Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not him, her. Why would she text him? Surely she knows he will not respond. He states I usually don`t bring my personal phone in

on my job. She must know this, so why text him?

IDK... I run in a jacket in 88 degree heat so I sweat more (RE earlier poster's question: why would she have a jacket) and I text my husband when he's on a 70 mile bike ride knowing he won't see it until later. Some things are just quirks and not indicative of something amiss.

Mods..We ARE allowed to talk about what family says in the media/on camera, correct because their identity is verified correct? We just can't "sleuth" such as digging into a family members background, criminal record, past relationships, etc..correct?

Anyone else think the husband kinda has a Freddie Prince Jr. quality to him?

Thanks for that incite. I completely agree with you

Not him, her. Why would she text him? Surely she knows he will not respond. He states I usually don`t bring my personal phone in

She doesn't know when he is going to be between clients. He probably doesn't know as I'm sure some jobs ending up taking a lot longer than anticipated and some jobs get done more quickly.

I still have a problem with this statement:
PAPINI: I received a text message from her at 10:37 a.m. that day asking me if I was coming home from lunch. I usually don`t bring my personal phone in

on my job, so I didn`t respond to that message until 1:39 p.m. later that day.

Can't figure out why she would text him knowing this??

I wonder if they have had any handymen or service guys at their home recently?

My husband is a truck driver. Sometimes it takes and hour or 2 to get a text or call back and sometimes in minutes. I still text him anyway. Maby thats why she texted her husband.

IDK... I run in a jacket in 88 degree heat so I sweat more (RE earlier poster's question: why would she have a jacket) and I text my husband when he's on a 70 mile bike ride knowing he won't see it until later. Some things are just quirks and not indicative of something amiss.
BBM
I considered that. I know many people that do the same. Just no one that is 100# - there a lots of pics of her in sleeveless shirts on vacation etc.
Something about the jacket bothers me. I guess I am thinking that she was hyper vigilant about her weight.
OR due to the fact that she weighed less, she was cold at 70°.
Or both!
***correction 66° was the high on 11/2
71° on 11/3.
https://www.wunderground.com/histor...=96001&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999#calendar

[...] Mark Hacking and Scott Peterson shed an awful lot of tears and I didn't believe them, either. [...]

Yeah, Scott Peterson. Exactly. It's to the point where when I see a guy crying like this, I immediately think, "guilty!"

Which is totally unfair, of course. It means nothing, one way or the other. But it always makes me suspicious...

You're assuming they don't talk. I assume that he probably said "hun, I'm taking my phone with me today so text if you need me to pick anything up from the store" etc.

Because that's when the thought occurred to her. Maybe she didn't know when he would see it but knew he would most likely see it by a certain time?

I text my husband while he's at work - like to remind him to pick up something on the way home - even though I know he doesn't look at his phone until he's finished for the day.

From the sound of his job he is going to different houses installing equipment. Maybe this is what he means by not bringing it to work, not in these houses. But if he was planning on coming home for lunch, he would probably check it for messages and respond that he was. I don't understand why people are concerned about this text message from her. It appears it was sent by her as there were witnesses seeing her job/walk after this was sent. It was the police that said neighbors saw in jogging.

He did not say he doesn't bring his phone with him in the morning
He said he doesn't bring it IN on his job.
That doesn't mean he doesn't check his messages through the day

Maybe she was fully aware of this and knew at some point, maybe between jobs, he would check his messages

JMO

Because that's when the thought occurred to her. Maybe she didn't know when he would see it but knew he would most likely see it by a certain time?

I text my husband while he's at work - like to remind him to pick up something on the way home - even though I know he doesn't look at his phone until he's finished for the day.
I agree. If we text our spouse at work we know if they respond immediately great, if not, they are busy.
In the event of an EMERGENCY, I would contact the supervisor, especially if I had no idea of his location at the time.
Are you coming home for lunch was just a question.
If he was close and not busy a text back within minutes would indicate that he would perhaps come by.
No response within several minutes means he is busy.
I find this unrelated to the case.
IMO

About the daycare thing. Does no one think she did that for their benefit? It'd help prepare them for the education process. Think about it, if they're already used to the routine of strangers teaching them and other children around they'll have that experience when they move on to preschool. I'm sure private preschools would look more favorably on applicants who have already been exposed to the classroom atmosphere, etc.

I don't find it that big of deal.

Because she knows he checks it throughout the day

About the daycare thing. Does no one think she did that for their benefit? It'd help prepare them for the education process. Think about it, if they're already used to the routine of strangers teaching them and other children around they'll have that experience when they move on to preschool. I'm sure private preschools would look more favorably on applicants who have already been exposed to the classroom atmosphere, etc.

I don't find it that big of deal.
No, to each his own. If they were in daycare for whatever reason the couple agreed on it.
We don't even know how often they went or for how long.
As a stay a home mom, for a few years, maintaining a household with preschoolers is like washing your hair before you go swimming!
It may have been a simple mothers morning out program once a week.
If they went every day from 7-5
so be it.
The children were being cared for when she disappeared - I am thankful that they were not involved in seeing her abductor and /or being left alone in the home due to it.
Moo

I believe she was snatched on sunrise, restrained and items were tossed after making the first turn right. The phone and garment was found right in front of a house. Lots of less visible places to get her in a car than in front of this house, also would explain why no scent.

Does anyone know where the strands of hair were found? I don't mean area, I mean literally where? On the ground? It seems odd to me that strands of hair didn't blow away... were they caught on something?

The phone bothers me. If you're abducting someone and you have an extremely limited amount of time to do so, it makes absolutely no sense to remove a phone from whatever holder it was in. I mean, how would that be done even? At the presumption that she would struggle... how would you take the phone off her person?

The language used during the interview bothers me immensely. But I'll leave that where it is and try and focus on questions on the evidence that has been confirmed.

So... phone and hair. Bothering me!

My husband doesn't take his phone on the job with him, but everytime he goes to his vehicle he checks it for missed calls and texts which could be numerous times a day, was he a smoker? I take all of my smoke breaks in my car

BBM

IMO the suspicious circumstances are that the phone and ear buds were there, but surveillance video and police dogs indicate Sherri wasn't there with them.
(she was not jogging @ 2pm)
The police may quietly know stuff like:

Cf Gee I wonder if the surveillance picked up someone in the area of the phone that had no business being there....

Or, could someone have gone there and then been like "Here they are" (phone, buds, fannypack) even if they were just placed there. Iykwim.
Sort of like Wesley Hadsell style?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members