Found Deceased CA - Sandy Giles, 44, Earp, 13 May 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cases like this make me afraid to travel alone. :(

Maybe, maybe not. I think I've read that ordinary motorists are generally not in real danger from mobile predators, even when they break down. At least, there are apparently few cases of ordinary motorists being attacked. It would be interesting to compile a list of them and see what the common factors are.

I suspect that although Sandy was not the sort of person who would be vulnerable in the ordinary course of matters, the fact that she was financially vulnerable on her journey, with very little cash and very limited access to other funds, put her at risk in a way she should not have been.

At 44, she seems young to suffer from COPD. I wonder if it was due to poorly controlled asthma or was she a smoker? In any event, she was clearly not in a position to run from an attacker or to fight back.

There seem to be some unanswered questions, and some rather vaguely answered ones, in this case.

1. Why did Sandy not have a credit or debit card on her?

Possible answers:

(a) Her credit was maxed out and therefore there was no point carrying them;
(b) She planned to drive back with her ex-SIL (who was paying for the fuel) but decided to ditch her in CA and return alone because the outward journey had been strained;
(c) She had lost them or, for whatever reason, inadvertently left them at home.

Any others?

2. Where was she staying in Marysville and what time did she leave?

Her ex-SIL said Sandy left while she was sleeping, but that could have been at midnight or just before dawn or sunrise.

If they were staying at a motel, I wonder if Sandy's financial position was so precarious that she left very early to avoid paying for the room.

Alternatively she might simply have wanted to get on the road at first light and get as many miles under her belt as possible on that day. She might also have wanted to avoid talking to her ex-SIL.

Maybe, maybe not. I think I've read that ordinary motorists are generally not in real danger from mobile predators, even when they break down. At least, there are apparently few cases of ordinary motorists being attacked. It would be interesting to compile a list of them and see what the common factors are.

I suspect that although Sandy was not the sort of person who would be vulnerable in the ordinary course of matters, the fact that she was financially vulnerable on her journey, with very little cash and very limited access to other funds, put her at risk in a way she should not have been.

At 44, she seems young to suffer from COPD. I wonder if it was due to poorly controlled asthma or was she a smoker? In any event, she was clearly not in a position to run from an attacker or to fight back.
Where did you read she had COPD?
The family said in response to a question on findsandygiles the she suffered from asthma.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The family said in response to a question on findsandygiles the she suffered from asthma.

In some of the earlier links it stated she had COPD.

IANAQ but from what I understand, asthma which is uncontrolled or poorly controlled over a long period of time can progress to COPD. If her financial position was precarious she may not have been able to afford asthma drugs on a regular basis, though I understand generics are not overly expensive. The fact that she was breathless just running across the road from where she was dropped off to her car suggests to me that her asthma was not being controlled.

This lovely lady has vanished....I hope she is safe.
See this page....Interesting comments. Copy and paste link in your browser.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...54815894539584

Scary statement for sure! Looks like they are looking into the possibility of her case and Justin Day's being connected, as well. I hope not! They do need to find Sandy, at least for the family's sake. Hope it is soon!

IANAQ but from what I understand, asthma which is uncontrolled or poorly controlled over a long period of time can progress to COPD. If her financial position was precarious she may not have been able to afford asthma drugs on a regular basis, though I understand generics are not overly expensive. The fact that she was breathless just running across the road from where she was dropped off to her car suggests to me that her asthma was not being controlled.
Well, had I run out of gas on a major freeway, left my car on the median,crossed 4 lanes of traffic on said major freeway, then run to a gas station, fill up a can of gas, hitch a ride back only to find my car being towed, then crossing 4 lanes of traffic with a gas can in tow...I would have seriously been out of breath too. But then, maybe that's why the officer suggested she go to the hospital and helped retrieve her inhaler from the trunk. So many calamitous decisions made in her quest to get home.

Is there anyway she could have carried a 5 gallon gas can? I don't see it, which means she only had about 18 miles on the car after putting in a gallon. Did she take the Parker exit because she didn't want to chance running out of gas on the freeway again?
Which means, she couldn't have gotten far on one gallon of gas. She either had to stop soon, or someone came along and "helped". It had to have been on the upper part of that route to Parker. Someone must have seen something along the route there.

I think she needed gas, hitch-hiked and got picked up by the wrong person. Would that have occurred in the dark, or day light? I'm sure there was a decent amount of traffic since a lot of people have claimed to have seen the car while on their way to work. How come no one has come forward with better information? It's very sad.

I think she needed gas, hitch-hiked and got picked up by the wrong person. Would that have occurred in the dark, or day light? I'm sure there was a decent amount of traffic since a lot of people have claimed to have seen the car while on their way to work. How come no one has come forward with better information? It's very sad.
I don't know that the FindSandyGiles FB page has positively said that she was seen the next day with her car (at the place where it was located) even though there were comments stating they had seen her at her car the next day. It shouldn't be that hard to verify.

They did verify however that both of her flip flops were located approximately 20 yards from the vehicle.

So, how did her car make it to that point if she didn't have gas? Someone had to put gas into it. Did someone other than Sandy place her flip flops away from the car to make it appear she walked off? And, were the keys taken to delay identifying who the car belonged to.? Some of this needs to be positively verified.

I believe she was at the gas station around 5:00 early evening. She would have had daylight for at least another 3 hours.

Here is a map of two ways she may have taken from I 40
Shared route
From I-40 to Earp via AZ-95 S.

1 hr 14 min (63*mi)
1 hr 13 min in current traffic

1. Head east on I-40 E
2. Take exit 9 for AZ-95 S toward Lake Havasu City/Parker
3. Turn right onto AZ-95 S
4. Turn right onto Parker Dam Rd
5. Turn right to stay on Parker Dam Rd
6. Turn left
7. Arrive at location: Earp

For the best route in current traffic visit https://goo.gl/maps/KNWsCUskbYt

I don't know that the FindSandyGiles FB page has positively said that she was seen the next day with her car (at the place where it was located) even though there were comments stating they had seen her at her car the next day. It shouldn't be that hard to verify.

They did verify however that both of her flip flops were located approximately 20 yards from the vehicle.

So, how did her car make it to that point if she didn't have gas? Someone had to put gas into it. Did someone other than Sandy place her flip flops away from the car to make it appear she walked off? And, were the keys taken to delay identifying who the car belonged to.? Some of this needs to be positively verified.

I believe she was at the gas station around 5:00 early evening. She would have had daylight for at least another 3 hours.

The flip flops being found makes me wonder if someone hit her with their vehicle and knocked her right out of her shoes.

Here is a map of two ways she may have taken from I 40
Shared route
From I-40 to Earp via AZ-95 S.

1 hr 14 min (63*mi)
1 hr 13 min in current traffic

1. Head east on I-40 E
2. Take exit 9 for AZ-95 S toward Lake Havasu City/Parker
3. Turn right onto AZ-95 S
4. Turn right onto Parker Dam Rd
5. Turn right to stay on Parker Dam Rd
6. Turn left
7. Arrive at location: Earp

For the best route in current traffic visit https://goo.gl/maps/KNWsCUskbYt

Either 95 from Needles or 95 just over the Arizona Border. There appears to be better stops on the Arizona side. She would not have gotten far but there's a LOVE's stop not far from the 95 exit in Arizona.

Ok. I went back and found the Oasis Gas Station in Essex, CA when she last spoke with her son at 5p.m. The CA hiway patrolman followed her to the Parker exit which would have been the 1st 95 on the Calif. Side.

Shared route
From Hi Sahara Oasis, Inc. to Earp via I-40 E and US-95 S.

1 hr 48 min (108*mi)
1 hr 51 min in current traffic

1. Head north toward County Rte 66
2. Turn left onto County Rte 66
3. Turn left onto the I-40 E ramp
4. Merge onto I-40 E
5. Take exit 144 for US-95 S/E Broadway toward Blythe
6. Turn right onto US-95 S/E Broadway St
7. Turn left onto CA-62 E
8. Continue straight onto Parker Dam Rd
9. Turn right
10. Arrive at location: Earp

For the best route in current traffic visit https://goo.gl/maps/Nuo3cY5udmt

Well, I took a trip via Google Maps and I have NO CLUE where she would have gassed up. She would have gone S. On E. Broadway (US 95), it appears there are some residential areas around there and then Airport Road which takes you West to Needles airport.

But if she continued S on 95 I see a Calizona RV Park. I might turn off there thinkinking surely they'd have gas.

The next stop with has is at Vidal Junction which is 48 miles from where she put gas in the car. No way could she have made it that far on 1 gallon of gas. She then would have turned east on 62.

So.....where did she get gas after she left I 40?

I thought the flip flops were a sign of a struggle and of Sandy being dragged away.

I thought the flip flops were a sign of a struggle and of Sandy being dragged away.
Wait.... Were drag or scuffle marks in the dirt mentioned?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eddie_van
Back