Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to comment on this because as you know my family just got thru this ourselves. I am assuming that different LE depts work different ways as do agencies but from what we just suffered thru..

LE does not tell anything to anyone except NEXT OF KIN. Sherri's next of kin is her husband. I don't think they would be giving any info AT ALL to the in-laws or even her parents. She is married. HE is her next of kin. So I am thinking that with the FIL saying this...he is getting his info from THE HUSBAND, not directly from LE. He states that he's a bit peeved that LE hasn't publicly cleared husband after all he has done and come back clean. Uh huh. The husband is telling his stepfather that he is "clear". I would be willing to bet that LE is not speaking to the FIL AT ALL besides certain questioning that is necessary.

This is based on what my family just went thru. When the feds would come in with an update..they would remove Ce's parents from the room and talk ONLY to them. It was then up to Ce's parents to tell my sis and/or Josh what LE had said if they wanted to share it.
SABBM

Thanks for the insightful post, jashrema.

Thus far le has NOT cleared anyone.
And there have been other cases here at WS where various parties appeared to have a wonderful life and relationships. Just saying.

From my perspective, I don't find her jogging at 2 pm unusual as many runners try to get a run in when they can. I also don't get the feeling the husband is involved at all. IMO, the info that has been forthcoming leaves a lot of details out and no one really knows for sure what he did/she did or said or texted or whatever.

I truly feel awful for what this family is going through and I can't imagine what it must feel like to have every one of my texts, words or actions looked at suspiciously. I just pray they find her soon.

I haven't seen any reports of SAR canine units being deployed. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

The Daily Mail reports that he responded to her text stating "no" he would not be coming home for lunch
Before her routine jog, Papini texted her husband, Keith Papini (pictured), and asked him if he was coming home for lunch. He responded no and when he came home from work, he found an empty home. His wife would usually pick up their two children but they were left at daycare

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-family-believes-abducted.html#ixzz4PLi1gTSx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm so sad his family is being put through this. It's awful, and we see it over and over and over. When a family is going through the very worst thing imaginable, the public turns on them and attacks them. I don't think it used to be like this, at all. It's like a sport now - look at the hurting family, and kick them in the teeth.

Like The Lottery by Shirley Jackson. Why are we like this now, a society with zero compassion? The term schadenfreude comes to mind. :(

Sadly as we have seen over and over many times its a family member or a loved one that turns out to be the guilty party.
I don't think they have any suspects or poi's
So the spouse is the first person they go to.
He is cooperative but has not been cleared is my understanding.

Hope we find out more soon.

What kind of job does Keith Papini have where he usually does not bring his phone into work? And if that was his "usual" pattern, why would Sherri text him and ask if he's coming home for lunch? Did he or Sherri drop the kids off at day care?

Do any of the articles state if her phone was found before or after the call to report her missing. I don't remember seeing that, but I could have overlooked it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Why no searches at this time?

Sometimes searchers need to "regroup" and such but this worries me. It's day 6...people should be OUT. There was a search scheduled for Ce and Sheila (her mom) announced it was cancelled the night before around midnite I think. The next day was when they announced they had found Ce's body.

The local perspective from some posters is interesting and helpful. IS LE there kind of "non-urgent" when it comes to the missing?For anyone local..what is the "vibe" around there?

Do any of the articles state if her phone was found before or after the call to report her missing. I don't remember seeing that, but I could have overlooked it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The husband found her phone FIRST. Then he called LE

From my perspective, I don't find her jogging at 2 pm unusual as many runners try to get a run in when they can. I also don't get the feeling the husband is involved at all. IMO, the info that has been forthcoming leaves a lot of details out and no one really knows for sure what he did/she did or said or texted or whatever.

I truly feel awful for what this family is going through and I can't imagine what it must feel like to have every one of my texts, words or actions looked at suspiciously. I just pray they find her soon.

I haven't seen any reports of SAR canine units being deployed. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.
SABBM

https://www.facebook.com/FindSherri/

According to a post in this link-- dogs were used the night of her disappearance. Apparently they found no scent.
fwiw.
MOO

That's because he tracked it by using the find my iPhone app.

I probably would have done the same thing.

I see nothing wrong with the way he did things.

Jmo

Papini added that he traced his wife’s cellphone using an app that tracks lost phones and found the device on the side of a road.

If he used 'find my phone' it would have to be configured to find his wife's phone.

It would have to be registered to her account to use the app.

He would have had to log in to her
icloud account in order use 'find my phone'.

Do husbands usually know their wife's password to their icloud account?

Just food for thought..

Thing is here we have a man with a wife and 2 little boys I'd think je would always have his phone with him in case of an emergency. Just put it on silent or vibrate.

In an ideal world this might happen but there are always going to be times when people are just out of contact. I know many many parents who aren't attached to their phones 24/7, I don't think that's necessarily irresponsible. He's not the first contact point and in a real emergency someone could ring the switchboard at his work.

Maybe this is an attitude difference between the US and UK and I could be wrong in not seeing anything unusual about someone not replying to a text immediately or being in constant contact with home

That's because he tracked it by using the find my iPhone app.

I probably would have done the same thing.

I see nothing wrong with the way he did things.

Jmo

For me it niggles because it reminds me of Jennifer Ramsaran

Papini added that he traced his wife’s cellphone using an app that tracks lost phones and found the device on the side of a road.

If he used 'find my phone' it would have to be configured to find his wife's phone.

It would have to be registered to her account to use the app.

He would have had to log in to her
icloud account in order use 'find my phone'.

Just food for thought..

Aren't there apps that allow you to track someone else's phone with their permission, could just be a sensible thing to have set up in case the phone was ever lost, Sherri might have had the same app on her phoine to track his if necessary

Husband uses find my iphone app; makes me think of Remy Ramsaran..

Edit: Funny thing, just looked back and my last post on here was on the Ramsaran case..., wondering why I felt compelled to log in here for the first time in several years.

Aren't there apps that allow you to track someone else's phone with their permission, could just be a sensible thing to have set up in case the phone was ever lost, Sherri might have had the same app on her phoine to track his if necessary

There's Find My Friends which is a separate app which is generally used for kids and parents and/or teenagers who live close and want to meet up on a whim.

Find My iPhone is what is used for lost/stolen phones and would need to be signed in by the phone's owner to gain control or access to track it. Or by someone else who had the password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen