Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I've wondered if it could have been one those clamps that are connected by chain and tightened around a horse's back legs. I've seen all sizes and types in the stables.

I have ridden all my life and can't imagine what you are describing! Can you explain what is clamped on a horse's back legs?

I am still catching up, LOL

In the video here;
http://abcnews.go.com/US/911-caller-missing-california-mom-risked-hit-car/story?id=43819168

At the 1:45 mark there is an evidence marker. I cannot determine what this object is. Could it be what she was waving? To me it looks like the inside of one side of a bikini top or running top.

View attachment 105212

Anyone eelse have a notion as to what that is?

Oh Stele noooooooooo

lol sorry. It drove us bonkers. I know I stared at it for several hours. I think it was determined (unofficially) to be a black latex or rubber glove taped down to cover something up. I wonder could this be the pocket knife and twine? Or was that somewhere else?

It is from Old Oregon Trail. A few yards from the junction with Sunset Drive It is marked on the Case Map as 'Unknown? Item found'

"One of the police officers said: “She is chained to something. She's chained with a quarter-inch heavy chain and hose clamps on her wrists."

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...ger-on-side-of-the-road-if-she-was-willing-to

When I googled images for quarter-inch heavy chain, all I got was images of necklaces. It kinda goes along with your Pinterest hose clamp jewelry.

View attachment 105211
View attachment 105213

I guess with female perps...

Try this - I use chain a lot. The officer didn't mean jewelry :)
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quarter-inch-x-35-ft-chain-coil-47698.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=hos...QAhUH3YMKHcmrBrYQ_AUIBSgA&dpr=1#q=1/4+"+chain

I think it would be quite logical that they don't immediately release that information go a thirsty, clamoring public. She was found at 4:30 am. Injured and bound and emotionally distraught. I can't imagine making any damn public statements if my spouse was found like that after disappearing. Not for a long time. Her family likely thought she was dead and were shocked. And then maybe wanted to get her in a secure, aafe
and private location before the media began stalking her

Plus, the police probably wanted to find out what the hell was going on and try to secure the area she was found in as determine whether they could get useable info out of her that could lead to an immediate apprehension, before the and public and media climbed all over everything.

So far though it's unclear whether they got much detail from Sherri at all. Time will tell. But I totally get why they wouldt want to be screaming about her release right away.

But not even her parents? I find it unbelievable.

Because if she jumped out of the car she can't have been chained to a pole at the side of the road.

We danced that dance earlier!

I think the chained to something is because the dispatcher didn't understand the responding when he said "hose clamps" or whatever it was. He probably heard the chained part clearly, but couldn't make out the rest.

This also reminds me of the heavily battered information provided by dispatch. We really don't know if CHP were advising based on what Sherry said or not.

First of all hose clamps are an assumption that started way up thread. No validation on them.

This is what the dispatcher told the policeman. 'She was chained to something'.

"CHP is on scene and advised that she is chained to something," a radio dispatcher told a responding officer. "CHP is advising that she is heavily battered."

" a radio dispatcher told a responding officer. "CHP is advising that she is heavily battered."

In my mind there are a lot of folks wondering just what really happened because LE has been unclear in their press releases. Giving a bit of info for people to make what they want out of it.

That is strange because usually LE protects victims.

I'm going with the latest report from the Sheriff saying this.

Early media reports saying LE didn't know if the kidnappers harmed her means just that. Now we do know that they harmed Sherri.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-sharri-papini-investigation-20161128-story.html

The early reports were not early enough to make a difference in the facts concerning her injuries, though. The first reports concerning her injuries were published after Sherri had been rescued off the road, after her being treated and released from the hospital, and after the initial press conference that Thursday afternoon. The early reports from LE stated "non-life threatening injuries" (multiple accounts) and I have to believe that LE knew right off the bat the degree to which she was harmed, battered, or injured (whatever the terminology one chooses).

So, the only difference might be in how those injuries occurred...are you saying Sherri might not have early on attributed her injuries to her captor's assaulting her? But maybe told LE later that her injuries came from her captors who assaulted her? So that in the later media accounts LE are stating her injuries are due to her captor's assaults (when early accounts were hazy at best about this)?

That would be a way of reconciling the disparity in accounts, IMO, at least.

Oh Stele noooooooooo

lol sorry. It drove us bonkers. I know I stared at it for several hours. I think it was determined (unofficially) to be a black latex or rubber glove taped down to cover something up. I wonder could this be the pocket knife and twine? Or was that somewhere else?

It is from Old Oregon Trail. A few yards from the junction with Sunset Drive It is marked on the Case Map as 'Unknown? Item found'

Ha! Maybe it's hiding the other part of the unwrapped present.....:loveyou::tantrum::facepalm::gaah:

Oh Stele noooooooooo

My but they use colorful tape LOL

BBM; You are so right about a feeling, but my gut was wrong in the Kibby case. I had said on the threads that my instinct was that she did not last much longer than her phone.

I was never so happy to say I was wrong than when she returned home! I was overcome!

Oh I remember all too well Stele, you were still there til the end for her though, never giving up despite what you felt. That day was one of, if not the best day in my time here at WS. Words can't describe, all the feels!!

"One of the police officers said: “She is chained to something. She's chained with a quarter-inch heavy chain and hose clamps on her wrists."

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...ger-on-side-of-the-road-if-she-was-willing-to

When I googled images for quarter-inch heavy chain, all I got was images of necklaces. It kinda goes along with your Pinterest hose clamp jewelry.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is what I think of when I think of 1/4 inch chain:
image_6647.jpg

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quarter-inch-x-35-ft-chain-coil-47698.html

(FWIW I am female and would not have thought of necklaces)

Direct quotes, IMO, are usually more reliable than a reporter's attempt to summarize.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-rea...is-story-investigating-past/story?id=43816705

I have to think by now LE has a good hunch whether Sherri's telling the truth or not. It doesn't take long before a hoax begins to fall apart.

I agree with you whole-heartedly.

Yet, it's still hard to fathom how one news media can misquote someone differently three separate times in one story.
Reading the linked article, "She was assaulted..."
Watching the accompanying video, "She had been assaulted..."
Listening to the accompanying video, "She has been assaulted..."
Of course, they mean the same things, but when did changing the words of a directly quoted statement become okay. A word here and there can quickly become another word here or there and the next thing we know, even the direct quote barely reflects the actual statement.

View attachment 105211
View attachment 105213

They're also used in lots of other craft projects, for example, affixing flower pots to a wall for display or mason jars with a pretty tie for storage, etc. Not uncommon on Pinterest. They're cheap, too....

So when she was initially abducted, they must've been wearing masks while they were out driving around, or she would've seen them?

Did she tell CHO she jumped from a moving vehicle? Or a vehicle? Did CHP see her chained to something? Or was she telling him she had been chained to something? I can't make sense of what she said vs. what was witnessed.

For those of you that perused SP's Pinterest page, were there pins or craft board with hose clamps?

So when she was initially abducted, they must've been wearing masks while they were out driving around, or she would've seen them?

I suppose, unless they put a bag over her head at once. Otherwise, women driving around in masks might be noticed...

I suppose, unless they put a bag over her head at once. Otherwise, women driving around in masks might be noticed...

A bag or a hood, sure. If it caught her by surprise, she'd be put at an immediate disadvantage. So, it's possible.

The dispatcher said " to something" because he probably didn't hear "hose clamps" (or whatever it was in that recording) due to static. He relayed the message as he understood it. He may have thought and interpreted CHP saying she was chained with a 1/2 inch chain to something by her wrists.

Ok can you provide me with a link where Le said Hose Clamps were on the victim?

We've tossed that ball in the air long enough. Verification please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14