GUILTY Ca - Shauna Haynes, 21, Found In Suitcase, San Diego, 6 April 2016 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This afternoon I saw a handful of mourners sitting at the vigil site. :-(

Saw LE around the Chadwick earlier, in the back. Wonder what they're up to...

There are people from his high school days saying how weird he was and other people saying that they always knew he was a psycho. By the looks of it, people have been getting red flags about this guy for a long long time. I think it is pretty clear someone is messed up the lie or make disturbing claims about being in the military. I don't know if it was a stolen valor thing or worse given Landmark contacted the Navy Criminal Investigative Service, but it is completely understandable that they would not let him do courses anymore

:welcome: RunningHorse. Have these old friends from HS days spoken to the press and can you link to that information? If that comes from Facebook I will need to remove as rumor.

Good idea that the stuff Landmark found concerning enough to report may have been stolen valor. I hadn't considered that.

I've tried to imagine what he said that "gave people the heebie-jeebies" enough to have the LM Forum people report him to NCIS. I don't want to start a bunch of false speculations, but I'd guess it'd have something to do with some false horrendous battles stories and untrue memories he had of what went on in his military career which turned out to be three months of boot camp.

snipped from the article
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...e-Attorney-Says-Not-a-Murderer-375600191.html

He said Landmark cut ties with Palmer after he made some disturbing statements.

"He had the most intense eyes ever," the suspect’s acquaintance told NBC 7. "You look at him and you wonder what’s going on in his head. There [are] some things he said that gave people the heebie-jeebies."

A spokesperson for Landmark confirmed Palmer took some classes there in 2015, but hasn't participated in the program since September 2015.

The Landmark spokesperson released this statement to NBC 7 Wednesday:

"He made a disturbing statement about his past military service, which we reported to the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS), which informed us that there was no basis for what Mr. Palmer had said, and that he had been dismissed from the United States Marines after three months of boot camp."

At that point, Landmark told Palmer he was no longer welcome to participate in its programs.

:rose: Shauna Haynes :rose:

I've tried to imagine what he said that "gave people the heebie-jeebies" enough to have the LM Forum people report him to NCIS. I don't want to start a bunch of false speculations, but I'd guess it'd have something to do with some false horrendous battles stories and untrue memories he had of what went on in his military career which turned out to be three months of boot camp.

:rose: Shauna Haynes :rose:

Or, "I know how to take someone out" or have connections who would. That kind of talk is scary.

PURE SPECULATION. I have no idea of what prompted a search into his military claims.

:welcome: RunningHorse. Have these old friends from HS days spoken to the press and can you link to that information? If that comes from Facebook I will need to remove as rumor.

Good idea that the stuff Landmark found concerning enough to report may have been stolen valor. I hadn't considered that.

The "stolen valor" theory seems like a good angle to look at based on the information we have that is usable. IMO it would have to be serious enough for NCIS to respond to and then the "academy" to cut ties with him. Seems to me that NCIS would need more than reports of heebie jeebies. People's comments in social media can be relevant or not but an organization like NCIS would deal with facts.

But knowing that others had 'red flags' is important so I dunno. :thinking:

Perhaps he wrote or had some picture that misrepresented his military background. Those type of imposters love to show stuff. Something he said or did would have to be supported by some type of evidence, IMO.

New picture of Shauna from her GoFund me page
60771b7220ec4645b2d45ca31f040f9d.jpg

I can't figure out what happened today, but next court date 7/19/16

It takes so long to get to trial. Next court date two weeks from now.

Joshua Palmer
Case #CD266518
Charge and Code: 1 1 187(A)
Description: PC MURDER:FIRST DEGREE F SD11
Bail Amount: $2,000,000
Court Date and Time: 07/19/2016 08:30 FP

Remembering Shauna :rose:

Nothing reported on the news about any court appearance. Looks like next court date is September 7th.

CD266518 1 1 187(A) PC MURDER:FIRST DEGREE F SD11 09/07/2016 08:30 FP $2,000,000

Remembering Shauna :rose:

Nothing reported on the news about any court appearance. Looks like next court date is September 7th.

CD266518 1 1 187(A) PC MURDER:FIRST DEGREE F SD11 09/07/2016 08:30 FP $2,000,000

Thanks for checking, Curious Me. Maybe there will be a trial in two years. Sigh.

PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO.

Disturbing information came out today in the courtroom.
Joshua Palmer's cell phone contained videos of naked, unconscious women including Shauna after she was, as the news says, raped and killed. It showed her nude, lifeless body.

There had been a foursome in the room that night! The other man in the foursome was in court today, and is shown the the news video. The other woman will be in court tomorrow. Joshua got angry, I don't know if he was jealous, but he kicked them out of the room.

Joshua also made a cell phone video of himself saying, "I just slit my wrists...I'm using this moment to say good-bye..."
(I don't think he actually did slit his wrists, and he certainly didn't turn himself in, but I guess he meant symbolically he had just destroyed his life by killing Shauna who looked up to him and trusted him so much. :frown:)

Grim testimony in suitcase body hearing
Updated: Sep 07, 2016 6:32 PM PDT
http://www.cbs8.com/story/33034794/grim-testimony-in-suitcase-body-hearing

told a friend that he "crossed the line sexually'' during an encounter in his room, the witness testified Thursday.....

....... Joyce said Palmer told her that besides him and Chelsea, a co-worker named Shauna Haynes and another man, Anthony Kern, were also there...........

..............Police got a search warrant and seized video files from Palmer's cell phone, showing an unconscious Haynes. On one of the videos, Palmer can be heard saying, "OMG. It just turned into a foursome.''

In another clip, Palmer is heard to say, "I'm sorry I love you, but I can't watch you having sex with somebody else. God I'm sorry.''

A few hours after the early morning sexual encounter, Palmer called 911, saying his girlfriend was missing, a detective testified. When contacted, Palmer had red knuckles on both his hands, the detective testified.

Deputy District Attorney Martin Doyle alleged that Palmer -- who worked with Haynes at the Spaghetti Factory restaurant -- stuffed Haynes' body into a suitcase and threw it out with the garbage.

I don't buy that he loved Shauna. IMO, he wasn't really acknowledging they were in a serious relationship together, he was looking for other women when he took Shauna along to clubs, he led her down a dangerous path, ends up flipping out and killing her, then throws her in a suitcase in the trash. That's not love. :frown:

At the conclusion of the preliminary hearing, which continues Thursday, Superior Court Judge Louis Hanoian will determine whether enough evidence was presented for Palmer to stand trial.

He is charged with murder, with special circumstance allegations of murder during a rape, murder during sodomy and murder during a rape by an instrument, which would potentially make him eligible for the death penalty.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/33034794/grim-testimony-in-suitcase-body-hearing

This was a news article from the past. To me it shows he was hoping to get away with it.
A bit GRAPHIC here, sorry, but he made so many stupid mistakes including putting body in a suitcase with her hair sticking out of it and putting the suitcase in the dumpster of his own building where he lived. Called the police to report her missing and has red, bruised knuckles. Confessed something incriminating to a co-worker. His own cell phone had evidence galore including video of her dead body. Poor Shauna, she was just a young girl who trusted this :butthead: older dude.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...Haynes-San-Diego-375441371.html#ixzz45fISU2RT

"The pair were platonic friends, prosecutors said, and had gone out together last week. After their outing, the pair went back to Palmer's home. There, Palmer allegedly beat and strangled Haynes and then attempted to cover his tracks by sending a series of text messages from the victim's cell phone."

“He wiped down his apartment, gathered the bedding and clothing,” San Diego County Deputy District Attorney Martin Doyle said. “[He] made a number of misleading text messages from the victim’s phone to family members in an effort to disguise what he had done.”

Each news station provides further details from a different angle. Here it sounds like Palmer was lusting after Shauna, and was jealous when the foursome occurred. OMG, it says there's video showing he assaulted her even after her death. Also in this article, residents who live and work at The Chadwick also testified, including the men who made the gruesome discovery of the suitcase by the trash cans.

Witnesses Testify in Case of Man Accused of Stuffing Dead Woman in Suitcase
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ase-Killing-Downtown-San-Diego-392600831.html

Employees who worked with Palmer and Haynes at The Old Spaghetti Factory testified Wednesday that Palmer and Haynes were friends, but Palmer wanted more.

Co-worker Diana Gonzalez said Palmer told her he was romantically interested in Haynes and told Gonzalez that Haynes planned to move in with him.

Soon, however, Gonzalez said Palmer said things “weren’t working out” because Haynes was not romantically interested in him.

“He said if she [Haynes] didn’t ‘put out,’ she’d have to move out,” Gonzalez testified.

Details emerged at the preliminary hearing of evidence recovered by investigators from Palmer's phone. A video was discovered that allegedly showed Palmer assaulting Haynes after her death.

SDPD Det. David Spitzer said a text message to Haynes found on the defendant's phone showed Palmer became jealous after Haynes had a sexual encounter with someone else.

"The message reads, 'I'm sorry, I love you. I accepted my place as a friend but I can't watch you make love to someone else. I know it's selfish but I can't take it. I'm not good enough but two total strangers are. It just detroyed me,'" said Spitzer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back