Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh this thread is moving soooo fast.

I saw this near the end of the closed thread, but don't know how to bring it over. It's the daily police log from November 12.

RP CONTACTING. IS FAMILY FRIEND OF MP.
STATES HE REC'D INFORMATION FROM SUBJ TONIGHT THAT DIDN'T WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN LEO CONTACT. REC'D INFO THAT LISTED MALE IS HOLDING A FEM AGAINST HER WILL IN A STORAGE CONTAINER/SHED.

Somehow this seems important to me.

Bottom of page 1, top of page 2.

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-12-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

I posted a link on the last thread of the Shasta County LE daily summary. From the 2nd of November through yesterday, there is at least one follow-up on the case. What struck me was that her friends and family were contacting law enforcement with information "concerning who she may be with."

To me, that's a strange occurrence. If someone abducted my wife, I'd have no clue who she may be with.

Regarding conflicting stories and wording in MSM arcticles...

Both my husband and I have been misquoted in local newspaper stories.

The misquotes didn't change the basic story in my case, but it used a word I never said or implied in my court testimony and made me wonder where in the world the reporter got it...thin air obviously.

In my husband's case, he was the head negotiator for the teachers in his school district, working out a new contract with the school superintendent and school board. If believed by the other side, the misquote could have hurt negotiations. He had to call the superintendent and clear it up, hoping he would be believed. He was.

From those two experiences I've learned not to take what is written in MSM as gospel truth. Even "quotes" are not always accurate. MSM is what we have to work with, but we need to be reasonable and recognize that, unless we hear it on video, it may or may not be accurate. Of course, if we did that the threads would be very short. :D
JMO

This is my first "live" websleuths case (although I've followed many) and I'm pretty sure my sleuth-o-meter is scarred for life. And I'm an information analyst in the real world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We danced that dance earlier!

First of all hose clamps are an assumption that started way up thread. No validation on them.

This is what the dispatcher told the policeman. 'She was chained to something'.

"CHP is on scene and advised that she is chained to something," a radio dispatcher told a responding officer. "CHP is advising that she is heavily battered."

" a radio dispatcher told a responding officer. "CHP is advising that she is heavily battered."

In my mind there are a lot of folks wondering just what really happened because LE has been unclear in their press releases. Giving a bit of info for people to make what they want out of it.

That is strange because usually LE protects victims.

BBM;
What I heard on the audio is hose clamps:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/911-caller-missing-california-mom-risked-hit-car/story?id=43819168

At 1:42 "She;s chained with a quarter inch heavy chain and (inaudible) on her wrists. When many here listen we hear "hose clamps" It's debatable sort of. Now that is an LE recording."

But then:
"One of the police officers said: “She is chained to something. She's chained with a quarter-inch heavy chain and hose clamps on her wrists.”
http://www.insideedition.com/headli...ger-on-side-of-the-road-if-she-was-willing-to

Now that is MSM so with both LE and MSM I am going with Hose clamps unless someone has a more clear audio.

:cheers:

I agree and important to note that SP is all of 100 lbs. and this was clearly industrial chain not that commonly used in jewelry.

This is what I think of when I think of 1/4 inch chain:
image_6647.jpg

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quarter-inch-x-35-ft-chain-coil-47698.html

(FWIW I am female and would not have thought of necklaces)

I'm not sure how relevant this is anymore, but just came across it in some more digging.

Previous to Sherri filing for divorce in Shasta County in 2007, her ex actually filed for divorce in December 2006 in Hawaii. This is the same month Sherri said her and Keith moved in together on their wedding blog.

Sorry if already asked and answered, but I'm catching back up. Do you have a link?

A person who is a plumber could have hose clamps large enough for wrists readily available. There may be other jobs that would make those available also.

I always find it interesting how things take on a life of their own in the media.

'heavily battered' from an unofficial source has already become 'heavily beaten,' and now it's 'left for dead.' Nice.

I swear the people who write these things use each other's articles as source material and then embellish to make their version better

"Heavily battered" is from official source. It was a direct quote from the dispatcher to a responding unit.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/article117258213.html

How do we know he didn't? IIRC, her family was not at the Turkey Trot/Balloon Release. My response was in response to someone asking why KP did not excitedly shout it from the rooftops that she was found. He might have called immediate family on the way there and extended family and friends later. I was just saying what I would do-- I would go see my

spouse and THEN call family because after I saw her I would have more info to

report on her condition. I still say, IMO, his priority was to get to Sheimmediately. This questioning of who he called and when is a bit strange IMO. I feel like if he had made an announcement at the Turkey Trot people would have criticized THAT saying, "Why didn't he rush to SP's side in the hospital?" "What is he doing here still?" and "Why didn't he wait for LE to announce it?" IMO, KP cannot win with some people (not aiming that at any one here, just in general--that's how the public is).

I was under the impression he didnt call anyone.
I guess we don't know I have to go back and find that post that had me curious about that.

This is my first "live" websleuths case (although I've followed many) and I'm pretty sure my sleuth-o-meter is scarred for life. And I'm an information analyst in the real world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And now I don't feel so bad. Maybe my instincts aren't dead, after all. It's not me ... it really is this case.

Ok can you provide me with a link where Le said Hose Clamps were on the victim?

We've tossed that ball in the air long enough. Verification please.

How do I do that? I didn't say LE said hose clamps and I've no clue why you're asking me about it. Where did someone say LE said that? Do you have link for that?

Gosh this thread is moving soooo fast.

I saw this near the end of the closed thread, but don't know how to bring it over. It's the daily police log from November 12.

RP CONTACTING. IS FAMILY FRIEND OF MP.
STATES HE REC'D INFORMATION FROM SUBJ TONIGHT THAT DIDN'T WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN LEO CONTACT. REC'D INFO THAT LISTED MALE IS HOLDING A FEM AGAINST HER WILL IN A STORAGE CONTAINER/SHED.

Somehow this seems important to me.

Bottom of page 1, top of page 2.

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-12-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2
Just curious, what are the odds this was a red herring? Is that common? I'm wondering because of the phrase "does not want contact with le." Sounds like an anonymous tip call.

❤

Oh I remember all too well Stele, you were still there til the end for her though, never giving up despite what you felt. That day was one of, if not the best day in my time here at WS. Words can't describe, all the feels!!

I was not able to post for 2 days after I heard. Spent a lot of time in the chapel.

I'm going with the latest report from the Sheriff saying this.

Early media reports saying LE didn't know if the kidnappers harmed her means just that. Now we do know that they harmed Sherri.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-sharri-papini-investigation-20161128-story.html

But that's not true. The earliest report would be from CHP on the scene to the dispatcher to the responding officer.

"CHP is on scene and advised that she is chained to something," a radio dispatcher told a responding officer. "CHP is advising that she is heavily battered."

Battered to me means attacked by another person. Injured means hurt herself falling or tripping as in accident.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...hree-wee-long-disappearance-article-1.2887347

How could she tell they were Hispanic by their voices? If they were speaking Spanish, which wouldn't necessarily make them Hispanic, I would expect LE to say that. I guess if she never saw their faces, we are never going to get a better description or a sketch.

What about body type, for instance? What about height? What about hair? Was she blind-folded during the entire 3 week ordeal?

She wouldn't have to be blindfolded the whole time. She could have been kept in a shed or a basement, and had very little contact with her captors.

How do I do that? I didn't say LE said hose clamps. Where did someone say LE said that? Do you have link for that?

It's a media link earlier in this thread. Officers arriving on the scene describing Sherri to dispatch. "Hose clamps" is what everyone agrees he is describing on her wrists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli