Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I had a slight feeling about that before the ransom talk began, and posted that it could be another Audrey Seiler, Jennifer Wilbanks, Fauna Jackson type scenario. Once the ransom chatter took off like wildfire, a lot of people jumped on the hoax train.

I had a small niggely feeling it was a hoax but I really changed and went with hoax once the ransom was announced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her injuries or evidence of "battering" could have been caused by jumping from a moving vehicle, I suppose. Unless she specifically said she was "battered". Jmo

I agree, but I wonder if this is something women would typically think to use.

There are quite a few fetching hose clamp bracelets on Pinterest. It's a crafty item and they look pretty good.

Maybe she was chained or had one leg tied to something like a cinder block or a solid metal pipe. Something that would stop a person running away but still able to move about slowly?

Piece of pipe is my initial guess as well, Skibaboo. I also thought perhaps it was not something heavy but was some kind of contraption used to attach her to something heavy/stable wherever she was held. Maybe some rigging or ring system or something not easily identifiable on the scene.

Would a person be able to jump out of a vehicle with a heavy object chained to them without serious injury such as a broken wrist or ankle, though? I guess it's possible if it wasn't too heavy.

Who is brave and daring enough to volunteer to be the Official Websleuths Guinea Pig? Somebody step up ... we need answers! Steelman?

This case has nearly put me into a Xanax coma. Next time something like this happens, I'm running the other direction.

LOL I hear u. I am still in the rabbit hole and that's where I am staying. For now. Quietly following.

I'm curious. Did people think this was a hoax before the reverse ransom announcement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Several things didn't add up. There's a lot of talk about it in earlier threads but after LE has said there's no reason to doubt her story all hoax discussion has stopped. That's per TOS and I'm simply answering your question. :)

Oh I did, Im from a town in the area and the story just didnt line up for me. I made several predictions based on feeling it was a hoax, and so far most of them have played out. Of course, nothing has been proven, it could go either way, I'm just answering your question and trying to stay within tos. Clearly, none of us really know what happened

❤

I don't recall when I started considering a hoax theory. I held four theories in my hand: hoax by more than one person, abduction by stranger, murder by someone she knew, voluntary disappearance.

I have since ruled out murder.

As we get more information, I will, obviously, continue to rule out theories.

jmo

Before the news broke that Sherri, 34, had been found, the family had planned a balloon release on Thanksgiving morning as a symbol of hope for her return.
The event was held at an annual Turkey Trot 10km run in Redding.
But as dozens of family and friends gathered Ken said everyone was worried because Keith, who had been due to give a speech and read a poem at the event, didn't show.
He recalls: 'It wasn't until right after we let the balloons go when we started realizing what was happening, Keith wasn't there and we were all like, 'uh oh', maybe the emotions got to him, we all didn't know what to think.
'But then about an hour later everyone's phone started to ring, 'We found her'.'
Ken says it was his daughter Suzanne who told him.
'Suzanne called and said 'dad, they found her', I couldn't believe it, it was a miracle.
'It turns out Keith had been told she was okay hours before and he even beat the sheriffs down to where she was found.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3976826/Sister-kidnapped-California-mom-heavily-battered-bound-dumped-roadside-three-weeks-kidnapped-says-return-amazing-Thanksgiving-ask-for.html#ixzz4RKCb0VV0

Please bear with me, but I'm trying to understand why the family would not have known she was found at the just-before-8-AM balloon launch Thanksgiving morning. These two articles state that 1) a friend read the poem Keith had originally intended to read, and 2) the immediate family was completely in the dark and not told why the friend was reading the poem instead of Keith (who it seems would have gotten the poem from Keith that morning as the plans suddenly changed). Some thoughts/questions:

Was the friend who was reading the poem instructed by Keith/LE not to tell family members why he was reading Keith's poem for him?

Did Keith call him at maybe 5 AM and say "hey, please read this poem for me, as I won't be there...something's come up" - or was the friend in on the whole discovery and yet keeping it secret from the whole family who KP's dad said was worried and wondering if KP had been emotionally overcome that morning?

Would not the friend have been consulted by any family member when they discovered he would be reading Keith's poem that morning? ("Hey, where's Keith, and why are you reading his poem instead of him?")

In other words, HOW did KP's friend explain HIS reading of the poem instead of Keith that morning, so that KP's dad and immediate family would still be so in the dark, not knowing "what to think" as the poem was being read and the balloons launched? Did they ask the friend, and if so, were they offended that the friend didn't tell them why?

Not insinuating anything here (way too confusing to really know what's going on at this point)...just totally perplexed by what is being reported, and trying to fit the pieces together in a way that makes some bit of sense.

I am following along. I don't have anything to add.
Just questions, lots of questions
So I wait til some solid answers are provided

911 transcript states "Dispatcher: CHP is on scene and advised she is chained to something". No mention of what that "something" is.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/article117258213.html

The dispatcher said " to something" because he probably didn't hear "hose clamps" (or whatever it was in that recording) due to static. He relayed the message as he understood it. He may have thought and interpreted CHP saying she was chained with a 1/2 inch chain to something by her wrists.

I am following along. I don't have anything to add.
Just questions, lots of questions
So I wait til some solid answers are provided

Me either. Come on down there is still room on the bench down in the rabbit hole LOL Quietly moving over......

Hose clamps. Well that's a new one. The immediate question that comes to my mind is how big? Were they large enough to go around her wrist or ankle? It sounds like it. Or were they small ones that were simply used to hold the chain together?

by the way, I would like to point out that nowhere does it say the vehicle was moving when she jumped out. Also, that is not an official statement.

The official statement is that she was released.

<modsnip>

Sounds like sensationalist news reporting go me. If you wanted to leave someone to die you wouldn't leave them on a highway to be discovered shortly after.

I agree. And I keep going back to LE saying her injuries were not life-threatening.

Probably sloppy reporting.

jmo

Please bear with me, but I'm trying to understand why the family would not have known she was found at the just-before-8-AM balloon launch Thanksgiving morning. These two articles state that 1) a friend read the poem Keith had originally intended to read, and 2) the immediate family was completely in the dark and not told why the friend was reading the poem instead of Keith (who it seems would have gotten the poem from Keith that morning as the plans suddenly changed). Some thoughts/questions:

Was the friend who was reading the poem instructed by Keith/LE not to tell family members why he was reading Keith's poem for him?

Did Keith call him at maybe 5 AM and say "hey, please read this poem for me, as I won't be there...something's come up" - or was the friend in on the whole discovery and yet keeping it secret from the whole family who KP's dad said was worried and wondering if KP had been emotionally overcome that morning?

Would not the friend have been consulted by any family member when they discovered he would be reading Keith's poem that morning? ("Hey, where's Keith, and why are you reading his poem instead of him?")

In other words, HOW did KP's friend explain HIS reading of the poem instead of Keith that morning, so that KP's dad and immediate family would still be so in the dark, not knowing "what to think" as the poem was being read and the balloons launched? Did they ask the friend, and if so, were they offended that the friend didn't tell them why?

Not insinuating anything here (way too confusing to really know what's going on at this point)...just totally perplexed by what is being reported, and trying to fit the pieces together in a way that makes some bit of sense.

We think alike!

'Scuse me, please, while I return to the balloon launch (I'm ADD and this case is really working that). Did someone post in here that someone other than Keith read the poem that morning that Keith had written for Sherri? Does anyone have a link for that?

ETA: ah, I see *LD* has joined me on that rabbit trail!
i saw the video. Didn't see any of her family. It was a heavy-set friend of the family who read it.

Is there any evidence her family was there at all?

I don't recall when I started considering a hoax theory. I held four theories in my hand: hoax by more than one person, abduction by stranger, murder by someone she knew, voluntary disappearance.

I have since ruled out murder.

As we get more information, I will, obviously, continue to rule out theories.

jmo

We need a thread that's just godot's polls and our responses to them. It would be interesting to see what was added and how opinions changed along the way.

i saw the video. Didn't see any of her family. It was a heavy-set friend of the family who read it.

Is there any evidence her family was there at all?

Was the balloon launch scheduled for 8am? Do I have that right?

I haven't paid much attention to the balloon event, but that does seem like an early time to ask people to attend. Curious time.

If I have the time wrong, tell me! (Yeah, I know you would without me asking.)

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member