Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's not true. The earliest report would be from CHP on the scene to the dispatcher to the responding officer.

"CHP is on scene and advised that she is chained to something," a radio dispatcher told a responding officer. "CHP is advising that she is heavily battered."

Battered to me means attacked by another person. Injured means hurt herself falling or tripping as in accident.

What's not true?

A person who is a plumber could have hose clamps large enough for wrists readily available. There may be other jobs that would make those available also.

I have quite a few, just for the record. :)

Can't open this. Does it say she was injured by kidnappers? Or that she was injured?

It's just an article summarizing other articles and citing quotes from other stories. It quoted and cited "heavily battered” and “chained to something" from the Redding Record-Searchlight and "She was assaulted and had injuries which she was treated for." from ABC News.

A person who is a plumber could have hose clamps large enough for wrists readily available. There may be other jobs that would make those available also.

Any auto parts store would have a wide range of hose clamp sizes. Anyone can walk in and buy ones that would fit around Sherri's wrists. JMO

I was under the impression he didnt call anyone.
I guess we don't know I have to go back and find that post that had me curious about that.

I don't think we know who exactly he called and exactly when he called. I think I saw an article about some people had their phone ring a couple hours later. That's just one or two family members. But if you can find quotes as to when he called each of the relatives, I will stand corrected. He didn't take the kids tot he hospital so I think he had to at least tell his mom, unless his mom was already watching the kids at the time for the race.

Just let me stop my reading for a moment and state clearly:
If my son-in-law knew my missing daughter had been found safe and had actually spoken to her and he did not call me and daddy within 5 minutes of gaining this knowledge to let us know, katie bolt the door cause mama is going after somebody with her big wooden spoon!!

Let me resume the scheduled programming so I can calm myself down.

(PS. One of my northern-living friends recently told me she had no idea who "katie" was or why she was bolting the door...and that's when I figured out that my southern euphemisms aren't known by all. So..."katie bolt the door," means, "BEWARE!" At least it does down here in these parts.)

What's not true?

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
I'm going with the latest report from the Sheriff saying this.

Early media reports saying LE didn't know if the kidnappers harmed her means just that. Now we do know that they harmed Sherri.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...128-story.html

The earliest report would be from CPS. Battered. They knew that the minute they found her. Battered not injured or not hidden injuries. Battered.

"CHP is on scene and advised that she is chained to something," a radio dispatcher told a responding officer. "CHP is advising that she is heavily battered."

I Googled sealed search warrant California after I read the news story. There was a lot of information on the topic with most of the legal issues over my head. Maybe someone can summarize how and why it is done.

Not a lawyer, but according to this thread, a search warrant may be sealed if the DA doesn't want the suspect to know s/he is being investigated (if I'm understanding correctly)

http://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/sealed-search-warrant-385609.html

❤

I assume you are referring to California state court issued search warrants.

All California state court issued search warrants (including the triggering affidavit(s)) are sealed (not open to the public) until either:

1) The warrant is served and returned to the court; or
2) Ten (10) days after issuance, whichever comes first.

All California state court issued search warrants have a lifetime of 10 days. Either the warrant (and triggering affidavit) is served within the time period or the warrant is void. Once a warrant is served, the warrant is open to the public. Pen. Code § 1534(a).

However, if preserving confidentiality of information in the warrant outweighs disclosure to the public, the warrant is sealed and the court will not release the warrant to the public. Evid. Code § 1040(b)(2).

"Heavily battered" is from official source. It was a direct quote from the dispatcher to a responding unit.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/article117258213.html

Forgive me speaking on behalf of AceDetective, but I think the point was that from 'heavily battered' (the original, officially-sourced term), it's now taken on a life of its own and morphed into 'heavily beaten' and 'left for dead.'

I don't think AceDetective was implying that 'heavily battered' was the exaggeration.

ETA: My bad, I see AceDetective did write 'unofficial source'. Yeah, agreed that's incorrect. Sorry for correction corner in the wrong corner. Trying to keep up with the thread!

I think I'll step back for a while.

I feel like I am at one of those mystery dinners or train rides. I'm shut in a room with lots of clues and I have to figure out who done it!

Later.

Why, yes there is -- but it's old news: $49,205 of $50k goal; no longer accepting donations.

So close!
Maybe they did reach it and it doesn't show because of the withdrawals. (I never did get an answer to how that worked.)

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
I'm going with the latest report from the Sheriff saying this.

Early media reports saying LE didn't know if the kidnappers harmed her means just that. Now we do know that they harmed Sherri.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...128-story.html

The earliest report would be from CPS. Battered. They knew that the minute they found her. Battered not injured or not hidden injuries. Battered.

I didn't say anything about the earliest report. I was responding to a specific EARLY report. I stand behind my post.

Just curious, what are the odds this was a red herring? Is that common? I'm wondering because of the phrase "does not want contact with le." Sounds like an anonymous tip call.

❤

It says RP (reporting party) is a friend of MP (missing person).

Would these be difficult to put on/take off? IIRC they are flexible?

Yes they would, if fastened tightly. You would need something to cut metal to get them off. Or you'd need a flathead screwdriver to open it. If it's not tight though you can unscrew with your fingers. Maybe she was able to do that and that's how she escaped the vehicle if it wasn't an intended drop off by captors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It says RP (reporting party) is a friend of MP (missing person).

Could this be a case of Chinese whispers? i.e. Someone is talking about the girl who was chained up in the container, another hasn't heard about the Kohlhepp case and puts 2 and 2 together, makes 18... then the words gets passed on until a friend of SP heard a rumour that some guy has a girl in a container and it may be SP... so they call it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli