Found Deceased CA - Sandy Giles, 44, Earp, 13 May 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is a very odd story. If she was short on money I wonder why she didn't stop in a town with a Walmart before she got as far as she did. Walmart money grams are nearly instantaneous, I know I would have solved the money issue before really getting on the road but maybe that is just me. That is what I would have done, but perhaps she didn't realize there would not be a Walmart in say Needles or Parker. Looks like she was about an hour away from a Walmart in Lake Havasu or Bullhead City and both were out of her way so to stay on track she was farther from a Walmart than that. If she was running short on money she may not have filled up at her last stop, she may have just put in as much as she could afford.

If she ran out of gas and pulled way off the road to get out of traffic that would explain her being stuck in the sand. She couldn't have been far from Parker- as I remember (I have not been through there in years) it seems like it would be an easy walk from where her car was found. I also don't understand why LE didn't come by on regular patrol and look for her when spotting her car.
Hi Brighty- When you get a chance, please read the Parkeronline piece
above as well as the comments.

Somewhat illuminating.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If she ran out of gas and pulled way off the road to get out of traffic that would explain her being stuck in the sand.

This point has me somewhat confused. Looking at the photo of her car pulled off the road (parker online link above) the car looks to me to be on solid ground rather than loose sand. Now I know nothing about the desert and its soils but from what I can see I would be able to get traction on that surface and drive off it. There's no evidence behind the car of wheel spin that would suggest she'd tried to drive off but been unable to.

Which makes me think that she'd run out of fuel and pulled over as the engine started sputtering.

This point has me somewhat confused. Looking at the photo of her car pulled off the road (parker online link above) the car looks to me to be on solid ground rather than loose sand. Now I know nothing about the desert and its soils but from what I can see I would be able to get traction on that surface and drive off it. There's no evidence behind the car of wheel spin that would suggest she'd tried to drive off but been unable to.

Which makes me think that she'd run out of fuel and pulled over as the engine started sputtering.

Agree - and strange if car trouble, or any trouble, that she didn't try to get help or indicate she needed help when others passed by.... case is a mystery...

Ok, I probably missed the answers to this.

Her cell was in the car, think it states nothing unusual. When and to who was the last call? Is there cell service there? Why not call someone if she got stuck or high centered.

What/who was in Marysville?

Is the former sister in law communicating with the family still? She would have knowledge of the events leading up to Sandy, supposedly, up and leaving.

Why wouldn't LE open the car and trunk to investigate, nope it was just towed. SIGH

And some keep saying she went to Mexico, what I recall, Parker is NOT even close to the Mexico border. I could be wrong, I'm thinking when I went to 29 Palms I went through Parker and that's not close to Mexico, maybe I have my towns mixed up.

This point has me somewhat confused. Looking at the photo of her car pulled off the road (parker online link above) the car looks to me to be on solid ground rather than loose sand. Now I know nothing about the desert and its soils but from what I can see I would be able to get traction on that surface and drive off it. There's no evidence behind the car of wheel spin that would suggest she'd tried to drive off but been unable to. Which makes me think that she'd run out of fuel and pulled over as the engine started sputtering.

When I saw the picture I questioned it, too, and showed it to my husband. We spend a lot of time in the desert. I didn't think it looked like the car was stuck in the sand or on the small bank of dirt. If she had gotten caught on that bank, it certainly looks to me like she could have used her hands to clear it. I asked my husband what he thought and he said the same.

If she ran out of gas, there was a gas station about a mile down the road, per one of the earlier posted articles. At first they thought she had made it there, but then it sounds like they changed their mind about that after viewing footage.

When I saw the picture I questioned it, too, and showed it to my husband. We spend a lot of time in the desert. I didn't think it looked like the car was stuck in the sand or on the small bank of dirt. If she had gotten caught on that bank, it certainly looks to me like she could have used her hands to clear it. I asked my husband what he thought and he said the same.

If she ran out of gas, there was a gas station about a mile down the road, per one of the earlier posted articles. At first they thought she had made it there, but then it sounds like they changed their mind about that after viewing footage.
Somewhere I read that the son said that someone donated $15 of gas to her at Essex. That would have given her 5 gallons.
5 gallonsx25mpg (approx) would have given her125 miles approx.

I think I calculated from Essex (from the town) to Earp was approx. 86 miles. If all the above is correct, she should have had some gas left in the tank.

Or say the car was getting 19 mpg
(worse case) she would have been pushing it. Funny she didn't use her phone but if she was low on charge, she wouldn t be able to charge it if she couldn't start the car.

Somewhere I read that the son said that someone donated $15 of gas to her at Essex. That would have given her 5 gallons.
5 gallonsx25mpg (approx) would have given her125 miles approx.

I think I calculated from Essex (from the town) to Earp was approx. 86 miles. If all the above is correct, she should have had some gas left in the tank.

Or say the car was getting 19 mpg
(worse case) she would have been pushing it. Funny she didn't use her phone but if she was low on charge, she wouldn t be able to charge it if she couldn't start the car.

I cannot speak for the area Sandy was in, but when we go to the desert we turn our phones off or leave them at home. There are a lot of places where the cell battery drains because it's searching so hard to make contact with a tower. I am wondering if her cell phone battery died and she was unable to charge it or it had a charge but was out of range for service.

I cannot speak for the area Sandy was in, but when we go to the desert we turn our phones off or leave them at home. There are a lot of places where the cell battery drains because it's searching so hard to make contact with a tower. I am wondering if her cell phone battery died and she was unable to charge it or it had a charge but was out of range for service.
https://m.facebook.com/HelpFindSandyGiles/

This site is up to date and answers a lot of questions. Cal Advocates for the Missing helped set the site up and they are providing help for the family. They are using family members as admin.

It reminds me of WS as they don't answer anything that hasn't been confirmed. So no wild rumors here.
In fact, they provided an update on June 7 and quashed some rumors as well as verifying some.

Be sure to read the comments as they are answering people's questions.

https://m.facebook.com/HelpFindSandyGiles/

This site is up to date and answers a lot of questions. Cal Advocates for the Missing helped set the site up and they are providing help for the family. They are using family members as admin.

It reminds me of WS as they don't answer anything that hasn't been confirmed. So no wild rumors here.
In fact, they provided an update on June 7 and quashed some rumors as well as verifying some.

Be sure to read the comments as they are answering people's questions.

I just noticed this but if you look at the HelpFindSandyGiles FB page, on the flyer it says the last time anyone spoke with her was her son on May 13 at 5:30 pm from the Oasis gas station in Essex, .CA.

Which means, she must have rolled into Earp, CA approx. 2 hours later, approx. 7 or 8pm?

Certainly it's light then and is it cooler then too?

I'm wondering if someone hitched a ride with her or followed her from Essex. And or, maybe she pulled so far off the road so she could sleep.
And or she was running out of gas and or her engine was overheating.

But why not call someone? Was it because someone was with her?
I wonder if she had a phone charger for the car. If not, she may have been out of phone battery juice too.

I just noticed this but if you look at the HelpFindSandyGiles FB page, on the flyer it says the last time anyone spoke with her was her son on May 13 at 5:30 pm from the Oasis gas station in Essex, .CA.

Which means, she must have rolled into Earp, CA approx. 2 hours later, approx. 7 or 8pm?

Certainly it's light then and is it cooler then too?

I'm wondering if someone hitched a ride with her or followed her from Essex. And or, maybe she pulled so far off the road so she could sleep.
And or she was running out of gas and or her engine was overheating.

But why not call someone? Was it because someone was with her?
I wonder if she had a phone charger for the car. If not, she may have been out of phone battery juice too.

I hadn't thought about any of that but you're right. All very logical thoughts and questions. I really wish we knew what happened to her.

Vanishing without a trace. Her poor family must be beyond frantic...

This is just crazy! I can't get over the fact that Sandy and possibly women from other cases could be locked up somewhere in a makeshift dungeon and it feels like LE from this area just aren't moving quick enough. Or doing anything at all! I really hope I'm wrong on all accounts but its so frustrating for me -a stranger- that I can't imagine her family and friends.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

From what I've read, and sorry if I missed it, there have been no dogs or helicopters sent out now or back when she first went missing. Her family is who actually found her shoe. The car was towed but never checked inside for I'd, clues or signs of foul play. I find the complete lack of urgency by authorities disturbing. I realize the desert is large and difficult to cover but feel that dogs could have helped back at the beginning when the shoe was found. And a helicopter or even a drone could have been used for a fly over. There may have been a chance to find her and help her. 45 days later, I don't know if the weather may have erased all foot prints and scents.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

From what I've read, and sorry if I missed it, there have been no dogs or helicopters sent out now or back when she first went missing. Her family is who actually found her shoe. The car was towed but never checked inside for I'd, clues or signs of foul play. I find the complete lack of urgency by authorities disturbing. I realize the desert is large and difficult to cover but feel that dogs could have helped back at the beginning when the shoe was found. And a helicopter or even a drone could have been used for a fly over. There may have been a chance to find her and help her. 45 days later, I don't know if the weather may have erased all foot prints and scents.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
Yes, I agree with you. If she made it to Earp later on the 14th or early
the 15th, the police, I believe tagged her car on the 16th and towed it on the 19th when the family was informed. They have ways of unlocking the car. Why didn't they do it on the 16th?! They ran the plates and the car was not shown to be missing or stolen but still!

I'm thinking now, however, that she was followed and or taken. And that it possibly may have originated out of the Oasis gas station 2 hours north of where the car was found.

This is just crazy! I can't get over the fact that Sandy and possibly women from other cases could be locked up somewhere in a makeshift dungeon and it feels like LE from this area just aren't moving quick enough. Or doing anything at all! I really hope I'm wrong on all accounts but its so frustrating for me -a stranger- that I can't imagine her family and friends.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I echo your thoughts completely. This is so scary, especially when it appears that local LE are considering these disappearances as no big deal. The seeming lack of response by LE is unexplainable to me.

If Sandy or others, are being held somewhere, they are helpless. I can't imagine what they are going through, nor their families...

Agree - and strange if car trouble, or any trouble, that she didn't try to get help or indicate she needed help when others passed by.... case is a mystery...
My gut says she did flag someone down for help, and when they stopped they ended up being very bad people. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back