. Along with him, other officers immediately started looking for her."

https://m.facebook.com/HelpFindSandyGiles/

Maybe because it was late, she pulled off to sleep for a bit, and when she woke she was stuck. She may have been asking for help and someone took advantage of the situation.

I wonder if she had made the turn towards Parker looking for a gas station and ran out in Earp. Otherwise, her being on that road makes no sense.

Cases like this make me afraid to travel alone. :(

exactly.....I think the same.for my wife, daughter, and son.
Well, she didn't have a credit card so all she had was cash. I think cash resources were extremely low which may be why she drove the car to empty and in the median of a freeway.

This is why my father always used to tell me to always keep my gas tank above the mid level.

What worries me is that she hitched a ride to the gas station to buy gas and she asked another stranger for a ride back to her car. I pray she didn't hitch a ride with a stranger who wasn't a good samaritian the third time. MOO

May. Sandy has been missing since May. It's August now. May-August in the summer, in the desert.

I just can't even imagine... absolutely heartbreaking for her, for her family, for those who know and love her... so sad.

In following these missing person cases where women are traveling alone, I constantly see fatal decision making which earns them a thread here at Websleuths.

While traveling alone is not dangerous of itself, preparation and a plan for lone travel needs to be included to ensure safety.

We can't always anticipate everything that can happen along the road, but making sure to have enough money or credit cards, road assistance service, keeping an eye on the gas gauge, navigational devices and in my case, traveling with a firearm increases the chance of a safe and uneventful lone trip.

Traveling on a dime, with minimum resources is a scary experience. IMO

Well, she didn't have a credit card so all she had was cash. I think cash resources were extremely low which may be why she drove the car to empty and in the median of a freeway.

Especially if she'd had to hand over $50 to prevent her car being towed away earlier. I'm guessing that $50 would have bought her a good few gallons of fuel and got her many miles further on her journey.

Sometimes the unexpected has a wholly disproportionate knock-on effect.

"For want of a nail a shoe was lost" etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back