Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you that its unbelievable no additional information about this case has surfaced in MSM. I'm surprised reporters in that area don't have "sources" in LE. Anonymous sources are quoted all the time in big cases.
Having grown up in the area, the local media and le were closely intertwined. Le is rarely pressed, or questioned, by the press.

❤

I think it's safe to say that LE has given this entire family a huge gag order..................and carried it over to themselves as well.

It's unbelievable that more information about this hasn't leaked out by now. As far as I know, not a single thing about the abductors or an attempt to find them has been broadcast publicly with the exception of a "maroon SUV".

I know the MSM is pressing hard for more information, but it appears that LE is pressing back even harder not to provide any.

This story may be so fantastic and complex that it's hard to discount it, while at the same time impossible to verify it.

The Sacramento Bee is investigating which is different than doing interviews. They reported early that some of the search warrants were sealed.

UGH!!!!

No specific reason for that, but the noise does accompany me pulling out my hair.

I'm taking a break. Please have this case solved when I return later today - thanks!!

The Sacramento Bee is investigating which is different than doing interviews. They reported early that some of the search warrants were sealed.
Sacbee does some good work in norcal, they are more likely to investigate than local media

❤

Holy Moly... I left for like an hour and still can't catch up...:deadhorse:

This is just an assumption, but with little released, I feel these news outlets are doing anything they can to make their articles more appealing by adding unknown details or fancy words/phrases for details they otherwise don't know as fact. It reminds me of teaching writing to kids and trying to get them to use better adjectives and descriptive phrases to explain the same idea..:gaah:

But in turn, it is making us go in circles thinking there is new info out there...maybe? Just a thought.

Edited: By the time I finished reading the previous pages and got back to this post, I see about 5 people said pretty much the same thing. :giggle:

After googling how to restrain someone using hose clamps (what's one more suspicious search at this point?) and finding nothing I think someone misidentified another kind of clamp or even zip ties. Zip ties do have industrial uses - fastening all kinds of things together like hoses, cables to pipes, etc.

I agree. I've wondered if it could have been one those clamps that are connected by chain and tightened around a horse's back legs. I've seen all sizes and types in the stables.

Holy Moly... I left for like an hour and still can't catch up...:deadhorse:

This is just an assumption, but with little released, I feel these news outlets are doing anything they can to make their articles more appealing by adding unknown details or fancy words/phrases for details they otherwise don't know as fact. It reminds me of teaching writing to kids and trying to get them to use better adjectives and descriptive phrases to explain the same idea..:gaah:

But in turn, it is making us go in circles thinking there is new info out there...maybe? Just a thought.
Seems like the best thing is to go by LE statements directly and avoid sensationalism in the press

❤

So I don't follow a lot of crime etc. but why would warrants be sealed? OR is that common?

The problem is not so much a willingness to believe LE, it's just that one link will contradict other accounts that have been reported. There are several conflicting accounts, so how to know which account is accurate enough to believe?? Here's what was reported Thrusday night, after hearing the announcement from LE and after she'd been checked out at the hospital:

Direct quotes, IMO, are usually more reliable than a reporter's attempt to summarize.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-rea...is-story-investigating-past/story?id=43816705

I have to think by now LE has a good hunch whether Sherri's telling the truth or not. It doesn't take long before a hoax begins to fall apart.

Why wouldn't Keith have been ecstatic and shouted it from the rooftops? Why didn't he tell everyone? Her parents, her family? Why was her being found so hushed up?

I'm only guessing that when he heard she was found alive his first priority was to get to Sherri. I think he dropped his kids off at his mom's house and high-tailed it to the hospital. Then after he had seen with his own eyes that she was alive and he called his extended family and maybe friends. We did find out she was found safe several hours before the press conference so he DID tell his family, IMO, before they heard it on TV. That is what I would have done, personally, if it was my loved one. I would need to see her with my own eyes before telling anyone anything.

Whoa. This is the first I have heard "left for dead."

"Police believe that the California mother who disappeared for three weeks, garnering nationwide attention, was abducted and left for dead on the side of a highway."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...alif-mom-sherri-papini-dead-article-1.2889960

Injuries aside, that piece is just bad journalism. Nothing quoted to that effect ("left for dead"), and nothing new from the sheriff. Bait and click writing.

Why wouldn't Keith have been ecstatic and shouted it from the rooftops? Why didn't he tell everyone? Her parents, her family? Why was her being found so hushed up?

This is just a guess, but to keep the focus on the event? Not having everyone distracted and wanting to ask family/friends questions that were there....whoever that was. Maybe just to verify it was her and all was "well" so to speak. Allow her to seek treatment/meet with LE without being bombarded with news in the area? I don't know. But I would assume there were other things to be taken care of right away and since the events were already scheduled in another town, was probably best to leave it as it was until an "official" announcement could be made. I can't really find the right way to describe what I'm thinking. Ha. Look what happened as soon as word did get out. Where was she? What happened? Questions/comments/rumors/etc flying all over the place. My guess is it was probably best to stay quiet for a couple hours before the big news explosion. Give time for initial investigation/allow LE to arrive/get her to hospital/etc.
:confused:

I'm only guessing that when he heard she was found alive his first priority was to get to Sherri. I think he dropped his kids off at his mom's house and high-tailed it to the hospital. Then after he had seen with his own eyes that she was alive and he called his extended family and maybe friends. We did find out she was found safe several hours before the press conference so he DID tell his family, IMO, before they heard it on TV. That is what I would have done, personally, if it was my loved one. I would need to see her with my own eyes before telling anyone anything.

Absolutely agree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members