Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - supermoms under a lot of pressure to be perfect can snap, especially if they have controlling husbands. I'm thinking of Christine Woo who committed suicide in the family car while her kids were strapped in the back seat. If she had disappeared during a jog, the husband would have been under deep suspicion because he came across as very controlling and also very evasive about whether they had argued recently.
The suicide theory fits if you look at the evidence as Sherri's advance preparation: Sherri was the one who told daycare that she would be picking the kids up later than usual so they had no cause for alarm until the husband rang; Sherri texted her husband to double check whether he would be dropping home. Maybe she abandoned her phone, knowing her husband would check her location.
Just a theory, I don't have a strong gut feeling either way. I don't think in-law support is evidence - it's very difficult to accept that someone you accepted into your family could destroy your beloved child, so people can take years to face the overwhelming evidence. Another example is Jeffrey MacDonald's in-laws.

Sorry if I missed this. Did she tell daycare she'd be picking them up later than usual?

Also, if his phone was in his car, they can also track the pings (from his phone) to see where he was throughout the day....

According to his step-Father, his work vehicle has GPS. They know where he was ALL day.

Sorry if I missed this. Did she tell daycare she'd be picking them up later than usual?
Yes I missed that too. Where did that information come from. That is pretty significant.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

gitana1

user-online.png
Verified AttorneyBut someone always knows where I am, I'm armed with different weapons that I can use in one second, I'm super, hyper observant and alert and I'm a mean, tough as nails bad a$$ frankly! I think any predator who sees me coming might think twice due to my body language. I'm no victim. I think all women need to be trained not to be victims.

You GO girl, good to see you here!

Quite possible, indeed. I'm sure they have an investigation / forensics at the house, in case she made it back there after her run.

I encourage everyone to read the thread while we are still on #1 :) I know it can be hard to keep up and honesty I don't know that we really have all the facts.

MSM has never said that Sherri is a SAHM, unless I am unaware. I believe she works for AT&T as an account exec and linked her LinkedIn page earlier in the thread. Perhaps she worked from home?

We don't know what their normal lunch routine was. My thought is that if he travels around to client's houses sometimes she may have thought maybe he would pop by for lunch and if so would schedule her run around his lunch. Who knows?

I have seen the daycare pickup situation described different ways in MSM versus in FB comments from the family's spokesperson. I think we don't know for sure whether he called daycare or they called him. I'm sure it was a frantic mess of calls to everyone to see if anyone had seen her

Sheriff reported several neighbors who knew her saw her jogging/walking mid late morning to early afternoon. I have seen both 11am and 2 pm reported.

Keith and Sherri were married in 09. To me, it appears she and her ex filed for divorce in 07 and it was finaled in 08.

Sunrise Dr looks like gravel to me. I don't like to jog on gravel. Perhaps she walked that part as part of a cool down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read this...

They said she was a hands-on stay at home mom. She's extremely close with them. She's here with them everyday gardening, doing projects.

https://glowing.com/community/topic/1747956/missing-mother-rof-two-children

This was discussed early on (about the daycare). Lots of possible reasons. Maybe she needed time to work out, grocery shop, etc. Maybe she wanted them socialized. Maybe she had an at-home job she needed time to do.

Hopefully, any SAH job will be discussed in mainstream news soon. Lifestyle doesn't seem possible with one salary, even if house was owned by a relative and they lived rent free. The family photos would cost a lot alone. Sorry, just having images of Josh Powell.

If I tracked my husbands phone to the side of the road and he didn't pick up our children that'd be a real bad sign. Abduction or something awful would be my first conclusion. If he we're only missing I'd probably be worried about a car accident or something maybe but this does reek of an abduction. Whether it is really one or a staged one I am just not sure. I'm with the other commenters. LE not calling it an abduction is strange. Yet there is an urgency. It's just very odd. I keep thinking this is how they do it in a small town maybe? The whole thing is riddled with conflicting information that I'm sure is mostly shoddy reporting, a weird silence from LE regarding any details, and slightly worrisome interviews with the husband.

I do find it odd a sahm would have her kids in daycare. If it is for socialization aren't there mommy groups there? I live in a dense city in so cal but it just seems so odd to me. I wish the family would clarify that.

Plus, her car being at home. That would be a huge worry IMO. I think of it being my husband and I - if he came home and I was gone and he found my phone on the side of a road nearby - he would freak out. And we don't even have kids - so not to mention not picking them up. Scary.

I just want to clarify IMO Sherri was not a SAHM. I think it's possible she worked from home - but I am not sure.

Also, just to give my somewhat local opinion. I have been following northern CA cases for a long time and Shasta Co does not have a great track record in finding missing persons or keeping up with media. It drives me crazy. In fact - I would guess that Sherri's case has received more attention than all the other recent cases combined. I understand why, but I am continually unimpressed with the sheriffs office and also local media in their reporting. Just my 2 cents.

This was discussed early on (about the daycare). Lots of possible reasons. Maybe she needed time to work out, grocery shop, etc. Maybe she wanted them socialized. Maybe she had an at-home job she needed time to do.
Yes there are lots of reasons but it's still highly unusual if she is indeed a sahm. I just wish there was clarification from the family instead of speculation by people that don't know her. And if she did indeed tell the daycare she would be picking them up later than usual, and her husband didn't know of any reason why, and he got a text asking if he would be home for lunch, I would have a strong suspicion of what might be going on with those details combined.

Thank you for pointing that out. I do remember the bit about gardening. I will look to see if I can find more confirmation. Her LinkedIn states she works for AT&T but maybe things have changed!

A lot of people fudge on their LinkedIn. It's not an application or resume really. But it's good for if she decided to resume in the workforce at some point. Youngest is 2 so not really a baby anymore..

I don't know if anyone here sleuthed the Beverly Carter case, The husband and son both used the phone tracking app after she came up missing. ( Not unusual for other family to access family's phone)

Hopefully, any SAH job will be discussed in mainstream news soon. Lifestyle doesn't seem possible with one salary, even if house was owned by a relative and they lived rent free. The family photos would cost a lot alone. Sorry, just having images of Josh Powell.

Yeah I wondered that too, about the lifestyle (ability to afford daycare on one salary from a retail company).

Yes there are lots of reasons but it's still highly unusual if she is indeed a sahm. I just wish there was clarification from the family instead of speculation by people that don't know her. And if she did indeed tell the daycare she would be picking them up later than usual, and her husband didn't know of any reason why, and he got a text asking if he would be home for lunch, I would have a strong suspicion of what might be going on with those details combined.

Yep, me too. Well, it could be two things. But we don't have verification of that aside from what one poster here wrote.....?

Agreed. He works for geek squad at Best Buy..they don't pay squat.

Just brining this link forward of their wedding photos. My goodness. So beautiful. The blog by the photographer is worth reading I think too. I hadn't read it before

Wow, those are so beautiful!!! Very talented photographer. She looks just like her mom <3. And I loved the one of her with her hand on the door handle as the car (presumably) pulled up to the church/ceremony.

If I tracked my husbands phone to the side of the road and he didn't pick up our children that'd be a real bad sign. Abduction or something awful would be my first conclusion. If he we're only missing I'd probably be worried about a car accident or something maybe but this does reek of an abduction. Whether it is really one or a staged one I am just not sure. I'm with the other commenters. LE not calling it an abduction is strange. Yet there is an urgency. It's just very odd. I keep thinking this is how they do it in a small town maybe? The whole thing is riddled with conflicting information that I'm sure is mostly shoddy reporting, a weird silence from LE regarding any details, and slightly worrisome interviews with the husband.

I do find it odd a sahm would have her kids in daycare. If it is for socialization aren't there mommy groups there? I live in a dense city in so cal but it just seems so odd to me. I wish the family would clarify that.

If what he is saying is true, I also would immediately believe she was abducted. From his perspective, it would be hard to think of a plausible other explanation, IMHO. Maybe she could have been hit by a car, and taken to a hospital, that's true. Or maybe she could have fallen and become injured and taken to the hospital. But abduction seems the most likely, in that situation, IMHO. And I hardly ever think that because abductions are so incredibly rare.

Thank you both for your posts. I understand more clearly now. Long night last night and today- sick kiddo. I should probably stick to reading ;)

I think it's hard to "guess" their finances. Who knows if they have family money, if she worked outside the home prior to having children & they have a good size savings.
I say this as I was a full time SAHM & just recently went back to work part-time (my children are in school now).
Also, the SAHM & daycare thing.... when I was a full time SAHM, my children were in daycare part time. I used the time they were in daycare to grocery shop, run errands, clean/do laundry, dr appts, hair appts, and most importantly for my sanity, to exercise.
There were times when finances were tight. My DH being the breadwinner, and honestly taking the kids out of part-time daycare would've been the last "extra" we would've taken away. I bought (& still do) second hand clothing, shopped deals & used coupons, we didn't travel much, etc. Having my kids in daycare, part-time (10-12'ish hours p/week) was my saving grace. I honestly believe it helped me be a better mother, wife & just staying a sane person.

Maybe the childcare was an in-home daycare type of situation? Maybe not so formal with the pick up times? And possibly only part time or something. I don't know - just trying not to assume too much about the whole who called who first situation.

I would really love more clarification from LE - an update. Something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member