Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote Originally Posted by sumzero I don't understand this concerted effort to minimize or dismiss what in most any other circumstance would be regarded as a reliable eyewitness report.

You've misunderstood my post, sumzero. I am not part of any "concerted effort" to "minimize or dismiss what in most any other circumstance would be regarded as a reliable eyewitness report."

Quite the contrary.

I was pointing out the the original poster that his or her claiming CHP only writes traffic tickets minimized CHP's duties.

Of course CHP can ascertain whether a person has been heavily battered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I understand what you meant. It made me wonder why someone would think CHP couldn't be trusted to accurately report what they observed. So, I agree with you. :)

I agree, but I wonder if this is something women would typically think to use.

I don't think so. As I said, I had the hardest time with hose clamps! Flahead slips out all the time!

Whoa. This is the first I have heard "left for dead."

"Police believe that the California mother who disappeared for three weeks, garnering nationwide attention, was abducted and left for dead on the side of a highway."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...alif-mom-sherri-papini-dead-article-1.2889960

And police believe she is telling the truth. That is repeated twice in the article.

If this "left for dead" is not a media dramatization, this makes me think she was battered so badly her abductors did not think she would live. Maybe that's why they dropped her off? Maybe she successfully "played dead" after they beat her badly and when they "let her go" she then summoned all her strength to get to the road and flag down the car? Because it is possible to be bruised or cut up from head to toe and even have broken ribs and not be near death but to LOOK like you are near death. Just because her injuries turned out to be non-life threatening after a trip to the hospital does not mean they were not serious or horrific looking. JMO.

I am sorry, "in advance", that I cannot provide a link of what I am about to write...I read an article this morning on the splash page of Yahoo News...in this article, it stated that SP was seen hopping, dangerously close to getting hit by cars, by the first motorist that reported seeing her. So, my thought is, what if what they believe she was chained to are her restrained feet...JMO...have desperately looked for link (I erased my history)...will continue...

Whoa. This is the first I have heard "left for dead."

"Police believe that the California mother who disappeared for three weeks, garnering nationwide attention, was abducted and left for dead on the side of a highway."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...alif-mom-sherri-papini-dead-article-1.2889960

I always find it interesting how things take on a life of their own in the media.

'heavily battered' from an unofficial source has already become 'heavily beaten,' and now it's 'left for dead.' Nice.

I swear the people who write these things use each other's articles as source material and then embellish to make their version better

Please bear with me, but I'm trying to understand why the family would not have known she was found at the just-before-8-AM balloon launch Thanksgiving morning. These two articles state that 1) a friend read the poem Keith had originally intended to read, and 2) the immediate family was completely in the dark and not told why the friend was reading the poem instead of Keith (who it seems would have gotten the poem from Keith that morning as the plans suddenly changed). Some thoughts/questions:

Was the friend who was reading the poem instructed by Keith/LE not to tell family members why he was reading Keith's poem for him?

Did Keith call him at maybe 5 AM and say "hey, please read this poem for me, as I won't be there...something's come up" - or was the friend in on the whole discovery and yet keeping it secret from the whole family who KP's dad said was worried and wondering if KP had been emotionally overcome that morning?

Would not the friend have been consulted by any family member when they discovered he would be reading Keith's poem that morning? ("Hey, where's Keith, and why are you reading his poem instead of him?")

In other words, HOW did KP's friend explain HIS reading of the poem instead of Keith that morning, so that KP's dad and immediate family would still be so in the dark, not knowing "what to think" as the poem was being read and the balloons launched? Did they ask the friend, and if so, were they offended that the friend didn't tell them why?

Not insinuating anything here (way too confusing to really know what's going on at this point)...just totally perplexed by what is being reported, and trying to fit the pieces together in a way that makes some bit of sense.

Why wouldn't Keith have been ecstatic and shouted it from the rooftops? Why didn't he tell everyone? Her parents, her family? Why was her being found so hushed up?

I am sorry, "in advance", that I cannot provide a link of what I am about to write...I read an article this morning on the splash page of Yahoo News...in this article, it stated that SP was seen hopping, almost getting hit by car, by the first motorist that reported seeing her. So, my thought is, what if what they believe she was chained to are her restrained feet...JMO...have desperately looked for link (I erased my history)...will continue...

Yes, I saw the "hopping" article too.

After googling how to restrain someone using hose clamps (what's one more suspicious search at this point?) and finding nothing I think someone misidentified another kind of clamp or even zip ties. Zip ties do have industrial uses - fastening all kinds of things together like hoses, cables to pipes, etc.

Was the balloon launch scheduled for 8am? Do I have that right?

I haven't paid much attention to the balloon event, but that does seem like an early time to ask people to attend. Curious time.

If I have the time wrong, tell me! (Yeah, I know you would without me asking.)

jmo

The balloon event was suppose to be before the Turkey Trot Run. Races usually start early in the morning. I believe it was a 6 mile race.

NOTE: If your link shows up with a portion that has been asterisked out it indicates that site is not considered main stream media and not permitted at Websleuths.

The balloon event was suppose to be before the Turkey Trot Run. Races usually start early in the morning. I believe it was a 6 mile race.

Aha - that makes much more sense. Thanks.

I always find it interesting how things take on a life of their own in the media.

'heavily battered' from an unofficial source has already become 'heavily beaten,' and now it's 'left for dead.' Nice.

I swear the people who write these things use each other's articles as source material and then embellish to make their version better

You forgot 'assaulted'. That was in one of the articles.

I think it's safe to say that LE has given this entire family a huge gag order..................and carried it over to themselves as well.

It's unbelievable that more information about this hasn't leaked out by now. As far as I know, not a single thing about the abductors or an attempt to find them has been broadcast publicly with the exception of a "maroon SUV".

I know the MSM is pressing hard for more information, but it appears that LE is pressing back even harder not to provide any.

This story may be so fantastic and complex that it's hard to discount it, while at the same time impossible to verify it.

I agree with you that its unbelievable no additional information about this case has surfaced in MSM. I'm surprised reporters in that area don't have "sources" in LE. Anonymous sources are quoted all the time in big cases.

BBM. Not sure this is going to put it to rest, since so many seem to be convinced that the family and LE are not to be believed (not specifically directed to you). But here it is....

"We currently have no reason to disbelieve Sherri Papini's story, Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko told ABC News. "She was assaulted and had injuries which she was treated for."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-sharri-papini-investigation-20161128-story.html

The problem is not so much a willingness to believe LE, it's just that one link will contradict other accounts that have been reported. There are several conflicting accounts, so how to know which account is accurate enough to believe?? Here's what was reported Thursday night, after hearing the announcement from LE and after she'd been checked out at the hospital:

Details surrounding her kidnapping were scarce as Shasta County Sheriff's Office made the announcement on Thursday that she had been found alive. It is not known if Papini knew her captors, was harmed by them or what their motives may have been.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...azing-Thanksgiving-ask-for.html#ixzz4RKMmO3QF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli