Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not the only ones who think the audio said "hose clamps";
http://abcnews.go.com/US/911-caller-missing-california-mom-risked-hit-car/story?id=43819168

"One of the police officers said: “She is chained to something. She's chained with a quarter-inch heavy chain and hose clamps on her wrists.”
http://www.insideedition.com/headli...ger-on-side-of-the-road-if-she-was-willing-to

This is the strangest thing I ever heard of. Who thinks of that? So on her tiny wrists, a 2" clamp through the 1/4" chain. Kinda heavy duty IMO.

When I use 1/4 chain or describe it I am talking about the steel being 1/4 '' in diameter,. That is at least 1 inch across a link. 1/4 chain has a load limit of 1300 lbs!
https://www.1st-chainsupply.com/WLLchart.htm

Easier to get some zip ties and put one on each wrist and one between. If this was planned it is very strange.

IMO such a heavy and brutal arrangement is meant to send some kind of message to someone.

:moo:

IMO There are so many questions to be answered and I think that what we will actually see is a shut down by the relatives and no more details released.
I was pondering how the release could have been staged and the problem with that is if someone witnessed one thing but then saw it being described as another in the media, they may well make themselves known to either the relatives or the media rather than the police. Do we actually know how many people have come forward to say they witnessed Sherri? I know it was early morning but was the road usually quiet? I cannot imagine how scary it would be to witness someone on the side of the road in a distressed state.
What we can say for definite (and we actually know so very little even after all this time). is that 2 little children have their Mummy back and that has to be a good thing.
My money is on this newstory disappearing and the family not commenting in future.

Funny how a even a direct quote can be construed as fictitious. I am not disputing that media embellishes or twists words, whether intentional or not. Any family can be perceived as being biased. But this questioning of LE (Shasta Co., CHP, YOLO officers, etc.) is beyond ridiculous, IMO. They have no reason to embellish and the sheriff has been very careful with the wording in these pressers. SMH

Funny how a even a direct quote can be construed as fictitious. I am not disputing that media embellishes or twists words, whether intentional or not. Any family can be perceived as being biased. But this questioning of LE (Shasta Co., CHP, YOLO officers, etc.) is beyond ridiculous, IMO. They have no reason to embellish and the sheriff has been very careful with the wording in these pressers. SMH

Exactly!

I'm only guessing that when he heard she was found alive his first priority was to get to Sherri. I think he dropped his kids off at his mom's house and high-tailed it to the hospital. Then after he had seen with his own eyes that she was alive and he called his extended family and maybe friends. We did find out she was found safe several hours before the press conference so he DID tell his family, IMO, before they heard it on TV. That is what I would have done, personally, if it was my loved one. I would need to see her with my own eyes before telling anyone anything.

I find that very odd.
I can't see not calling her mother right away.
Jmo

IMO There are so many questions to be answered and I think that what we will actually see is a shut down by the relatives and no more details released.
I was pondering how the release could have been staged and the problem with that is if someone witnessed one thing but then saw it being described as another in the media, they may well make themselves known to either the relatives or the media rather than the police. Do we actually know how many people have come forward to say they witnessed Sherri? I know it was early morning but was the road usually quiet? I cannot imagine how scary it would be to witness someone on the side of the road in a distressed state.
What we can say for definite (and we actually know so very little even after all this time). is that 2 little children have their Mummy back and that has to be a good thing.
My money is on this newstory disappearing and the family not commenting in future.

BBM. I agree with you that this case will quietly disappear. For this case to quietly disappear, to me, would mean the abduction was a targeted abduction, connected to someone Sherri knows or related to, for revenge, money, whatever. But a target abduction indeed, and to not cast a bad light or negative attention on the person(s) this target abduction truly meant to hurt or affect, the family and LE will quietly put this case to bed.

The fact that LE stated they're on the look out for 2 Hispanic women, etc. is just a dog bone they fed the public, IMO.

ETA: The last sentence above doesn't mean I don't believe she was abducted by 2 Hispanic women... I believe she was, but not offering any other info to us about it, that is LE's way of just giving us bread crumbs.

So I don't follow a lot of crime etc. but why would warrants be sealed? OR is that common?

I Googled sealed search warrant California after I read the news story. There was a lot of information on the topic with most of the legal issues over my head. Maybe someone can summarize how and why it is done.

i saw the video. Didn't see any of her family. It was a heavy-set friend of the family who read it.

Is there any evidence her family was there at all?

The Daily Mail account in part was an interview quoting dad Ken about the balloon event - his worry when KP didn't show up, their finding out she'd been found, etc. From the interview and his use of the personal pronoun "we" I got the impression Ken and family were definitely there:

But as dozens of family and friends gathered Ken said everyone was worried because Keith, who had been due to give a speech and read a poem at the event, didn't show.He recalls: 'It wasn't until right after we let the balloons go when we started realizing what was happening, Keith wasn't there and we were all like, 'uh oh', maybe the emotions got to him, we all didn't know what to think.
'But then about an hour later everyone's phone started to ring, 'We found her'.'
Ken says it was his daughter Suzanne who told him.
'Suzanne called and said 'dad, they found her', I couldn't believe it, it was a miracle.
'It turns out Keith had been told she was okay hours before and he even beat the sheriffs down to where she was found.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...azing-Thanksgiving-ask-for.html#ixzz4RKWqnaik

ETA: Have no idea if HER family was there...

Mine never changed and I was so wrong I was inside out.

Mine didn't change but I will admit it definitely teetered on the edge a few times, swayed a little back and forth.

I think I only did a couple of godots 'surveys' where one time I listed my top 3, and the other order of possibilities. I may even have felt a little superstitious. I have said many times lol bit like a broken record. 'AH/Kibby' but from very early on I felt SP was coming home alive, I can't explain it. It was just a feeling. I think I was too scared to say it out loud.

Then a lot of wonderful posters who I hold on very high regard saw things I didn't see, or maybe I didn't want to see idk. Just, shes home, with her family. In the end I was right in what I was feeling. I still think it is all genuine but am open to listen to what others see that maybe I see differently.

What we are now hearing from MSM about SP jumping out the back of a truck I read on FB shortly after she was found. I wonder if she was being transported in the wee hours, and managed to get out the truck and jump to safety. What she appeared to be chained to may have been something in the back of the truck that she was attached to and was able to break free from. Just a thought I had.

I Googled sealed search warrant California after I read the news story. There was a lot of information on the topic with most of the legal issues over my head. Maybe someone can summarize how and why it is done.
Not a lawyer, but according to this thread, a search warrant may be sealed if the DA doesn't want the suspect to know s/he is being investigated (if I'm understanding correctly)

http://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/sealed-search-warrant-385609.html

❤

Why wouldn't Keith have been ecstatic and shouted it from the rooftops? Why didn't he tell everyone? Her parents, her family? Why was her being found so hushed up?

I think it would be quite logical that they don't immediately release that information to a thirsty, clamoring public. She was found at 4:30 am. Injured and bound and emotionally distraught. I can't imagine making any damn public statements if my spouse was found like that after disappearing. Not for a long time. Her family likely thought she was dead and were shocked. And then maybe wanted to get her in a secure, safe and private location before the media began stalking her.

Plus, the police probably wanted to find out what the hell was going on and try to secure the area she was found in as determine whether they could get useable info out of her that could lead to an immediate apprehension, before the and public and media climbed all over everything.

So far though it's unclear whether they got much detail from Sherri at all. Time will tell. But I totally get why they wouldt want to be screaming about her release right away.

Not a lawyer, but according to this thread, a search warrant may be sealed if the DA doesn't want the suspect to know s/he is being investigated (if I'm understanding correctly)

http://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/sealed-search-warrant-385609.html

❤

I think the most common reason is it includes sensitive information that if made public could compromise the investigation.

As the suspects are still at large in this case I think its a good chance it could be the reason.

I'm not sure how relevant this is anymore, but just came across it in some more digging.

Previous to Sherri filing for divorce in Shasta County in 2007, her ex actually filed for divorce in December 2006 in Hawaii. This is the same month Sherri said her and Keith moved in together on their wedding blog.

I find that very odd.
I can't see not calling her mother right away.
Jmo

How do we know he didn't? IIRC, her family was not at the Turkey Trot/Balloon Release. My response was in response to someone asking why KP did not excitedly shout it from the rooftops that she was found. He might have called immediate family on the way there and extended family and friends later. I was just saying what I would do-- I would go see my spouse and THEN call family because after I saw her I would have more info to report on her condition. I still say, IMO, his priority was to get to Sherri immediately. This questioning of who he called and when is a bit strange IMO. I feel like if he had made an announcement at the Turkey Trot people would have criticized THAT saying, "Why didn't he rush to SP's side in the hospital?" "What is he doing here still?" and "Why didn't he wait for LE to announce it?" IMO, KP cannot win with some people (not aiming that at any one here, just in general--that's how the public is).

There are quite a few fetching hose clamp bracelets on Pinterest. It's a crafty item and they look pretty good.

"One of the police officers said: “She is chained to something. She's chained with a quarter-inch heavy chain and hose clamps on her wrists."

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...ger-on-side-of-the-road-if-she-was-willing-to

When I googled images for quarter-inch heavy chain, all I got was images of necklaces. It kinda goes along with your Pinterest hose clamp jewelry.

mXUQDn1fTELkoc5OkJX6N3g.jpg
6e433a982d99a846e87de0c7d812f213.jpg

I guess with female perps...

I am sorry, "in advance", that I cannot provide a link of what I am about to write...I read an article this morning on the splash page of Yahoo News...in this article, it stated that SP was seen hopping, dangerously close to getting hit by cars, by the first motorist that reported seeing her. So, my thought is, what if what they believe she was chained to are her restrained feet...JMO...have desperately looked for link (I erased my history)...will continue...
https://gma.yahoo.com/911-caller-sa...ked-being-131903915--abc-news-topstories.html

How do we know he didn't? IIRC, her family was not at the Turkey Trot/Balloon Release. My response was in response to someone asking why KP did not excitedly shout it from the rooftops that she was found. He might have called immediate family on the way there and extended family and friends later. I was just saying what I would do-- I would go see my spouse and THEN family call because after I saw her I would have more info to report on her condition. I still say, IMO, his priority was to get to Sherri immediately. This questioning of who he called and when is a bit strange IMO. I feel like if he had made an announcement at the Turkey Trot people would have criticized THAT saying, "Why didn't he rush to SP's side in the hospital?" "What is he doing here still?" and "Why didn't he wait for LE to announce it?" IMO, KP cannot win with some people (not aiming that at any one here, just in general--that's how the public is).

I agree. LE also might've wanted to maintain some control over the situation until they had time to gather a few more facts. So, they could've instructed Keith not to disclose the information for a little while.

Mine didn't change but I will admit it definitely teetered on the edge a few times, swayed a little back and forth.

I think I only did a couple of godots 'surveys' where one time I listed my top 3, and the other order of possibilities. I may even have felt a little superstitious. I have said many times lol bit like a broken record. 'AH/Kibby' but from very early on I felt SP was coming home alive, I can't explain it. It was just a feeling. I think I was too scared to say it out loud.

Then a lot of wonderful posters who I hold on very high regard saw things I didn't see, or maybe I didn't want to see idk. Just, shes home, with her family. In the end I was right in what I was feeling. I still think it is all genuine but am open to listen to what others see that maybe I see differently.

What we are now hearing from MSM about SP jumping out the back of a truck I read on FB shortly after she was found. I wonder if she was being transported in the wee hours, and managed to get out the truck and jump to safety. What she appeared to be chained to may have been something in the back of the truck that she was attached to and was able to break free from. Just a thought I had.

BBM; You are so right about a feeling, but my gut was wrong in the Kibby case. I had said on the threads that my instinct was that she did not last much longer than her phone.

I was never so happy to say I was wrong than when she returned home! I was overcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli